003

Lost and Found II

Sehun was comfortably seated on one of the leather seats when he noticed Somin pause and take out her phone, his brows rose in curiosity.

The two were at the Marina Bay Sands mall enjoying some last minute shopping at the The Shoppes. Somin was shaking her head as she slowly walked towards the counter, she was in the process of taking out her wallet. Sehun stood up from his seat and walked towards her, not noticing how the other females in the shop were staring at him.

“Did you get everything you need?” He asked as he walked up behind her, Somin nodded.

“I was on the waitlist for this purse, it finally arrived today~ No.” She said as Sehun took out his card, he blinked at her, confused.

“Sehun, we talked about this.” She sighed at him, Sehun rolled his eyes at her.

“Ani, you talked. I only listened.”

“Sehun~”

“You’re not going to give me another long talk about gender equality and how you’re not dating me because you need me to buy you stuff, right?” He said while cupping the back of her neck, Sammy’s eyes narrowed at him.

He chuckled before handing his card to the sales associate.

“What’s the point of dating a lawyer? You always lose.” Somin made a face at him before looking at her phone again, Sehun laughed.

“What’s that? You seem bothered by it.” He peeked over her shoulder, Sammy was bit on her lip before facing him.

“It’s another work thing.” She groaned.

“Why?” He said as the lady asked for his signature, he signed quickly before taking Somin’s phone. He read the email’s contents, and his brows rose up.

“They want me to work with Hyundai for this green energy thing. I mean, sure, the green thing was my idea, but me again?”

Sehun smiled, he took the shopping bags and gestured for the girl to walk with him. One of his men gathered the rest of the bags and followed the two.

“Oh my god, Hyundai!” She balked at him, Sehun mused.

“So, what were you complaining about? I thought it was~”

“I was mulling over about the another project on my plate again. But wow, your rival has arrived.” She chortled before wrapping one arm around his waist as they walked. Sehun smiled and nodded.

“At least this will glue you right back in Seoul. I love it. I love Hyundai.”

“Oh my god, don’t let your father hear that.”

 

 

The young male groaned as he rolled over his bed, he was struggling to grab his phone as its incessant ringing tortured him.

“W-What..Abeoji?” He answered groggily as he slowly sat up.

“What time is it? Why are you still in bed?” His father nagged right away, he rolled his eyes and slid down from his bed. The young male padded towards the windows and sighed.

“How’s school?” The elder asked.

“Fine, I’m on a term break, why?”

“Good, you should come home.”

“Nope.” His answer was quick.

“Son,” Now it was his father’s turn to sigh.

“We made a deal, I don’t need to come home until I fin~”

“Well, consider this as part of your training, you brat.”

He snorted and walked out of his room, he made his way to kitchen to get himself a glass of water and prepare coffee.

“You told me to concentrate on my studies, appa.” He pointed out as he leaned against the counter.

“Good, you can do that while being here.” His father replied.

“I don’t even go to school there, that would be difficult. My internship is here.”

“What do you mean you don’t go to school here?”

He sighed and finished his water before speaking again.

“You sent me to study in Singapore, remember?”

 

 

“Finally! Finally!” Mrs. Oh cheered as Sehun and Sammy walked in the Oh family home. The girl chuckled before giving the elder a hug.

“I missed you, auntie. Looking great as always.” She said, the lady beamed at her.

“I was worried you’d be stuck there forever, how would I deal with my son then?” She sighed as she hooked arms with the girl and they walked towards the living room.

“I’m her son, but why do I feel like a third wheel?” Sehun muttered darkly.

“Oh, Somin-ah, come.” Mr. Oh waved her over to the couch, Somin nodded and sat down beside the elder.

“What do you think?” He asked as he gestured towards the sketches on the center table.

“Oh, those came out already?” Sehun asked as he joined them.

“You’re coming out with new colors for other models too? I mean, color ways.” She corrected herself, Mrs. Oh smiled to herself before leaving the three.

“Whoa, I like this one best.” She pointed towards the latest version of a SUV with chrome detailing.

“Good, I’ll send you one~”

“Uncle!” She balked, Sehun laughed and toyed with her hair as he listened to the two talk.

“Your father’s coming over too, he called earlier.” Mr. Oh informed her, Sammy smiled, she was about to speak when one of the help escorted her father in.

“Samantha,” Mr. Park said with a warm smile. Sehun was quick to greet the elder with a handshake.

“Hmm, appa you look like you gained weight. Good.” Sammy laughed before hugging her father.

“This is coming from my daughter who told me that she had no plans coming home and yet Sehun arrives in Singapore, now she’s home.” He replied dryly, Sammy gave him a sheepish smile. Sehun chuckled and shook his head.

“I was busy.” She defended herself, Mr. Oh laughed and stood up.

“You two catch up. Sehun, I need to talk to you about something.” He said before going to his study, Sehun scrunched his nose at Sammy before following his father.

“So, have you read the documents forwarded to you?”

“No.” Sammy replied as she picked up a magazine.

“Why? I sent it yesterday.”

“Appa, Hyundai? Really? And it had to be me?”

Her father blinked and nodded, he picked up a fruit tart on the table before facing his daughter.

“What’s wrong with it? Chanyeol said you weren’t~”

“What would that make me look like?” She asked him.

“What?”

“Uhm, I’m with Sehun, father. Kia’s Sehun.”

“Oh.” Her father said.

“Oh.” Sammy shook her head at him.

“What did Sehun say?”

“Nothing.” She shrugged at him, then her father nodded.

“Then, all is well. Come on, Sammy, I expected more from you.”

Somin huffed and leaned back on the seat, she crossed her arms and looked at her father again.

“Look, Samantha, it’s just work. It’s not like I’m arranging you to marry into Hyundai. Your boyfriend’s already terrifying as he is, why would I do that?”

Sammy grew amused.

“I just don’t think it’s a good idea, appa. People will talk.”

“Let them, that never bothered you before.” He glanced at her, Somin nodded back, not wanting to continue debating with him.

 

 

Chaeyoung screamed as Chanyeol chased her around with a raw chicken leg, Somin sighed as she looked at her older cousin. Everyone was gathered at her place for a small get together. She shook her head and padded towards the kitchen. She found Kai and Sehun peering over the stew Jena was preparing.

“Oh Sehun, get away from the food.” She warned him, Sehun pouted at her before walking towards the barstools.

“Hey, I have news.” Kai said to her as she stood beside him.

“Oh, I don’t want to be here.” Sehun mused before sliding down from his seat. Sammy glanced at him questioningly.

“Where are you going?” She asked him, her forehead creasing.

“I’m gonna check on hyung, Chaeyoung noona may have killed him or something.” He mused before leaving. Sammy turned to Kai again.

“What is it? Am I going to be an aunt now?” She joked, Kai snorted at her.

“No, I have something better.”

“There’s something better than that?” She asked him as she sat herself on the kitchen counter, her eyes lit up as she saw Bacon race through the garden outside, the Doberman catapulted himself towards Sehun. Kai followed her gaze, and he smiled.

“You know,”

Sammy’s eyes went back to him.

“Sehun’s different around you, I’ve never seen him this happy.”

“Ew, Kai. Just get to the point.” She sighed at him.

“I mean it, you..you keep him stable. He’s changed so much after meeting you, Sammy.”

“I guess we both keep each other grounded.” She offered, Kai nodded and sat beside her.

“What did you want to talk about?” She asked him as she felt her phone vibrate in her short pocket. She took it out and opened the text message.

“You’re my best man.” Kai said, Sammy blinked and looked at him.

“What? Best man? Did you forget that I’m female? I have s, Kai!” She glared at his friend, Kai chuckled before giving the girl a quick hug and he dashed out of the kitchen.

“Man child. Man child.” Sammy sighed to herself as she slid down from the counter, she looked at the text again.

“Sammy? We’re setting up the table.” Sehun called from the patio doors.

You might be needed back in Singapore.

It’s regarding the deal JQ Industries. –Dave

“Sure,” She said as she set her phone down and walked towards him, Sehun smiled before putting one arm around her, he pressed his nose against her hair briefly before letting out a small contented sigh.

“It’s good to be home, huh, young miss?” He said lightly as they joined the others by the pool.

 

“Yeah.” Sammy nodded and stood on her toes to kiss his cheek before walking towards her cousin to take the raw chicken from him.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++