040

Lost and Found II

 

“Sehun, I~”

“Don’t.” Sehun said as he started the car, Sammy glanced back at the doors again. Sehun’s men were running towards the elevators.

“We have to get out of here before the police sees us. Put your seatbelt on. Please.” Sehun spoke, Sammy turned to him. She could sense how much he was trying to keep it together. Sammy put her seatbelt on and Sehun sped out of the basement parking lot. The black Audi immediately blended in the traffic outside. Sammy had her eyes glued on the window as the view of the mall’s front appeared before her. There were dozens of officials standing outside, even the SWAT was present.

“Jena and~”

“Jena’s safe, Kai had a helicopter waiting outside. They flew straight to Jena’s place at Incheon. Chaeyoung noona and hyung are already being driven home. She’s okay, except for some bruising on her neck.” Sehun recited, Somin let out a big sigh of relief before finally leaning back on her seat. Sehun glanced at her briefly and the expression on his face softened.

“You’re a little crazy, Sammy.” He spoke, she blinked at him.

“Well, it had to end, Oh Sehun. He had a gun pointed at you and I have no plans on raising this child alone.” She pointed out.

“But you’re my kind of crazy.” He finished, Sammy chuckled and rolled her eyes at him.

“It still amazes me how you’re joking about what happened earlier.” Sehun murmured, Sammy leaned over and kissed his cheek.

“You got him already, lawyer Oh. That’s all that matters.” She said, trying to soothe him.

“No.” He said, his forehead creased as he switched lanes.

“No? Sehun, you tossed Eunwoo against a glass wall.”

“You’re the one that really matters. I can always come back for them.” He reasoned, and then they both shuddered at his words. Sammy started to laugh, Sehun reached out to take her hand in his free one.

“I mean it. For a moment back there I really almost lost it, Samantha.”

 

 

Sehun had his arms crossed as he looked at the news, Sammy was on the phone with Chaeyoung, checking on her. Chanyeol had been assuring her that the girl was fine, but she insisted on speaking with her.

“Somin-ah,” Sehun spoke, his hand reaching at the empty space beside him, he looked around and found her in the process of putting her phone away. She had changed into a pair of loose denim jeans and one of Sehun’s sweaters.

“Oh, they finally got inside the mall now?” She spoke as she sat beside him, Sehun nodded and pulled the girl closer to his chest. Sehun nodded, they watched as an injured Eunwoo was wheeled towards the waiting ambulance. Sammy yawned and then she reached for her pant pocket and took out a packet of flavored pistachios. She struggled tearing the wrapper, Sehun’s fingers gently pried her hands off and opened it for her.

“I don’t see the father.” She murmured as she started to eat, Sehun took a piece before speaking.

“He couldn’t have escaped.” He said, and then another person was being rolled out of the building.

“I know those chopsticks.” Sammy murmured, her lips quirking up, Sehun shook his head, he placed his hand on her stomach.

“Pregnant Somin is really something.” He said softly, Somin turned to look at him.

“Sehun…he had a gun pointed at you. I…I didn’t know what else to do. Your men couldn’t move, I was panicking.”

“But, he could have shot you.” Sehun said, he grabbed the remote and put the TV on mute.

“I am the least person he was expecting to make a move.” She reasoned with him, Sehun knew there was no point of arguing with her.

“Can you tell me why you had chopsticks in your purse instead, darling?” He asked her, Sammy started to smile.

“They’re disposable. And, I get a hungry a lot lately, so I have a pair or two just in case.”

Sehun couldn’t help but smile, he leaned forward and pressed his lips against hers.

“I love you, you know that, right?” He murmured against her lips.

“I had a feeling about that. Thanks.” She joked back before wrapping her arms around his neck, Sehun chuckled before lifting her on to his lap.

 

 

Hwayoung looked at the elder, then at Sehun.

“Somin?” Sehun’s uncle spoke, Sehun leaned forward before speaking.

“She was still asleep when I left his morning, but she’s fine, uncle. She’s pretty….non-chalant about it.” Sehun murmured, Hwayoung grew amused and leaned back on her seat. Tales about what the young miss did at the mall had been reported within the clan. It shocked a lot of members, and Hwayoung had to admit. She was impressed.

“Of course, she’s our Park Somin after all.” The elder said proudly, Sehun looked at his uncle dubiously and then he sighed.

“What are you sighing about? We got him. That person’s behind bars now. His son fled to another country after barely escaping a life sentence.”

“It’s not them, uncle.”

“Then, what, oppa? Are you sad that you didn’t get to stab him with a spoon too?” Hwayoung said lightly, trying to lift up the mood. The uncle chuckled and gave her a thumbs up, Sehun sent him a look.

“What is it, lawyer?” His uncle grinned at him, Hwayoung crossed her arms and looked at the two.

“Do you think she still wants to be part of all this, samchon?” He gestured around them, Hwayoung tilted her head, she discreetly slid down from her chair and excused herself. She didn’t want to pry into Sehun and Sammy’s business and she knew it was better for her not to hear or know about it.

“What do you mean?”

“Would she still want to stay with me with everything that happened? Samchon, she almost... got seriously hurt because she’s my girlfriend.”

“Are we really going to discuss this again?” The uncle sighed, Sehun chewed on his lower lip. This was another side of Sehun that people don’t usually see, he was never the type to get anxious or worried over things.

“She’s stayed with you, Oh Sehun. Heck, she even chose you when people thought you really drive around those beaten up Kias you like so much. No offense, but you drove a 1995 model.”

“Samchon~”

“Just tell her that you’d really love it she becomes Mrs. Oh. And be polite.”

“I’m always poli~”

“Stop wasting your time here, go and propose to her. Or else, I’ll have our men drag you~”

Sehun groaned and left the room, the elder chuckled to himself.

 

 

Sehun found Somin in the kitchen, she was sitting on the countertop, typing away on her laptop. He tilted his head at her strange location but nevertheless, he walked towards her.

“Hi. I just had lunch.” She told him without looking up from the screen.

“I ate at uncle’s house. How are you feeling?” He asked as he pulled one of the stools and sat down across her. Sammy finally looked up from her device.

“Full. Very full. I had bossam.” She said with a smile, Sehun chuckled.

“You used to hate bossam.”

“I realized that. But the smell was so enticing.” She sighed and patted her belly, Sehun nodded, he reached for his pant pocket, his fingers curled around the small box.

“So, I’m thinking, maybe it’s time we tell our family about the baby’s gender? How about brunch tomorrow?”

“You wanna throw a party right after what happened yesterday?” He said jokingly, Sammy blinked at him.

“Do…we wait a few more days?” She scratched the back of her head, Sehun chuckled and then he placed something on the table. Sammy looked at the box and paused.

“I’m giving you a choice on this one, because asking you would be too greedy. I don’t want to push you to say things you don’t want to.” He started, Sammy’s forehead creased.

“I don’t want you to think that you have to say yes, but, Somin-ah, I understand if you don’t want to be stuck with all this.” Sehun gestured around them.

“I’ve put you through so much, I almost..you almost..got in really big trouble because of me.”

“Sehun-ah, I~”

“Being with me has been very stressing for you. But, you don’t have to worry. I’ll be there for our son even if you don’t choose me. Just please, don’t shut me out.” He finished, Sehun exhaled and looked at his palms.

“Oh, so you’re going to let me talk now?” Sammy spoke, his eyes went to her, gauging her reaction. But she wasn’t showing any.

“Yes.”

“Then, why aren’t you asking me?”

“W—What?”

“I’m not sure if you’re proposing or if you want me to break up with you.” She stated flatly, Sehun blinked back at him and then she started to smile, she took the box and opened it. A diamond ring greeted her underneath the harsh lights of their kitchen.

“You have to ask me for things to work, lawyer ahjussi.” She said as she inched towards him.

“Will you marry me?” He asked her, Sammy broke into a smile before opening her arms to him.

“It’s not like I would break up with you, right?” She chuckled before Sehun lifted her off the table and let her stand before him.

“So, it’s a maybe?” Sehun joked back before wrapping his arms around her waist, Somin smiled and scrunched her nose at him.

“It’s kind of a yes, Oh Sehun.” She stated, Sehun chuckled before pressing his lips against hers.

“There’s no one like you, Sammy.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++