4. Mr. Intense (2)

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

 

 

 

               As soon i comeback to my office, hyuna and sehun intercept me way and put on a "you must tell us" look.

"Chanyeol was in a meeting with another man. And there was this stupid menu displayed on the screen! I saw what i consider to be a mistake in the choice of wines. I couldn't help but make a comment on it." 

"What?? Do they want open a restaurant now?" - Sehun half joking but i don't feel like laughing.

"No Sehun, they are organising a charity ball. Apparently our company helps raise money for third world countries." 

"But what's the problem with you making a remark?" - Hyuna asked

"It's just that, when i criticised the menu, the man sitting next to chanyeol was no other than Mr. Kim jongin himself!!" 
- hyuna and sehun stare at me disbelievingly for an instant.

"Haha...haha...haha...." - they both burst out laughing together. A few eyes turn and look toward us. I motion to them to hush up.

"You should have seen the look on chanyeol's face!" 

"Really naeun, you 're always putting your foot in it!" - hyuna said still in half laughing.

"Honestly, who would have believe that i'd find myself talking wine with the company's big boss!!" 

The two struggle to stop laughing. I have to say, it's infectious.

"anyway, to fix thing up, i promised Chanyeol i'd look over the menu and make a suggestion before tomorrow!" 

Hyuna come closer, i can tell i'am in some questioning. 
- " if i understand rightly, you've seen what the misterious Kim Jongin look a like.."

"Yes..."

"So, what's he like?"

As the thought of me in that room, sitting opposite that man with the magnetic eyes make my heart pounds and my body heat up. 

"He's.... intimidating" 

Sehun raise his eyebrows and look at me playfully.

- "you? intimidated? Poor little darling..." 

"Do you know where you can put your "little darling" right now ?"- he annoys me when he's like that!

"Initimidated like what?" - hyuna asking more.

"Like intense, charismatic, brilliant..."

"Did you fall in love or what ??" - sehun said that annoyingly.

"How about you do us a favour and shut it a little!" 

"Sehun my sweety, an intelligent and powerful man is always y...but less so when he happens to be over sixty!" - hyuna said with knowing.

"Actually... he's young... and not over thirty...and......handsome."

Hyuna muffle a swear words.
If sehun wasn't here, i want to tell hyuna how hypnotic his look is. How he has a voice that make my drop there and then a body that is to die for..
But "handsome" will do for the moment. Let's not hurt the faint of heart.

"Oh no! Don't tell me you're both fantasising on the young millionaire who drinks wine worth ten thousand bucks of a bottle?! What a clichè ladies!" 

"Of course,refinemenet is nothing that you would understand sehun!" - i cant help but agree to hyuna' remark.

"Oh sorry,for not being born in silver spoon in my mouth!" 

"What tells you he was?"

"Because do you really think that a guy who starts off with nothing could build an empire like this?" - sehun mark was quiet reasonable.

"I don't know, he seems... intelligent." 

"Yeah, that doesn't count. I know a tonne od intelligent guy. They're just not born lucky. That's all!!"
- sehun always had this strange complex in relation to succesful people. I know he had difficult childhood and that he grew up in a tough neighborhood. I rather change the conversation and avoid tackling the subject.

 

 

                                                ***

 

 


               As i get home, i put the heavy files on my kitchen bar, feeling pensive.

"Oke, it's not gonna be easy!"

To make myself feel better i pour myself a drink..
i get a 2010 Margaux bottle out and pour a glass. I'am a keen lover of french wines, in case i hadn't shown it enough today. 

I browse throuhgh the files whilst sipping my drink. Wow! Nothing's right, it'a gonna take me all night!
As my eyes fall on the word scallops, i think back to my exchange with Mr. Kim.

I think i even blush. That man has something fascinating about him... he has that little extra something that exceptional people have..

He's really y but his appeal is beyond that. It's something that emanates from him.

Stop that right now naeun! A girl like you don't interest guy like him! 

And i think it was probably the first and the last time i'll see him. 
I giggle in thinking i maybe gave him a funny impression. 

I was no doubt the joke 
In his day! In any case, i think i entertained him. Poor chanyeol and his ruined presentation, i'am lucky he didn't hold it against me.

The more i look at the menu, the less i know how to go about it. In the interminable list of carterers suggested. I don't know which to choose. 

"Let's see naeun, what would the great Kim Jongin do in your place?" - i pout and act pensive. 

The good news is the substantial budget makes a lot of choice possible. I can propose something really good! 

 

 

                                                ***

 

 

                    Last night, i finished putting together the menu very late. I sent my work to Chanyeol by e-mail around 2am. 

This morning i get to work exhausted. I sit on my desk an check my mailbox. 
Chanyeol sent me am message around 2.35 am! I guess he didn't sleep much either. 

 

From : Park Chanyeol
To : Son Naeun

Good evening miss son, thank you for your invaluable help. The charity ball is taking a place very soon and you are invited of course. Wishing you a good week. 

P.C.Y

 

Wow! Chanyeol has invited me to the charity ball!? It's the first time something like that happens to me! 
I calm myself down, anybody would think that i'am a teenger getting ready for my prom ball... it's just invitation to a social event..

I wonder who goes to that event a part from rich heirs or important bussiness man.
The perfect chance to meet anybody who's anybody in SK! Who knows maybe Gong Yoo or BTS will be there! 

Before getting a work the last project that Yixing entrust me, i decide to research a little on The Kim Corp's humanitarian aid.
Indeed, several research are found in the search engine. 

The firm appears to be very active in Africa in the installation of water sanitation systems. It's also finance schools, clinics, as well as several charity organisation on site. 
There are many photos of Mister Kim posing with young Africans in front of school or hospital. 

I must say that on the photos, tought he still has the disarming charm about him there's also something a little more....humane..
But in the end, is he being sincere? 
Could it be away of making a good impressions,or flattering his image and reputation?

I find it difficult to believe that men, born in an unrestrined capitalistic environment, relly feel concerned by poverty in the developing world. 

My curiousity push me to type what most of the woman in this city who have met him must have type before me.

Nervously i type : Kim Jongin single. 
Lots of rather evocative results comes up : "Kim Jongin single(again)" , "Kim Jongin is single again"

I can't believe the number of pictures that appear on the screen!
Sentimentaly speaking he's diffiult to define.

There are a lot of photo showing him in the company with many of absolutely stunning woman. 
Top models, celebrities... My ego take a blow and i hate it how it makes me feel like. 

What did i expect ?

Did i really think that one of the richest handsome man of this planet wanna go out with a girl like me?
Feeling a little dissapointed, i sigh looking at a pictures of him with a beautiful, young, red headed dressed in Chanel. 

As i cursed almost out loud, a voice whistle behind me.

Krystal...!!
Head of human resources is standing in front of me. With one hand on her hip looking revolted.

"why is it so complicated to find anybody working at what they're paid for?" 

The weariness in her tone of voice makes my hair stands on end. Being unpleasant calls for skill but with Krystal,it's fine art! 

"May i asked why you are wasting your time on websites that are from teenagers looking for cheap thrills instead of....?" 
she stop an instant letting out a little mocking sigh. 

"sorry.. i was about to employ a word that you"re no doubt not familiar with.."

"WORK!!" - she says this as an order, leaning towards me.

"I was researching." - i try to defend myself.

"Researching..?? You should get to work before i start searching for someone to replace you in your job, Miss Son."

For a moment i see myself ten years back. Humiliated by the school bullies. To say that i hope things would change once i was an adult.
But no, es are all of ages and they don't improve with time!
 

 

                                                  ***

 

                 Tonight i can work on my blog. I decided to share my new recipe for mangoes madness dessert with my followers. As always i jazz up my dy's recipe with a litte personal stories..

It's kinda a ritual now, and my followers love it!
Of course my blog is anonymous. Impossible to know who's behind Sonna's delights.
I'am always careful not to reveal the identity of the people i talk about so i find them amusing nicknames.

I decided to talk about my huge blunder with Mr. Kim Jongin 

I wrote - " i challange my company's CEO. Whom i'll call mister intense eyes in front of his second in command who's actually my manager's boss during a meeting. The reason? Well, he doesn't know what wine could fit what dish for a charity ball dinner! Such is life... you can be multibillionaire bussinessman and not excel in verything. I have to say i can't concentrate, he's nonetheless very attractive. 
He's exactly the type of guy to blind you up in his tie and take you to the seventh heaven in no time at all! 
I would try to seduce him with one of my dessert but he seem to have preference for top model who doesn't swallow anything!!" 

i post my messages without checking it.

Wow,within a few minutes i have already receive a lot of messages!

I burst out laughing when i read some :
" do you think that your boss has a red room? You're gonna have to teach him about gastronomical pleasure.."

"Nobody could possibly resist Sonna's delight not even multibillionaire boss" .

" supermodels are good but there's nothing to eat on them." 

I answer on the same tone, giggling. But quickly my heart sink. There's a chance of me ever seeing Mr. Kim Jongin again...
Unless i see him at the ball..
 

 

                                                ***

 

               This morning i get to work humming, i take my earphone off in front of Sehun's amused look.

"Hi... sehun."

"You seem very jolly today, would it have something to do with Chanyeol?"

I put my earphones away silently starring at Sehun.. what's he on about? 

-"Chanyeol?"

"Yeah, he came this morning. He was looking for you."

"Really??"

"Yes he said it was urgent. And that you have to go to your manager's office straight away" 

What's going on? Why does Chanyeol wants to see me urgently?
I hope there's nothing wrong...
And why see me in Yixing's office?

"I wonder what they want.."

"Maybe they need your expert advice for another charity ball, who knows.."

"Sehun, you're a real pain in the neck , do you know that?" 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

To be continued...

There is still no the actual kaieun moments..
Please be patient dear..