023

Lost and Found II

“No, oppa. I wont be able to…” Somin trailed off as she continued typing on her laptop, Chanyeol glanced at her.

“What?”

“You said you needed to visit Busan, right? I can’t join you.”

Chanyeol frowned at her and sat down instead.

“Chaeyoung said she doesn’t like how Cha Eunwoo looks at you.”

Somin grew amused and looked at her cousin.

“Unnie doesn’t like a lot of people, you two are polar opposites.” She chuckled, Chanyeol shrugged.

“You know, she’s usually right, Sammy.”

“What are you saying? I should not talk to him then?” She asked him, she heard Dave knock twice before going in.

“Are you even aware that his father has assigned him to work with us?” She added as Dave walked in with a brown paper bag.

“Well,..you know.” Chanyeol shrugged at her, Sammy stood up.

“What’s that?”

“Vice chairman Oh sent this, he apologizes he couldn’t come up. He has a meeting.”

“I know.” She smiled as she sat the food on the table, Chanyeol grew amused as soon as he saw the sushi.

“And, that kid isn’t really my type, so, you don’t have to worry about me.” She shrugged at me before popping one sushi in .

Dave grinned to himself and proceeded to pour the two some drinks.

“What if you’re his type?” Chanyeol asked as he handed her a pair of chopsticks.

“That’s not my problem, oppa. Just let me eat.” She grunted at him before going back to the food, and then she paused.

"Dave?"

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Can you order something else? I want tangsooyuk."

 

 

“You..invited Hwayoung?” Sehun looked at his mom, the elder nodded back.

“Why? Is something wrong with that?” She asked as she gestured for Sehun to follow her to the foyer, they were all going together to the party. His father was already waiting outside.

“N—No, it’s just..”

Mrs. Oh glanced at her son, her forehead creasing.

“It’s just what, son?”

Sehun exhaled as he walked with her, he chewed on his lower lip before speaking.

“Sammy doesn’t particularly like her presence.” He said carefully, Mrs. Oh blinked and glanced at him.

“Oh, you mean she hates her?” She said bluntly, Sehun blinked back at her.

“Sehun-ah, Hwayoung..well, she’s always been a little difficult ever since she was a child. So, I know how others react to her. Well, you were always so patient with her.”

“I just..don’t want any trouble, eomma. Somin..Somin’s been very vocal about how she feels about her.”

“Of course, why would Sammy lie to you, right?” She smiled as they walked towards the car.

“Eomma, I~”

“Just take care of her, okay? You have to remember who’s more important, alright?” She patted his hand before getting inside the Rolls Royce limousine.

Sehun exhaled, he glanced to his left and saw his guards already leaving for the venue.

“It’s not safe for her to be here.” He said to himself before getting in the limo as well.

 

 

“Wow, she left you for a shopping trip.” Sammy mused as Kai walked towards her, the male made a face at her.

Jena was supposed to join them, but she and her mother flew to Paris earlier in the afternoon for a shopping trip for the wedding.

“Cheer up, Kai. You have me.” She said jokingly as she looped her arm with his, Kai smiled and looked at her.

“You look radiant, Sammy. This color suits you really well.” She was wearing a deep burgundy dress that showed a lot of her back and accentuated her milky skin.

“Although, Sehun wont like the back part.” He added amusingly, she shook her head at him.

“Should we say hi to~” Somin paused, her eyes were elsewhere.

“Say hi to wh~” Kai followed her gaze and he noticed how her eyebrows were knitted together.

It was Hwayoung, she was chatting with the Oh elders just a few meters away from them.

“This is a Kia event, right?” She spoke, she dropped her arm from Kai’s.

“Sammy, don’t~”

“I thought I made it clear that I didn’t want to see her. Ever.” She stated flatly as she shook her head.

“Somin, don’t be like this. She’s a family friend~”

“I’m leaving.” She muttered as she turned away from him, her guards grew confused as they started to walk after her.

“Well, that escalated quickly.” Kai murmured, he caught Sehun’s eye in the crowd and he jutted his lips towards Sammy. Sehun paused before starting to move.

 

 

Somin could feel heat rise up at the back of her neck and it confused her, she shook off her the pins on her hair and yank them down.

“Young miss, where are you going? The party~”

“Home. We’re going home.” She barked as she moved forward, not minding how much her feet were starting to ache because of her heels.

“Is something~”

“Sammy!” Sehun was jogging after them, the guards halted and discreetly moved away from the two.

“What?” Sammy exhaled and she turned to him, Sehun paused, something was wrong.

“Where are you going? You just got here and~”

“Yeah, and now I’m leaving.” She cut him off, Sehun his lips, not knowing how to continue.

“Why? Is something~”

“Why? Oh Sehun, do you think I’m stupid? I’ve been telling you how I don’t like that girl and yet she’s here.” She replied to him, Sehun exhaled.

“Sammy, I know. I do. But, I can’t just tell her leave to because~”

“She’s a friend of the family, right, I know that.” She said dryly.

“Sammy, just please, come back. She’s not going to stay long, she has to~”

“I don’t care about her schedule, Sehun. I just want to go home.” She snapped at him.

“Somin, you’re acting like a brat.” Sehun stated, Somin’s lips quirked up.

“Well, since you already mentioned it, I’ll come back to that party if you make her leave.” She crossed her arms, Sehun’s brows went up.

“I’ll come back there, so, make her go away.”

“Sammy, don’t be like this. I need you back there.” Sehun told her, Somin shook her head.

“For once, how about you choose me over her, Oh Sehun? I’ve been choosing Seoul over Singapore for you.”

“This conversation isn’t going anywhere, Somin.” Sehun replied to her, she nodded.

“Fine. We aren’t going anywhere either, right? I might as well leave while we’re at it.”

Sehun tried to reach for her arm but she pulled back.

“Somin, don’t do this. It isn’t worth it.”

“Of course, it’s isn’t. You have so many other important things to deal with so,”

“We might as well just end this, right? You’ve got so much on your plate; I don’t want to add to that.” She finished, Sehun halted, stunned.

“S—Sammy, what are~”

 

“This isn’t going to get us anywhere.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++