020

Lost and Found II

Kai was typing in a quick reply to Jena as he made his way outside of the company lobby when someone suddenly blocked his path.

“Sammy!” He was surprised to see her, but then he halted when he noticed the look on her face.

“What~” Sammy raised her fist to him, Kai blinked when he saw the dried blood.

“Ya, we should~”

“It’s not mine, but I think I broke something.” She spoke to him, Kai’s brows furrowed, he pulled the girl with him to his waiting car.

“What happened? Whose blood is that? Did you get into a fight?” Kai mumbled as he opened the door for her, and then the girl halted. She faced Kai and then she started to slowly shake her head.

It was then Kai realized one thing. Something was off, Sammy had arrived unannounced and she had gone to him instead of Sehun.

And she was injured.

Surely, Sehun would never let her to drive around with an injured hand.

“It hurts, Kai.” She choked, Kai panicked when the girl started to cry.

“Hey, it’s going to be fine. I’m taking you to the hospital, and we’ll have that checked.” He said soothingly before pulling the girl in for a hug. Somin started to sob while mumbling to him.

“He’s gone..Kai. He was killed…What they did to Bacon…He…” She started to choke, Kai exhaled and rubbed her back soothingly.

He looked across the street, Sehun was watching them, Somin’s assigned guards were also looking over, they all looked clueless.

“I’m taking her.” Kai mouthed to him, Sehun nodded back at him, the other male saw how his forehead creased while he looked down.

“He’s there, isn’t he?” Somin suddenly spoke, Kai halted.

“Sammy, Sehun’s just~”

“For once why can’t he just leave me alone?” Somin pulled back from her friend, Kai could see the rage in her eyes. This wasn’t the Samantha he was used to; she was so angry.

“Sammy~”

“Tell him to leave me alone.” She stated before getting inside the car.

 

 

Hwayoung was leaning against the counter, she had a small content smile on her face.

“I’m going to get you for this, rich brat,” She said under her breath, and then she straightened up as she heard the front doors open.

“Oppa, I might need to head to the hospital~” She halted when she saw Sehun standing before her.

“What is wrong with you?” Sehun asked her, she could see how tensed he was.

“I thought you already had clues about~”

“I don’t care about that right now!” Sehun snapped at her, Hwayoung stopped, she looked away.

“How could you do that to a dog, Hwayoung?” Sehun demanded.

“Oppa, he’s been dead for hours and your people aren’t moving~”

“Is this your home? I don’t even know why you’re still here.” Sehun stated, Hwayoung paused, her forehead creasing.

“Oppa, I was here to check how things were going. You went out to check on the location, didn’t you?”

“There’s a reason why I left my guards here, Hwayoung. I didn’t ask you to walk around my place as if its yours.”

“Oppa, I~”

“Just go home.” Sehun turned away from her and went up to his room, Hwayoung exhaled and crossed her arms.

“You’re crazy. She’s not worth all this.”

 

 

“Luckily, nothing is broken. You just…shocked your muscles.” Chanyeol murmured as he walked in, Kai was standing by the windows, on the phone with Jena.

“You’ll have to keep this on for a few days, the doctor said that you can come by if the pain still bothers you.” He said as he looked at his cousin’s wrist, the doctors had her wear a compression sleeve around her wrist up to a part of her forearm.

“Who..did you punch, Sammy? Were you practicing with the hyungnims?” Chanyeol coaxed her to talk, he sat down beside her.

“No.” She replied, Kai glanced at her, he exhaled.

“What happened?”

“I punched Hwayoung, oppa.” She said, her tone flat.

Chanyeol and Kai looked at each other, both equally stunned and confused.

“Sammy, what~”

Sammy slid down from the bed, she picked up her watch from the beside table and fixed her shoes.

“Somin-ah, let’s talk about this.” Kai spoke to her, Somin looked at him.

“I’m hungry. Can’t we get food first?” She asked the two males, Chanyeol nodded quickly.

“You rushed to fly here. Why?” The older male asked as they stepped out of the room together.

“Bacon was killed, oppa.”

Chanyeol and Kai halted, Somin let out a breath, she chewed on the insides of her cheeks before replying.

“And I got annoyed today, so I punched the daylights out of the . There. Happy?”

 

 

Sehun loosened his tie as soon as he got inside his room, he paused when he noticed Sammy’s discarded jacket. He leaned over to pick it up and set it on the couch.

He didn’t know that she was flying over quickly, and he knew that it was his mistake that she had to. It was just that he didn’t want her to hurt over Bacon. He had planned to break it to her slowly, but one of his men accidentally reported it to her.

Sehun exhaled, he walked towards his bed and found Somin’s phone, lying on the carpeted floor. It was badly damaged.

He bit on his lower lip before sitting down, he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. There were too many things going on. They finally had an idea on who might be trying to challenge their family, and Sehun wanted to know if these guys were really members of South.

And it irked him that this man, Kang Injoo, knew how their clan operates.

He picked up his phone and Somin’s smiling face greeted him, his eyebrows knitted together.

And then there was her. His world.

Sehun felt helpless knowing that there was no way he could try calling her, surely all his calls to her office and her home would all be rejected. He at least wanted to text her, to explain himself and to apologize.

“Sir,”

He looked up, Dave was standing by the doors. Sehun waved him over, he stood up from the bed and gestured for Sammy’s secretary to take a seat on one of the leather seats.

“I dropped by just in case..you wanted to know,”

“How is she?”

“It was just a sprain; she needs to wear a sleeve. Mister Kim and president Park are with her right now.” Dave explained, Sehun nodded and looked at his palms.

“Sir, actually, she wouldn’t be this angry…but..” Dave struggled with his words, Sehun nodded for him to continue.

“She seems to be very sensitive lately. And, she was in your room when miss Jung suddenly strode in, that must have..”

“Dave, is she okay?” Sehun asked him, Dave paused.

“What do you mean? It’s a sprain and~”

“No, what I mean is that..has something been stressing her out lately? Asides from me.” Sehun said to him, the male shook his head.

“Nothing really, sir. Why?”

Sehun paused, he puffed his cheeks before speaking again.

“It’s nothing. I’ll try reaching out to her tomorrow.”

“Yes, that’s sounds like a good idea. She’s very…volatile right now.”

 

 

Sammy glared at the sun as she sat up, she kicked the covers around her and slid down from the bed.

She looked around for her phone and halted when she remembered that she had threw it against the wall because of her anger.

“Why was I so hotheaded yesterday?” She murmured to herself as she padded down towards the kitchen, she glanced at the windows and found the hyungnims walking around her property. They paused when they saw her, Sammy gave them a small smile before handing towards the kitchen for her coffee.

She puffed her cheeks as she noticed she was out of coffee filters, she rolled her eyes and walked towards the living room, she lay flat on the sofa and sighed.

She couldn’t move around properly with her compressed arm, and the house felt so empty without Bacon running around.

“Sammy?”

She paused, she could hear Sehun enter the living room, he dropped his keys on the coffee table and then he saw her.

“I’m sorry.” He said as he walked towards her, Sammy’s forehead creased.

Sehun chewed on his lower lip before speaking again.

“I wanted to tell you right away, but…I didn’t want you to rush here and..see what had happened. I..wanted to protect you from that. But…I guess I was wrong. You need to be here.” Sehun said quietly, Somin didn’t move.

“About Bacon…there’s nothing we can do about that. He’s..already gone.” She replied, Sehun’s frowned, he his lips before meeting her gaze.

“I’m really sorry, Sammy.” Sehun said, Somin exhaled and looked at him.

“You’re probably here for a reason,” She said as she sat up, she leaned her back against the sofa’s armrest.

Sehun didn’t reply, instead, he just climbed over the sofa and lay on top of her, Sammy smiled to herself. Sehun let out a small contented sigh as buried his face in her sweater, he inserted his other palm inside her shirt and pressed it against her bare skin.

“I know that Hwayoung went in my room while you were resting inside. I didn’t know she was doing that.”

“Sehun-ah, I…don’t like her being around that much.” She said as she looked at the top of his head, Sehun paused but he nodded.

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

“You don’t…understand,” She said, Sehun looked up, his forehead creasing. He lifted himself off of her to meet her gaze.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, Somin exhaled, she reached out to push his hair away from his forehead.

“I hate her. And I don’t like seeing her.” She said, Sehun paused briefly and then he nodded back.

“She wont be coming around then, I’m sorry.” He said before leaning over to kiss her cheek.

“You work with her, Sehun-ah.”

“I know, but it was never really necessary that I see her everyday, I don’t even know why she was at my place that day.” He replied, Somin’s forehead creased.

She wanted him to stop. She wanted him to just drop everything and go back to how his life was before going back to the mafia.

“I’m glad you’re home, Sammy.” Sehun said with a small smile.

“I had to fly home because I couldn’t reach you, Oh Sehun.” She said to him.

“Sammy, I~”

“They planted gas bombs all over the place, they killed our dog and now…you wouldn’t even answer any of my calls. How do you think I felt?” She said, her tone soft. Sehun knew that tone of voice, she was no longer angry with him, she was disappointed. And that made him feel worse.

“Is this why…you said you wanted me to think about studying in Singapore?” She asked him, Sehun sat down across her.

“A part of me wants you to study there, away from all this. But,…I don’t think I can bear with it, Sammy. I don’t like having you away from me. And it might sound creepy or overbearing, but that’s the truth. I want you here.”

Somin nodded back.

“But now, you saw what just happened, I understand if you’d rather go back to Singapore. It’s safer there.” Sehun offered as he looked at his palms.

“Being with me is dangerous, huh?” Sehun tilted his head at her, she could see how everything has taken a toll on him.

“I’m staying.” She said before going into his arms, Sehun chuckled and patted her back comfortingly. He closed his eyes as he buried his nose in her hair.

“It’s just you, Park Somin, you know that right?” He murmured to her, Somin nodded back.

 

I can’t let them touch you, they will have to get through me first. That is, if they can.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++