041

Lost and Found II

 

“It smells amazing here.” Jena said as she walked in the house, Sehun grinned and welcomed her with a hug.

“Hi, guys!” Sammy walked towards them, Kai smiled and bumped fists with her.

“Chaeyoung unnie’s already here, come.” Sammy pulled Jena with her, the two males looked at each other.

“How are things?” Kai asked they walked towards the living room, the elders from their families were also present, enjoying some tea at the greenhouse.

“Quiet. Which is good.” Sehun said to him, Kai nodded back, he glanced at the windows again, the couple’s security had lessened ever since. And he liked that.

“Oh, guys!” Chanyeol walked towards them, he came bearing with gifts. A giant teddy bear and a big bag of sweets.

“Hyung, Sammy’s on a sour fruit gummy binge. That wont work.” Sehun said jokingly.

“Ya, her cravings change every hour. This will be good in two hours, I think.”

“It’s time to eat, boys. Come on.” Mrs. Oh appeared by the glass doors and ushered them to the dining hall. The three males followed her, and found Sammy, she was standing by the buffet table, nibbling on a piece of cheese.

“Aigoo, you’re literally glowing, daughter.” Her mother smiled before touching her stomach, Sammy chuckled at her.

“I was hoping to get the usual lecture from a parent, but everyone’s just praising me for bearing a son. I have no words.” She murmured loudly, everyone laughed. She picked up another slice of cheese and popped it in .

“Let’s eat.” Sehun announced, Sammy smiled before walking towards him, she laced her fingers with his as their guests took their seats.

 

 

Sammy stared at her now empty plate before looking around, she was seated with her cousin and her father. Chaeyoung was chatting wither Mrs. Oh and Somin’s mother across them.

“Appa, I’ll go look for Kai.” She excused herself before heading towards the patio, she found Kai enjoying a glass of champagne as he looked at the garden below.

“Kim Jongin,” She hummed as she joined him, he smiled and opened one arm to her.

“How are you feeling? I almost forgot to send my best wishes.” He said to her, Sammy nodded back at him.

“Waking up is like hell sometimes, I just wanna sleep all day. Some days I just don’t want to function, but nothing new there.”

“I’m happy for you, Sammy.” Kai replied, Somin scrunched her nose at him.

“Right, so, why don’t you and Jena catch up? Our kids have to be the same age, so that they’d be like us.”

“Like us? We’re a mess.” Kai laughed and let go of her, Sammy shook her head.

“My son needs a best friend, too. You cannot break the order.”

“Okay, fine. We’ll reconsider.” Kai rolled his eyes, Sammy laughed and high-fived him.

“Somin-ah?” They heard Sehun’s voice from the living room, Sammy winked at her friend before padding back inside the house.

“What did she tell you? Or did you give her a pep talk?” Jena said as she stood beside him, Kai smiled and took her hand in his, he leaned over to kiss the side of her head.

“Why does it feel like I’m giving away my own daughter?” He asked, Jena laughed and leaned against him.

“I’m glad I played matchmaker.” She announced, Kai snorted.

“I am the matchmaker.”

“No, you’re not. It was all me.” She argued back, Kai playfully rolled his eyes at her.

“Fine, you win. Pffft.”

Jena laughed and kissed his cheek before heading back to the house.

 

 

“Have you two decided when?” Mrs. Oh asked, Sammy’s mother leaned forward. Chanyeol grinned at his cousin.

“We talked about it, eomma.” Sehun replied, Somin nodded back.

“When? Before or after the baby?” Mr. Park chimed in, he earned a glare from his ex-wife for speaking before her.

Sehun turned to Somin, a little helpless and a little unsure.

“Actually, after the baby. Because Jongin as the ring bearer would be too much.” Sammy intervened.

“Hey!” Jongin protested from his seat, Chanyeol chuckled.

“So, next year?” Mr. Oh asked, Sehun nodded for the two of them.

“Why not now? I mean, people are already aware of the~”

“Eomma, please.” Sammy warned her, the elder pursed her lips and crossed her arms, Mr. Park grew amused.

“Sehun and I have decided on it, it’s going to be next year. So, you don’t have to worry about anything. We can handle it.”

“You’re saying that, but it’s quite obvious they’ll step in as soon as preparations start.” Sehun commented, Somin elbowed him.

“True, true. It happened to us.” Jena said boldly, Chaeyoung glanced at the Ohs again.

“Is this his way of telling us to back off?” Mr. Oh asked his wife, the lady balked and looked at his son incredulously.

“Eomma, I don’t~”

“Oh my, what have we given birth to? Are you going to stop us from seeing the baby too?” She gasped, Chaeyoung and Chanyeol stepped out of the room, Kai and Jena followed.

“Oh Sehun.” Somin laughed and shook her head, the mafia prince was in trouble.

“I didn’t mean that, I was just saying how~”

“Aigoo, you’re on your own, dear.” Sammy’s mom patted his knee before leaving the room, Mr. Park shook his head at him.

“I didn’t mean that!” Sehun was now whining, Somin laughed, she kissed his cheek before leaving the room with her father.

 

 

Somin watched as her father’s Mercedes Benz rolled away from the property. She smiled and wrapped her arms around herself, she felt a pair of arms snake around her waist.

“That was something.” Sehun commented as he leaned his chin on the crown of her head.

“I’m glad you survived your parents.” She said jokingly as she placed her hands on top of his.

“They really really really want you not to leave me, so don’t.”

She chuckled before wriggling free from his grasp, Sehun walked with her back in the house.

“I was hoping if we could stay home instead? I know you wanted to head out this afternoon but I’m so drained.”

“We can just stay home and Netflix.” Sehun told her as they went up to their room. Sammy gave him a thumbs up, she plopped down the bed and curled herself into a ball. Sehun chuckled before picking up the remote control and joining her, he gathered the girl in his arms and kissed the top of her head.

“What should we get for dinner?” She asked in a small voice.

“Dinner, which is three hours away, should be consisted of healthy food. We had so much meat earlier.”

“I want soybean stew and marinated crabs.” She spoke while burying her face to his chest, he nodded and wrapped themselves in the blanket. His fingers curled around her wrist, he always had to reassure himself that the bangle was gone now. It took a lot of effort just to take it off her, and fortunately it was detonated without anyone getting hurt. His grip on her wrist tightened fractionally, Sammy looked up, noticing his actions. But she smiled and kissed his jaw to releax him.

“We’ll get that then. Anything else, darling?” He hummed jokingly, Somin rolled her eyes.

“Carbonara sounds nice.”

“And?”

She smiled, it was funny how Sehun reads her so well.

“Cream puffs?” She voiced out.

“Perfect.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++