22. Painful memories

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

I'm having a great time. The light and the carefree kind that I hadn't lines for.... A long time. Quickly, ocean appears before us. We're drving at full speed on the road that stretches along the sand. You don't really think so much about this kind of place when you imagine Seoul, yet the city can boast about having beautiful beach!

My voice slowly goes down before the fantastic view and I resume my seriousness. He gives a sudden but precise haul on the wheel and parks on the side. I'm almost angry at him for parallel parking so easily. Jongin is y even when he's parking... I think I could follow this guy anywhere he likes, so much he's bewitched me. I chuckle to myself.

"What?" He arched his brow together hearing my chuckled.

"No, nothing." Youre just irresistible.

"Don't move." He steps out of the car and walks around to open the passenger door. Jongin and his usual class. As I step out, a sift breeze caresses my face and I take a deep breath.

Jongin puts both hands on my waist as he lays a delicate kiss on my lips. The intensity of his gaze and what it provokes in me is enough to make my cheeks pink. His lips stretch slightly, like everytime he realise the effect he has on me. He then goes to the small car trunk and he pulls out towels and brown paper bag, tightly closed. He presses a hand against my lower back, inviting me to start walking on the sand. As his arms slides along line and his hand comes to take mine, it's like soda popping in my veins.

He halts and spreads the towels out on the hot sand. He pulls his sleeves up little, and site cross-legged, letting pit a sigh of satisfaction. I watch him as he sits. The great Kim Jongin is showing me a different facet of his personality, quite far from the ruthless businessman. Even if I put all the will of the world into restraining my feelings, I'm sensitive to him.

I smile at him letting myself drop down onto the towel next to him. "Aaahhh... How lovely it is here." Lying on my back, I look up at the clear blue sky, hands folded across my belly. He leans over on his elbow, turning his body towards me. I pull my knees up little letting my head drop to the side, admiring him. He's sieving the sand through his fingers. He remains silent, his eyes fixed on the grains of sand slipping throigh his fingers, i have all the time in the world to stare at him and appreciate what i see. His shirt, slightly opened, gives me a glimpse of his sculpted pecs. A slight breeze blows through his hair and a few locks fall out of place.

He's even more beautiful like this. So beautiful that I wonder what he's doing with me. I'm neither one of those very fit surfer girls, to whom he's not paying attention, nor one of the super model whom he usually dates. "Jongin... Why?" I asked in curiousity.

His eyes are almost translucent as they set on me. "Why what?"

I sigh, looking for a moment beyond our towel. "Why me? When with a snap of your fingers you can have any woman you want."

He comes closer to me and his fingers snake through my hair. I close my eyes for a second, soaking up the tenderness of his gesture. "First, you're a beautiful woman, look at yourself, your curves are taunting, demanding to be explored, caressed, possessed. And secondly... I don't like things when they're easy, darling."

This time I burst out laughing at his playful playboy look. "Is it your way of telling me that I'm complicated.?"

Resuming his seriousness, he brushes my cheek with his forefinger. "No, I mean to say that you're intriguing and I like to be intrigued."

"So, what's gonna happen, when I stop intriguing you?" I regret asking the question at once, I know only too well the unpleasant answer. I'll go join the huge cemetery of last conquests.

He straightens up with ease and pushes the little paper bag up to my nose. "Are you hungry?"

"Yes, what is it?"

He takes out a small bottle of wine, two glasses and two wrapped little packets. "Emmental and White Ham Sandwiches."

I lean up ony elbows and look at him, tenderly. "It's not really what you'd call a gourmet meal but I guess it'll do..."

His eyes narrow slightly, I know, my insolence is playing up again.

"Thank you." I said.

He looks at me dubiously. "It's just a sandwich."

I roll my eyes. "I mean the restaurant, the chef and now this interlude at the beach."

"Oh, that's just to push you into telling me your secrets."

I give him a sideways glance as he bursts out laughing taking a sip of wine. He bites into his sandwich and watches the waves flowing back and forth on the beach. "You're going to a lot of trouble, for not much, my secrets are really not worth it, I just...have a couple of old demons that are little difficult to chase."

He looks at me keenly while I play with the paper wrapper between my fingers, not really sure how I'm gonna get out of this one.

"I was just kidding, I'm not trying to read you like an open book." He said try to calm me.

My throat tightens when I think of them. It was beautiful day like today. I wish holding back the tears that are threatening. This time, Jongin feels my distress. He puts his sandwich down on the bag and turns to me, gently taking me in his arms. "Hey... Sorry... I didn't want to..."

"No... It's not you... It's just... I never talk to anyone about it... But the pain is so real still... It's as if I'll never really get rid of it, you know?"

He just looks at me kindly, tenderly, his arms my back to ease my sadness...

"I lost my family in a plane crash, my father was a private pilot. They all went out one day and they never came back." My lovely lover's eyes are neither filled with pity nor curiousity, just a reassuring presence. "My Little brother, my mother and my father, all gone I don't have anybody, Jongin... It's probably what makes me so suspicious, sometimes..."

"I understand, darling." He takes the sandwich from my hands and invites me to snuggle up against him. "Come here."

I gladly nudge forward and press myself up against him, as if I wanted to marry every inch of his skin. My arms fold up against my stomach and his large arms envelop me. I dig my nose into the hollow of his shoulder. I close my eyes, breathing in his smell. His manly smell, mingled with that smell of the sand. There's only the two of us, under the declining sun. Two tormented souls who have found one another.everything seems so reassuring, so acceptable when I am I'm his arms. It's as if all the pain evaporated. I gently breathe in, as he rest his chin on the top of my head. I don't know how long we stay like this quietly. Sometimes a silent embrace speaks louder than words.

**************************************************************