025

Lost and Found II

Sehun looked up as he heard a car pull over, his eyes were on the Audi as the driver stepped down from the vehicle.

“Young miss,” His men greeted her, Somin paused but she nodded back at them. She started to move towards the backdoor and halted.

“Seriously, even here?” She spoke as she saw the bloody men on the floor, Sehun exhaled as he stood up.

“Sammy, we~”

“What happened, hyungnim?” Somin turned towards one of the males, the latter panicked slightly but he spoke.

“We caught those two trying to break in. They were armed.”

Sammy glanced at the two males again, her forehead creased at the amount of blood on the garage’s floor.

“Sammy, let’s talk.” Sehun reached for her hand, but she pulled away.

“Clean that up.” She said without looking at him, Sehun groaned and yanked her back to him.

“Somin, please!”

“Please, what? We don’t have anything to talk about. You can’t even choose, Sehun.”

The guards looked away, not knowing what to do.

“When did I ever not to choose you? When?”

Somin’s forehead creased, she shook her head at him.

“You’re still working with her, aren’t you?” She replied, Sehun paused, he exhaled.

“Sammy, I need to~”

“Of course, you need her more. I’m just dead weight to you. I’m not a mafia child.”

“Sammy, please, don’t~”

“I can’t do this, Sehun. I really can’t.” She said before turning away from him and going inside the house.

 

 

Dave stepped out of the elevator and walked towards his desk, he set his folders down and paused when he noticed his almost full trash bin.

He could see the two flavored lattes his boss asked him to throw earler, as well as the box of egg tarts she rejected after ordering them last week. He sat down and opened his drawer, in search of his phone’s charger and came across a few chocolate bars that Somin asked him to keep away from her.

“She’s been so strange lately.” He murmured, then he halted. His mind went back to the incident months ago, Somin and cupcake incident. He was the one who rushed her to the hospital and left her under their care.

“Right, I got a report from the doctor.” He hurriedly went to the filing cabinet and searched for that particular envelope.

He found it and went back to his seat, he read the attending physician’s name before opening it. It did cross his mind that it was odd for the doctor hand him a sealed envelope back then, but things were so hectic that he forgot about it. He took out the documents and started to read the doctor’s findings.

The cupcakes were indeed laced with mercury, and they tested the food that was pumped out of Sammy’s stomach. It came out negative, no traces of mercury.

And then Dave went still, his eyes doubled in size as he read the line again.

“She….didn’t eat any of it?” Dave sputtered, he glanced at this trash bin again before continuing to read the document.

Patient is in the early stages of pregnancy, estimated to be on her third week.

 

 

“Hyung,”

Chanyeol looked up from his desk as Kai strolled into the room, his secretary sent him an apologetic look before closing the doors.

“Hmm, this must mean that Sammy’s not in her office.” He mused as the younger male sat down across him.

“Hyung, something happened.”

“What? Right, I didn’t see her at the party, what happened? Did you two get in trouble again?” He chuckled, Kai shook his head.

“Somin…Somin left, hyung. She got so angry with Sehun, I don’t know how it happened, it was like..she just..”

“What? They fought?”

“She saw Hwayoung at the party, and she just lost it.”

“What?” Chanyeol was confused, he looked away from his computer.

“Hyung, I’ve never seen her act this way. She was…livid, and she broke up with him. Right then and there. I don’t know what to do, I can’t reach her. She’s been avoiding me.”

Chanyeol was stunned, it didn’t sound like his cousin. Somin would never do that.

“So, you’re saying that she broke up with Sehun because Hwayoung was at the party?”

“Yes. It could be that…but…you know how she never had any problems with..the mafia side of his family, but..when Hwayoung got in the picture.”

“Somin is never the jealous type, Jongin. You know that.”

“I know, but…she’s just so..strange lately that it bothers me.”

 

 

Somin pulled her hair up in a ponytail, she put on a pair of sneakers before jogging downstairs, she glanced at the windows and saw Sehun’s car still outside.

She exhaled and shook her head to herself, she felt fidgety and the idea of staying home didn’t sit well with her, especially after seeing what Sehun had done to the men outside.

She picked up up her jacket before heading for the door.

“Are you heading out, young miss?” One of the guards approached her, she glanced at him and nodded.

“I—I’d like to be alone, hyungnim.” She said to him, she saw Sehun step out of the garage, her forehead creased.

“A—Ah, young miss, it can~”

“Are you going out?” Sehun spoke as he reached her, she noticed the bloodstains on his slacks, Somin chewed on her lower lip.

Her head felt like it was going to explode, she closed her eyes briefly.

“Sammy, let’s~”

“Are you going to stop me from going out now?” She said to him, Sehun glanced at his men, signaling for them to open the gates.

“No. Go. We’ll clean up the place.” Sehun tried to reach for her hand but he stopped, Sammy exhaled and nodded.

“I don’t want to see you when I get home, Sehun. Please.”

Somin turned for her car, she got inside the vehicle and the engine started. Sehun let out a shaky breath as he watched the car slowly drive away from the lot.

And then they heard it, a loud explosion coming from the poolside, Sammy hit the brakes loudly and she slid down from the car.

The guards started to rush back towards the back of the house, Sehun ran towards the girl.

“Come on, get in the car.” He pulled her towards the passenger seat of the Audi and opened the door for her.

“Sehun-ah,” She was staring back at her home and then another loud explosion was heard, she screamed when her garage started to burst in flames.

“Sammy, come on.” Sehun urged her, she looked at him, confused.

“Get in the car, Park Somin!”

Somin swallowed, she slid inside the vehicle. Sehun got inside the driver’s seat and he sped away from the property.

“Sehun, I…I was just inside..I..” She trailed off, Sehun glanced at her, his jaw clenched and unclenched.

“I know a place. I’ll drop you off.”

“You can’t leave me there.” She panicked, her eyes widened, Sehun looked at her and he nodded.

 

“I won’t, even if you ask me to.” Sehun replied as he cupped her cheek briefly before facing the road again.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++