021

Lost and Found II

Chanyeol looked at his cousin and leaned back on his seat.

“Are you sure about this?” He asked her, Sammy nodded in reply.

“I already have chosen three candidates, oppa. I just need your approval and I will be sending it to the board for voting.”

The two were in his office, Somin had called him up saying that she had some things she wanted to discuss. It was regarding her position in Singapore and, now she wanted to be permanently assigned in Seoul.

“I have no problems with that, baby girl.” Chanyeol chuckled at her.

“Then, I’ll take the Hyundai project, you already have a lot on your plate.” She said to him, he nodded in agreement.

“Kai’s wedding is just a few weeks away, have you met up with him?”

“That I have to do this afternoon. He’s getting jittery.” Somin said as she stood up.

“Dinner at my place later?” Chanyeol asked her.

“Sure.”

“Somin-ah,”

She paused and turned to her older cousin.

“Are..you okay?” He asked meaningfully, there was a short pause but she nodded at him.

“Everything’s okay, oppa. Thanks for asking.”

 

 

Sehun leaned forward on his desk as he studied the data on the screen of his laptop. He heard a soft knock on his desk and he looked up, his secretary had just walked in the room.

“What is it?” He spoke.

“Miss Jung is waiting outside; she wants to speak with you.”

Sehun exhaled, his forehead creasing. He loosened his tie before giving him a curt nod, signaling for him to let her in.

Hwayoung appeared by the doors and she gave him a small unsure smile.

“What brings you here?” He asked her as the girl sat down across him.

“I..wanted apologize, oppa. I admit what I did was..I went overstepped my boundaries, it’s probably because I’m not used to you having a girlfriend.” She said with a small smile, Sehun leaned back on his seat.

“It would probably better if you refrain going to my place unannounced. It’s improper, Hwayoung-ah.”

Hwayoung nodded and looked at her palms, Sehun gave her a small smile.

“Uncle says we have to meet up tonight, what is this about Kang Injoo? He used to work for us.” Hwayoung spoke to him, Sehun nodded back.

“I’ve been trying to trace him since last week, but all I get is nothing. It’s suspicious. Would you mind~”

“I’ll call up appa’s men. It is weird that you can’t find him.” She added, Sehun glanced at his watch.

“You seem busy, oppa.”

“I have an appointment in a few minutes, I’ll see you later.” Sehun said as he stood up, Hwayoung followed suit.

“Is…Somin unnie okay? I feel really bad for doing that.” She said quietly as they left his office together.

“She’s fine. I’ll get going.” Sehun said before heading straight for the elevators, his secretary tailed after him, Hwayoung exhaled and crossed her arms.

“Bad? She’s the pain to us.” She muttered to herself before beckoning her guards to follow her.

 

 

Sammy’s forehead creased as she reviewed the files for the project with Hyundai, Dave glanced at her pensively.

“The Singapore office called earlier, they wanted to know if you’ve already chosen he next in-charge.”

Sammy looked up and scrunched her nose, she set the papers down and looked at him.

“I’ll send them an email myself.”

“What about lunch, vice president? Should I make a reservation?”

“No. Let’s eat at the cafeteria, come on.” She said as she stood up, Dave blinked but nodded.

“Your purse~”

“Leave it, we wont take long.” She chuckled as they left her office, she paused when she saw her two guards outside.

“Are you heading out, young miss?”

“Not today, hyungnim. I feel like having cafeteria food. You know, the one they serve in trays.”

“Trays?” The guard was confused, he glanced at Dave briefly. They all knew that Sammy was picky with her food and she wasn’t the type to enjoy eating in a busy place. And the company cafeteria was at its busiest during lunch time.

“Sehun went to work today?”

“He did, young miss.”

“Good. He’s been ha~” The elevator doors opened and she paused, it was her father.

“Are you heading out to eat?” He asked her.

“It’s lunch time, abeoji. Is there anything else should I be heading out for?” She asked, her tone snappy. Her guards and Dave were stunned, even her father flinched.

“Wow, it must have been a long morning.” The elder murmured back.

“Quite so, do you want to eat together?” Somin asked him, the elder shook his head and patted her cheek.

“I’ll see you later, Sammy. Kai mentioned that~”

“Yeah, best man. Don’t want to discuss that also.” She rolled her eyes before entering the machine.

 

 

“This is something I don’t see everyday.” Sehun commented as he joined their table, Dave looked up and gave him a polite smile. Somin glanced at him and grinned back.

“I had a lot of work to finish up, and I didn’t feel like going out.” She told him as she fed him a small bit of kimchi.

“It’s salty.” She complained to him, Sehun nodded back as he chewed.

“Can you take the afternoon off?” Sammy asked him, Sehun smiled before taking a spoonful of her rice and some seasoned beef. Sammy scrunched her nose at him and pushed the tray towards him.

“That’s it? You barely touched~”

“I don’t feel like it. Why? Are we heading out somewhere?”

“There’s this new place I want to take you to, are you busy this afternoon?”

“I can make it that way, although, I think you should know,” She started as she finished off her grape juice.

“I just took over for Seoul, so, I don’t need to fly back to Singapore.” She finished, a huge grin appeared on Oh Sehun’s face. Dave chuckled to himself.

“And, I’m going to be busier than usual, I took the Hyundai project back.” She said as she looked at the fruit platter she ordered earlier and pushed it towards Sehun.

“Ah, the Chas?” Sehun spoke before taking another spoonful.

“Yeah, them. I’ll check if they have other dessert, that one looks…sloppy,” She murmured as she stood up, she kissed the side of Sehun’s head before walking away from them.

“Why would she take that project back? Chanyeol hyung already said he’d do it.” Sehun looked at Dave pointedly, the guards looked at each other and grinned.

“Well, it could be that president Park has a lot on his plate now and~”

“Hyung’s never too busy for another project.” Sehun childishly pointed out, throwing away his lawyer image.

 

“I feel so attacked.” Dave grumbled to himself, and then Sammy returned with egg tarts. Sehun automatically smiled and helped her sit down.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++