46.

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

Chapter 46.

            

            I wait, with my hands clenched on the handle of my little suitcase, for Jongin to finish on the phone. I cast a last nostalgic look at the paradisical landscape that surrounds me. Good things always end too soon! I feel bad for him, I wonder if he ever has a moment where he can really relax. I try my best to contain my disappointment. I don't want to leave here. I don't want to go back to reality and all its problems.

When I'm about to grab my phone to check my messages, Jongin joins me. He sighs, staring into space. "I'm so sorry, naeun.. I didn't want things to turn out like this."'  He presses his two big hands on the wooden fences and lets his eyes drift out the wave. I guess he has the thought of not wanting to leave here, like me. 

"There will be other occasions..."  I hope...
He stares at me a little sadly as if to say that it wasn't so simple. "I had so many things to show you still..."

"Those things won't disappear, they'll still be here in a few days, weeks, months.." And to hear myself speak, I'm clearly projecting myself into a lasting relationship with him.  I am incapable of building anything that's not on solid ground. I need to project myself, even if I know it's just a dream. I'm not stupid. With Jongin, my heart is on a constant roller coaster ride. And even if it's thrilling, exalting, strong... You don't live your life with a man who tortures your heart.

He doesn't answer. He isn't the type to give false hope. I'm chuckling sadly inside.  His phone vibrates and for a moment he gazes at its screen.
Sometimes I wish that damn thing had never been invented.  Especially when they steal the attention of my Handsome CEO from me.!

"It's mayhem in our company, the IRS is digging in all our archives."

It's selfish of me but I want to have him to myself for a few more minutes. I slide my arms around his and I look at the sea with him, sighing.. He answers by laying a kiss at the top of my head. "Naeun, before we go, I wanted to show you something. You know once we go back we hardly had a chance for ourselves."

"Oh, what it is?" He looks at me mischievously and gives me his beautiful smile.

"It's rather... Personal.."

"Don't tell me you have that kind of weird room, with a whole bunch of equally strange accessories for doing 50 shade things..????" I'm half-joking but he burst out laughing.

"No.. I've already told you, that's not my thing. But if you really wanted, I could gladly ask my architect to build another room, just for our to use it., I'm serious.. Ohh, suddenly I feel excited, thanks to you for your thought.!" He smirks that adorable yet seducing smirk, how would I describe that?

"Noooo..!!" Face with his mocking look. I stare at him. Outraged, with flushed cheeks!

"Come.." He held his hand out time. I look at my suitcase but he beckons for me to leave it behind and follow him.

We go around the villa and reach a small door at the end of a corridor. As he opens it and I discover the room, I'm overwhelmed with emotion. I peer inside while Jongin steps in. " come in." Several small trains are placed on the floor, on shelves. Old posters line the walls.  He watches me, silently, no doubt checking for my reaction. "It's my collection of trains, it's one of the precious things I have."

"Unbelievable..." I'm surprised y the discovery of this new side of him. It's strange to imagine him In the middle of all these little trains. The image of the merciless businessman burst like a soap of bubble. "It must take you years to collect them all..".

"It's a lifetime you have before you. It was my father's passion and u get up the tradition, in a way. You can come closer." I walk gently amongst the carriages. Some are immense, others are very small. I imagine that. Whatever their price, these objects are invaluable to him .
It's his passion. I'm able to understand that. Even though collecting stuff has never been my thing, cooking is my secret garden.

"Come on." He invites me to sit on the ground in the midst of all his little trains. It's hard not to be moved... I feel like I'm meeting the child who is sleeping inside him. The child we all his within ourselves. His eyes shine with a glimmer that I haven't seen before.

He grabs a little train like a child would do with his favorite toy. I hold myself against him. "You see this one, this is the very first that my father gave me."

"It represents a specific train, I suppose?"

"Yes, it does. It's a replica of the blue train. Have you heard of it?"

"No.. Not really..."

"It's one of the most legendary trains in history, and it transported illustrious people such as Queen Victoria and Churchill. It went from Paris to Rome."

"Your father made the model?" My question amuses him.

"No, real artists worked on such models in collaboration with historians. My father was passionate about them, but not connoisseur enough to make them himself."

"It must be a meticulous job."

"You have no idea how many hours work have been put into it."

I watch the other trains around us. There are a lot. I bend down to kiss him on the cheek. On touched that he should show me his treasures. He watches me affectionately, which makes my beating heart thump faster.

"I would have liked to have shown you them in action, but we don't have the time."

"Oh, do they really work?"

"Of course, but we would have to build the whole circuit and it would take several hours."

"Ah yes.."

"Well, now you know a little more about me." He smiles at me.

"I'm curious to discover everything else about you, for now, I love what I've found."

"There is not much else for you to discover about me, naeun.." His smiles widen..

"I'm talking about the things you hide behind those airs you take on."

"Me? Taking on airs?"

"Yes, you know, the imperturbable manager type."  This time he laughs more heartily. Seeing him in this way makes me feel so happy. Something deep, much deeper than the carnal attraction I felt at the beginning is growing between us...