042

Lost and Found II

 

Sammy smiled as she leaned against the balustrade, she had a cup of hot chocolate on her hands as she gazed over the garden.

“It’s quite cold out, what are you doing?” She heard Sehun step out from the doors, she glanced back.

“Good morning to you too, lawyer Oh.” She mused back, seeing how he still looked grumpy from sleep.

“Hi.” He murmured before pulling her to his chest, he leaned his chin on the top of her head as she took small sips.

“Your mom talk to you yet?” She asked jokingly, Sehun snorted and slowly tugged on his hoodie so that he could also wrap the girl in with him.

“I might come home late tonight, I have a meeting with one of our major suppliers. Would you like to join me for lunch instead? Are you up for it?” He asked her, Sammy nodded back and wriggled free from his grasp.

“I want pho.” She said thoughtfully, Sehun smiled knowing that her choice of food will change later.

“I’ll make reservations. Breakfast?” Sehun took her hand and gently tugged her back into the house.

“Kai and Jena will be flying out today. I told him they better get on it quickly.” She said as they headed for the kitchen, Sehun blinked at her.

“Get on..what?” He spoke as they padded down the stairs.

“Kids. I don’t want our son to grow up alone.” She said in a business-like tone before marching towards the kitchen.

“Ya, you speak of pregnancy like it’s acquisition, should I be worried?” Sehun was smiling, Sammy rolled her eyes at him.

“It is an acquisition, Oh Sehun. Your son is part mafia, part Kia, part Korea Air and part Park Holdings.”

“Whoa, poor child. I wonder which path he’ll choose. I hope he wont have a difficult time.” He said dryly, Sammy guffawed and kissed his cheek instead before taking her seat.

 

 

“Oppa, I’m bored.” Somin whined as she leaned back on the couch, Chanyeol chuckled from his desk and looked at her.

“Sammy, just take it as if you’re on a really really long summer break. You need to relax, and being stressed out is bad for the baby.”

“I was never too stressed out at work, you know.”

“But you agreed to what Sehun asked for. You’re in for it now.” Chanyeol mused, Sammy rolled her eyes. It was true, Sehun had asked her nicely if she could stop working during the pregnancy, he didn’t demand her to, but he just simply asked if she could. And Sammy agreed, thinking that she’d really need it. And of course, that time there was the whole Kang Injoo and Cha Eunwoo issue.

“I saw the news,” Chanyeol spoke behind his laptop.

“News on what, oppa?” She asked as she took out a packet of dried seaweed from her purse.

“Cha Eunwoo came out unscathed, your Oh Sehun was being nice.”

“Really?” She sat up.

“Well, not totally. He had to leave the country due to public backlash, he wont be able to step back anytime soon after what he did. As for the father,”

“Oh, him.” She made a face.

“He got the life sentence, it only took the jury two hours to decide on it. And, your darling Oh Sehun almost proposed to have Cha Eunwoo’s..nevermind.”

“What? We almost never discuss it. He hates talking about those two.” She pouted.

“Sehun wanted to have his citizenship revoked or something in the lines of him being unable to come back here anymore. I don’t know how that came about, but your fiancé seems powerful.” He said in a light tone, Sammy winced.

“You have to understand him too, Sammy. He almost lost you because of those two.” Chanyeol explained, Somin looked at him, she nodded.

“I know, but…that was intense.”

“When was Sehun ever not intense? He’s only really nice to you.” He chuckled, Somin smiled to herself and took out her phone.

“He is nice, oppa.”

“Yeah, only to you.”

 

 

Sehun stood up and put his coat on, he was about to call Sammy when a familiar male walked in his office.

“Uncle,” Sehun greeted him warmly, Mister Park smiled and shook his offered hand.

“I hope I’m not keeping you, were you on your way out?”

“Yes, lunch with Somin. Join us.” Sehun invited him, but he was confused when the man refused and took a seat. Sehun’s brows rose and he sat down across the elder.

“What brings you here, uncle?” He asked politely, the male looked at him and smiled.

“You should stop calling me that.”

“Ah, abeonim.” Sehun smiled, the elder nodded back.

“I never really..got to talk to you ever since you and my daughter got together, and that kind of bothered me.”

Sehun nodded, preparing himself. What if her father realized how bad he was for her? He was in the mafia, for crying out loud. He did not exactly have the shiniest background in their crowd. What if he wanted someone better for only child?

“I’ve always wanted to thank you. You were there for my daughter when I couldn’t be, with the divorce, her strained relationship with her mother, you were always there, consistently, you kept her afloat through all that.”

Sehun was stunned, but he nodded back.

“I’m glad she used you against us during that time.” He said jokingly, Sehun smiled, he kept the mini standee of Somin in his desk drawer at home, he used to take it with him everytime he had to represent her during her parents’ divorce meetings.

“I want you to know that I’ve always rooted for you.”

“Thank you, abeonim. I really appreciate your words, I was worried you’d see me as someone your daughter might regret marrying.”

He smiled and shook his head.

“I know what you’re talking about, and to be honest, I’ve always accepted you, I did have a feeling that you were going to be permanent in her life. So, welcome to the family, Oh Sehun.” He said with a warm smile, Sehun bit his lip and nodded.

“Thank you, abeonim. That really means a lot to me.”

 

 

“This is..pho?” Dave asked as the car pulled to a full stop in front of the restaurant, they were at a famous sashimi place.

“Shut up.” Sammy hissed at him, he grinned.

“Would you like me to walk you in, vice president?”

“No, Sehun’s already~” She saw Sehun step out of the building and he made his way towards them, Dave greeted the male with a small bow as he opened the door.

“Did you have fun pestering Chanyeol hyung?” Sehun was smiling as he helped her down the car, Somin beamed at him.

“He said you were only nice to me.” She spoke, she hooked her arm with his as they walked towards the restaurant.

“Hmm, that might be true.” He said before kissing the side of her head.

“Can we get fruit smoothies after this? I don’t want it with my food, but I want it as dessert.” She spoke as they were led to their table, Sehun nodded.

“You loved those drinks when we were in Singapore.” She smiled as she sat down, Sehun nodded back, he took her hand across the table and laced her fingers with his.

“Chaeyoung unnie and I are shopping for clothes tomorrow. Some jeans don’t fit anymore.” She frowned at him.

“Naturally, you two are both growing everyday.”

“I know it’s not a bad thing, I just don’t think I’ll enjoy wearing those stretchable pants, they seem..uncomfortable?” She shrugged at him, Sehun chuckled.

“Somin-ah,” He spoke, Sammy looked at him.

“Thank you.”

“Huh?”

“For choosing me instead of another lawyer.”

“W-When? What?”

Sehun chuckled, he stood up from his seat and leaned down to press his lips against hers, Somin sighed softly before he pulled back.

“You chose me when you could have gone to others. I’m glad you did.”

“Well, I didn’t really know anybody, but okay, you’re welcome.” She said with a small smile.

“And, thank you for accepting me. All sides of me.”

“You did the same for me, I know I’m being a pain right now.” She replied, Sehun chuckled and kissed her again.

“I will always choose you, Oh Sehun.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

THE END! 

(09.03.18-02.08.19 )

Thank you for reading everyone! :> Cheers to Sammy and Sehun! 

-buestone