9. Quarrel, Lecturer

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

                Monday morning in the office, the secretary told me that Kim Jongin wants me to go straight away to his office as soon as i arrives.

The pictures of last night even was still lingering on my mind, and i'am still had dissapointed feeling towards him.

I open his door and walk in without knocking first. He was at his desk behind his computer and glance at me a little bit shock towards my rude behaviour, but he let it go and instruct me to sit.

"Miss Son.., take a seat."

Being stuborn as i'am, i stand still. He shut the screen down and leaned his elbow on his desk folding his finger and looking at me. My bad feeling vanished in a second..
This is it, he has this aura that could make anybody fall under his spell.

"Are you fond of the work we do together, Miss Son?" He said.

"Hmm" i give him a little nod and short answer. I know i was rude as an employee, but who cares. Mybe he'll fire me tomorrow.

"So, why did you leave the gala ball without my authorization?"

I sigh and said, "in what way did the gala ball have anything to do with my work here? If you needed somebody to you there, why didn't ask one of your supermodels?" I said in sarcastic tone.

"You think i invited you just to be pretty?" 

"Oh, wasn't that the purpose of the priceless dress you lent me?" I should stop my insolent mouth, but i can't.

"It isn't a loan. It's now yours. And that isn't a point. Your presence at the gala was part of your job."

"Listen... i felt out of place during the evening. I'am not from the same world.. i found it all indecent..."

"Indecent?" He said furiously by squinting his eyes.

"Yeah, that's right. All that showing off of wealth.... it's so far from the poorer people live, the people for which your fondation is supposed to work." I can't believe i could say something like thay and behaving like spoiled brat to my boss. But this issue bothered me much.

"Have you ever been to Africa, Miss Son?
His tone was cold but perfectly controlled.

"No. Never."

Kim Jongin narrowed his eyes and said, "what is indecent and bearable, is that young children are dying by a millions, every years because they don't receive treatment. More often because of illness that could be avoided by simple treatment. What seems indecent is all those mothers helplessly wathing their children suffer without able to bring them the help that any mother in the world would wish to bring. What is indecent is, your attitude. Before thinking about your little self, think of those who are suffering. You'll see that thing will suddenly seems so much bearable."

I'am ready to dig a hole to hide myself. Feels like i got slapped in my cheeck. But i can't let him win. "I...that's not i wanted to say.."

"Don't think iam the kind of man who just throw money into some foundation only to lower my taxes or flatter my image. I took my luxury suit off and went to africa, pulled my sleeves up and help the volunteers workers. I held a mother in my arms, devastated by the loss of her child. Belive me, i've never been the same since. From your point of view my methods is 'indecent'. From mine, i'am only using my power to try and change things, and that include that gala balls, like that one." He said furiously. 

When he finished his sentences, i'am on the verge of crying. My lips are trembling. I feel like a villain here and wants to throw my arms towards him, kiss him blissfuly and say sorry. But i know my position. I couldn't cross the line if i wanna survive.

"Now if your job interests you, don't dissapoint me again. You may leave."
He said.

I attempts to say something but he had back to the computer. I turned my heels to leave and going to my office, looking more embarrased than ever.

As soon i arrived in my office, i cry and burried my face in my hands. 

                                                       ***

                   

                        Early afternoon, Kim Jongin sent an e-mail with a list of new contacts of influential people i met at the gala ball , asking me to make a few phone calls to organize a meetings as soon as possible to keep in touch.

Not in a minute, my boss sent me a messages asked me to work an important project. The project is about a merger and acquistitions with a young European start-up working in the emerging technologies. 
He requested me a complete rundown and the enterprise's activity and it's executives.

                                                     ***

It was late, and i realize that by the emptyness of the hallway as i heading to Kim Jongin office to finished the file he entrusted me.

Before i reach his office, his voice calls before me, "Miss son, you're still here?"

He approach me, i turn around and we were very close. I have to control this sudden heat of my body because his masculine parfume lingering my nostril, "I wanted to finish the file that you entrusted me with."

"I didn't entrust you the file to botch it up today. There is a lot of things to be studied and considered with it." He said.

"That's why i appended three research register to my report at your disposal." I answer him back immediately.

He stare at me smirking and said, "good..." 

Then he cleared his throat and add, "i was about to have a drink in my office. But it's a little dismal alone...Care to join?"

I hesitate, i'm sure he was going to give me a lecture again. Before i could say no, he walks towards his office, didn't give me another option but follow him...