022

Lost and Found II

“We’re a month away from the wedding, how are you holding up?” Somin asked as she sat down beside her friend, Kai looked up and grinned at her.

“I’ve never been happier, Sammy. How are you?”

They were at Chanyeol’s place for dinner, Chaeyoung and Jena were inside, manning the kitchen while the owner of the house could only watch.

“I’m..fine, Kai.”

Kai tilted his head at her, it was something he did when he knew she was lying to him.

“I want him to stop.”

“What?”

Somin exhaled before speaking again.

“Sehun..being back with his mother’s side of the business. I hate it.”

Kai stopped, his eyebrows went up. Somin puffed her cheeks and looked ahead.

“I thought..You were always game about it, Sammy. I mean, you knew it was dangerous but~”

“I know, but Kai, things are different now. There’s bombs, torture, Bacons was killed and his house was…” She trailed off and crossed her arms.

“You said…before that you were afraid, Sammy. Is this it?”

“No. I mean, yes, it still bothers me that this thing we have is getting too serious, and I acknowledge that. It no longer scares me, but this..I hate feeling like this, Kai.”

“This is part of Sehun’s life, Sammy. It’s part of who he is.”

“I know, and that’s why I hate myself for feeling like this. I just..I just wish that he’d finish everything sooner.” She murmured, and then they both heard the gates open, a familiar Audi sedan rolled in the property. Sehun slid down from the car and made his way towards the house, Somin sighed.

“Sammy,” Kai frowned and took her hand in his.

“He matters, Kai. So much. And I don’t know what I’d do if he gets hurt.”

 

 

“This looks good.” Sammy said as she picked out a set of crystal ware, Chaeyoung glanced over at her.

“Admit it, you have no idea what to give them, huh?” The older girl chuckled, Somin exhaled and nodded.

“I mean, sure, I’ve known Kai my whole life, I’m close with Jena. But, what do you gift them as a couple?”

“Couple watches?” Chaeyoung offered, Sammy shook her head.

“They already have those, and,” Sammy spotted a familiar face across them, Chaeyoung followed her gaze.

“Eunwoo-yah?” She spoke, the male looked up and smiled at her. Chaeyoung paused and glanced at the girl.

“Oh, unnie, he’s Hyundai’s son. I’m sure oppa told you~”

“Yeah, Kia’s bestfriend.” She joked, Sammy sent her a look before Eunwoo reached them.

“Noona, I did hear you were back in Seoul.” Eunwoo said as he greeted her with a handshake.

“Yes, I am. And I’m assuming that…you’re here because your father dragged you back again?” She said jokingly.

“That’s actually the case, noona. It’s good to see you.”

“Ah, right, this is Han Chaeyoung, my brother’s girlfriend. Unnie, Cha Eunwoo of Hyundai, he’s a hoobae of mine.” Sammy introduced them to each other, Eunwoo smiled and greeted her politely.

“Noona, I have to go ahead. Maybe I’ll see you next week? I’ve been tasked to work with your company for the project.”

“Sure. That’s sounds great, I just took that project back. See you.” Sammy said to him, Chaeyoung looked at the male again, she didn’t miss how his smile widened when he heard about Somin being back to working with them. Her brows went up briefly and she glanced behind her and noticed that Samantha’s guards had doubled.

“Hmm.”

 

 

“So, how are things?”

Sehun looked up from the rack, he was with Kai, they were at the tailor shop. Sehun was accompanying him for his final fitting.

“Not so good.”

Kai glanced at him, he puffed his cheeks before speaking.

“Why? Has..it gotten that bad?”

“No, but..we still don’t know what’s happening or what their goal is.” Sehun’s jaw twitched as he spoke.

“You do know that Sammy tells me everything, right?”

Sehun’s lips quirked up and he nodded, he buried his hands in his pockets before facing him.

“I’ve been trying to get through her, but..she isn’t talking. I mean, she’s not giving me anything.”

“Exactly.” Kai murmured, Sehun sighed.

“Kai, I want her to leave the country.”

Kai stilled, he looked at his friend in shock.

“I don’t understand, you were the one who wanted her back here, Sehun-ah. I mean, you kept~”

“I know, but things are getting bad, and I don’t have control over it. I worry that my enemies might attack her and…I don’t want her to get hurt.”

“Sammy wont like this, Sehun-ah. You know her.”

“I know, but it has to be done. I can’t..compromise her safety. Singapore will be better for her.” Sehun said to him, Kai shook his head.

“Well, tell her that.”

“I can’t lose her. Not her.” Sehun murmured softly.

“You wont, just tell her the truth.”

 

 

Sehun was buttoning his shirt when he heard the doors open, he glanced up and heard Somin speaking on the phone.

“Yes, yes, sure, we’ll be there, auntie.” She said cheerfully, Sehun picked up his long coat and stepped out of the closet.

“Who was that?” He asked her, she was already dressed for the day, a double slit pencil skirt and a well fitted blouse that showed a bit of her shoulders.

“Your mom, she was reminding me about the party tonight. For Kia.” She said to him, Sehun nodded as he leaned over to press his lips against hers, Somin smiled before wrapping her arms around his neck.

“I thought you were crashing here last night. What happened?” Sehun asked as he wrapped his arms around hers, Somin pulled back and wiped her lipstick off his lips.

“Jena had a panic attack. Something about the invitations not being delivered on time.” She said with a small shrug. Sehun smiled and patted her waist before untangling himself from her arms.

“I’ll pick out a tie for you.” She volunteered as she stepped away from him, Sehun exhaled and followed her.

“What are you wearing tonight? Do you want to match?” He said jokingly as she rummaged through his neckties.

“I’m wearing burgundy. You look great in burgundy.” She said to him as she took out a nice slim black tie, Sehun smiled and walked towards her.

“We should get sushi later. Can you come by to pick me up for lunch? Oh, wait.” She blinked as she tied the tie, Sehun blinked at her.

“Right, you have that meeting today with Han Oil, well, I~”

“I’ll drop by with sushi, don’t worry.” Sehun chuckled before grabbing her by the waist and lifting her up to the center table.

“Sehun-ah, I actually like how my makeup looks today.” She warned him, he chuckled before giving her a quick peck on the nose.

“I have something for you.” He said as he took out something from his pant pocket, Sammy blinked at him as she looked at the box in his hand.

“I got this when you were away for Singapore. I’m not sure if~”

Somin opened the box and she smiled, Sehun looked at her expectantly. It was a blue sapphire necklace; the stone was crowned with diamonds on the sides.

“It may be too flashy, but I thought that it would look good on you. You..like it, right?” Sehun blinked at her, needing the reassurance.

“I love it, thank you, lawyer ahjussi.” She smiled before wrapping her arms around him, Sehun chuckled and just kissed the side of her head.

 

“Of course, Sammy, you’re welcome.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++