031

Lost and Found II

“Oppa, hi. Good morning.” Somin said as her older cousin picked up the phone, she was already on the way out of the house.

“Hey, you feeling better? You don’t really have to go to work today.”

“Oppa, I’m pregnant, not invalid. Anyway,” She said as she pushed the front doors open and went down the steps.

“I have something I need to discuss with you, and it’s..quite..urgent and delicate. Can you make time for me?”

“Sure. I’ll drop by your office before lunch.”

“Great, and~” Somin paused before she could reach her car, she put her phone down.

“Good morning, young miss!” Twenty or so men greeted her in unison and bowed, Sammy exhaled and glanced at Sehun’s right hand man.

“Hyungnim, what’s this? Do you guys have a meeting or some sort of gathering I wasn’t aware about?” She asked, her eyes went to Sehun’s silver BMW parked beside her Audi.

“It’s not that, young miss. From now on they will be assigned to you, it’s the same protocol. But, there will be six with you inside the building. Four of them would be patrolling the lobby and the remaining~”

Sammy turned back to the house and climbed the steps again, the men blinked at each other.

“Oh Sehun!” She yelled as she went up the steps, the mafia men chuckled to themselves. Sammy reached their room again, she was panting slightly as she tossed her bag on the bed.

“Oh Sehun!”

She turned when she heard the bathroom door slide open, Sehun stepped out, with a towel wrapped around his waist.

“I thought you were heading out first.” Sehun commented as he ran his fingers through his damp locks.

“Yeah, that was the plan. Until I realized that I had to travel with four cars and a flying squad.” She pointed out, Sehun grinned at her before picking up his wristwatch.

“Oh Sehun.” She sighed, Sehun turned to her, from the look on his face, Sammy realized right away that there was no point in bargaining with him.

“I know, I know. Overbearing.” He raised his palms at her, Sammy exhaled.

“But I don’t want to risk it, Sammy. He knows where you go, he knows who you talk to.” He explained as he walked towards her.

“Even the people around you know who he is. What if something happens? What if he hurts you? What will I do?” Sehun cupped her cheek, her forehead creased.

“It’s only at work. And when I’m not around. They already know how to move around you, so you don’t have to worry.” He said reassuringly.

“They wont…just randomly beat up Eunwoo when he appears, right?” She asked him.

“Why? Are you worried for that kid?” Sehun rolled his eyes, she grinned before kissing the side of his jaw.

“I’ll see you later.” She nodded, Sehun smiled, he touched her hair before letting her go.

“Wow, you dropped that easily.” Sehun blinked as she picked up her bag, Sammy snorted.

“I just wanted to see you all wet and shirtless.” She chuckled before hopping out of the room, Sehun shook his head in amusement before walking towards the closet.

 

 

“What did you want to talk about?” Chanyeol asked as he took his seat, Sammy yawned before speaking.

“I assume you’ve seen Sehun~”

“Oh, the Street Fighter episode? It was taken down quickly.” He chuckled Sammy shook her head.

“Oppa, please.” She sighed, Chanyeol straightened up.

“I’ve been thinking how to contact them, Somin. I haven’t done it yet, but don’t worry, I’ll~”

“Oppa, I know. Sehun is connected to Park Holdings because of me, and this doesn’t look good. Sehun attacking him like that is…” She trailed off, Chanyeol paused.

“Did..something else happen?”

“Oppa, we should stop this. This partnership wth Hyundai.”

“What?”

Sammy looked at her fingers before continuing.

“Eunwoo is an adopted son. Mister Cha took him in a few months after his biological mother died. The Chas raised him as if they were on, but,”

“What are you saying?” Chanyeol grew concerned, he was frowning.

“His real father is Kang Injoo. He used to work for Sehun’s family. The mafia.”

Chanyeol was stunned with her news, Somin her lips before continuing.

“Kang Injoo and Eunwoo are both behind all this, oppa. The attacks, the sudden threats, it’s all from them. Kang Injoo was using the partnership against Sehun.”

“I don’t understand, why is this man trying to hurt Sehun?”

“Because he was kicked out of the mafia. Sehun said..he got really greedy and, his uncle had no choice but to remove him. And that’s when things..went haywire for their family.”

“Sammy,”

“I know, this will damage us as well. But, oppa, if we let this on, things will get~”

“I’ll call the legal team in for a meeting. Now, I want you tell Sehun that we will be calling the partnership off, okay?”

Sammy nodded with a small sad smile.

“We were tricked, oppa. I led the enemy to him.” She sighed as she leaned on the table.

“Sammy, it’s no one’s fault. We all didn’t know about his background. I’m just thankful nothing bad happened to you.”

“I know. I hope we can end this quickly. I don’t like what’s happening, oppa.” She said softly, Chanyeol nodded and patted her hand.

“We’ll fix this. And, that Eunwoo wont be allowed in our building.”

 

 

Sehun exhaled, he flexed his neck as he the board meeting went on. He didn’t like what was happening, he had promised Somin that he wouldn’t do anything until she has spoken with Chanyeol and straightened things up between her family’s company and the Chas.

Sehun wanted her to cut off the business deal right away, but he knew she couldn’t just do that.

He closed his eyes again, letting his lawyer side take over. As much as he hated it, Eunwoo could still appear before Somin without being stopped.

“What do you think, sir?”

He paused, his eyes went towards the screen again.

“Hyundai,” He spoke, the room turned quiet, the other directors looked at him.

“Will be releasing a six seater SUV in two weeks,” Sehun said as he stood up, he gave his secretary a quick nod and a picture of the said vehicle appeared on the screen. The board grew confused. Just how did the young VP manage to get his hands on the leak?

“I reviewed it, it’s not that special. And I am aware that we aren’t ready to release our new line yet, however,” Sehun walked towards the platform, his eyebrows were knitted together. His father could sense his discomfort from his seat, the elder paused.

“We can overshadow their release.”

“Yes? What do you plan to do?” One of the directors spoke, a small smile appeared on the young VP’s face.

“Let’s release some details about our hybrids and,”

“Sir, I don’t mean to be rude. But, with the recent events lately, the video of you and the Hyundai son~”

“Exactly, I wont apologize for it. That’s why we attack now. He started it.”

His secretary looked at the group worriedly, but Sehun was determined.

“It’s a business move. We overshadow their release by talking about our hybrids and the new SUV we plan to release next year.”

“Sir, they might focus on your…. altercation with the Hyundai director.”

“Exactly. That’s the plan.”

 

 

“So, parents, hi.” Somin said as she walked in the room, her father looked up from the magazine he was browsing through.

“Samantha,” Her mother greeted her with a quick hug.

“What did you want to talk about, Somin? It sounded urgent.” Mr. Park asked her, Somin puffed her cheeks before sitting down.

“So, you see..there’s thing,” Somin started, she touched her hair briefly, her mother tilted her head.

“What? Did you and Sehun fight again? Wait, he did almost kill that other young man. Cha Eunwoo. How is he?” She asked.

“Eunwoo? I don’t know.”

“No, Sehun. How is he?”

Sammy blinked at her mother in confusion.

“Sehun’s fine, but I have something to tell the two of you, but you should promise that you none of you would freak out.”

“Freak out? Did you get a face tattoo?” Her mother started to panic, she was about to wipe Sammy’s cheek with the sleeve of her coat when Somin stood up and pointed to her stomach.

Her father blinked.

“You…You…gained weight?” Mr. Park spoke, confused.

“Samantha!” Her mother paused, stunned.

“There’s a bun in the oven, eomma, appa.”

The room turned quiet, Sammy was chewing on the insides of her cheeks as she looked at her parents. And she waited for them to react. And then her father started to smile.

“Sehun wanted to be here, so that we could tell you together, but I asked him not to. I wanted to be the one to~”

“Darling,” Her mother stood up to hug her tightly, Sammy smiled in relief.

“This is great news! Are you expecting a boy? A girl?” Mr. Park walked towards them, Sammy shook her head.

“I don’t know yet, appa. My next check up will be in three weeks, by then, we’ll know.”

Her mother smiled and cupped her cheeks lovingly.

“You’re..not mad, right?”

“Mad? No, we’re just happy that you’re healthy and so is the baby, darling. Plus, this means that we will really have Sehun as our son-in-law, right?”

Sammy laughed and shook her head.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++