11. Desire

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

Over the past few days, my exchange with my boss have been relatively brief after that incident.

Later the day, in the evening,when i was about to going home and hail a taxi, i saw Kim Jongin walking out from the company in a rush while talking on the phone and climbed in to the taxi by himself, without Taemin accompany him.

My curiousity got deeper. I put a glasses as in disguise. Once in the taxi,i took a glasses off and wait for Kim Jongin cab to drive away.

"Follow that taxi!" I said to the driver. The driver nods, no questions asked.

We quickly leave the neighbourhood and head for expressway. My driver's no great warrior! I have a hard time keeping Kim Jongin's vehicle in sight.

"Step on it! They're going faster than us!" I give the driver a pressure a bit.

"Say, little lady. I'am doing what i can." He said

Yeahh.. well do better then..

We quickly leave the highway heading towards the Jongro district.

Jongro District? What's Kim Jongin doing in this neighbourhood...?

All of sudden,my heart skips a beat!

My God! Is he going to see a drug's trafficker? What if he's involved in illegal traffic of some sort??!

What ever naeun! Kim Jongin earns billions with his firm. Why would he get his hand dirty?

"Um... do you want me to keep going, miss." The driver voice intterupted my thought.

"Yes, follow him!"

The driver looks uneasy. I understand him. We're entering one of the trouble spot of the Seoul.

Suddenly the taxi in front of us stops and Kim Jongin steps out.

"Stop here!" I said to the driver.

My driver stops a little further back. One must exercise the greatest discreation!

I see Kim Jongin walking along the sidewalk.

"Follow that man. But keep your distance!" I instructes the driver.

The driver is getting impatient,i hear him sigh.

"Don't worry, your patience will be rewarded." I plan to give him an extra cash.

Kim Jongin turn the corner of the street.

When we reach him, he's taking his jacket off and rolling up his sleeves.
I sit there flabbergasted. What i see has nothing to do with what i imagined...

He goes to join some people, behind large steaming cooking pots. He greets them warmly. I can see he knows them well.

My mystery is solved : he's a volunteer for a soup kitchen.

It's a gesture of true generosity! And the fact that he doesn't mention it makes him even more touching.

He gains nothing by acting this way in secret, without any publicity. This time it's obvious. He is sincere when he says he wants to change the world.

If in addition to everything else, he's truthfully generous... i think i will end up falling in love!...

Stop that right now, naeun!

"I have to get on with my fares, ma'am." The driver said.

"Uh...yess...yess... excuse me.." i give the driver my address to go home.

***

 

This morning Kim Jongin summoned me to his office. He must surely want to discuss about the sabotage story calmly.

 

"Miss Son, hello." He greet me.

 

"Hello, sir."

 

In my head everything's mixed up and my heart is getting in the way...

 

I can't get the picture of yesterday out of my head. I want to talk to him about generosity and tell him how touched i was, but he certainly wouldn't appreciate it if he knew i'd followed him...

 

I fiddle with my fingers while watching him and decide to keep my discovery to myself.

 

He's searching for some papers and stacking them nervously. This is obviously not the right time for a calm discussion.

 

"I don't have much time. A journalist wants to write an article about the company but i'am not available. Wait a second." He said without looking up at me, he flicks a switch on his digit phone and leans forwards to make himself heard.

 

"Jessica, call Mr. Brahms and shift tonight's appointment."

 

The secretary barely has the time to reply before he flicks the switch back off.

 

"I have something on the other end of the city, i need you to take care of the interview. Can i count you?"

 

His two brown eyes look up at me as he sorts his documents out.

 

"Okay, no problem."

 

Firstly, you never say no to Kim Jongin. Secondly, i had better not get it wrong this time !
I find it rather elegant of him to trust me again after the last fiasco.

 

Perhaps he's not as intransigent and severe as he tries to make believe, after all. He accepts mistakes. Though... something tells me that he will not accept the same mistake twice.

 

"Very well Miss Son, he'll be here this afternoon."

 

Our conversation seems to be already over.
I'am surprised ... i thought we were going to take the time to discuss the matter in Congo.

 

"Sir.... about the sanitation works...."

 

He looks at his cellphone frowning.
"A freighter should be leaving within the next few days. I can't do any more for now."

 

"It's already alot, sir..."

 

"A lot ?" He stares at me as if i'd said something stupid.

 

"Miss Son, we have promised drinking water to those villagers."

 

"I know..."

 

I sense that this problem is bothering him.
He turns away from his desk, briefcase in his hand, and stands in front of me. A whiff of his parfume comes and tickles my nostrils.

 

"If you've finished your interrogation, i'd like to go." He gives me a smirk,half amused, half exasperated. Whilst looking at me, tilting his head slightly to the side.

 

I let him pass. Beneath his air of calm, i feel that something is tormenting him this morning. I've never seen him so impatient.

 

"Have a nice day,Miss Son."

 

"Have a nice day sir."

 

***

 

The interview with the reporter went well!!
He didn't ask any personal questions. He was interested in the firm's actions abroad and not at all in the love life of its CEO...

 

I tidy my things and prepare to meet up with Hyuna downstairs. We've decided to celebrate my little victory with a drink!

 

In the mean times,i proud to myself ! I manage the interview well, overcoming all the traps. I hope that Mr. Intense will notice...

 

As if i needed his recognition to be 100% satisfied!!

 

When i got to the desk, Hyuna ia putting her things in order. She takes off her headset and beckon me over.

 

***

 


Hyuna and I have ordered our favorite cocktails.

 

"To your interview then, miss!" She half shouting lifting his glass.

 

"Yeah, i manage it like a real professional."

 

The tingling of our glasses covered by our chuckles.

 

"Anyway, what story you want to tell me about? You said you had something important to share to me. How was your trip to Hongkong with Mr. Intense?"

 

I take a deep breath and stare at my glass.

 

"Oh!! Oh!! Look like something happened!!" Hyuna said.

 

"You could said that.."

 

"Ohh !"

 

Hyuna moves closer, a big smile on her lips.

 

"Where to start...?." i'am on debating should i tell her about private jet episode or the elevator..

 

"I have to tell you something, something happened in the elevator the night i forgot my bag and we had to leave for The Edge."

 

"I knew there was something wrong! So tell me."

 

"I didn't know it was him.... if i had known, i wouldn't have done it. I think we're past the normal relationship of the boss and his assistant if you know what i mean... we really got close, i don't know.... i felt something incredible when he touch me.
A sort of indefinable tension.."

 

"You..." Hyuna stop her words,i know what she was thinking.

 

"No! No at all. We stopped before going any further. In short,i don't know where i'am going with him. There is something, something physical tht attract us to each others. I don't know if we can call it feeling."

 

"That doesn't mean anything. You can have feeling for a guy who exasperate you, naeun."

 

"Well, of course with Kim Jongin, i've got just that. It's a bit of brutal feeling some sort of basic instict that makes me just want to fall into his arm. I think he could do just what he wants with me."

 

"Wooow!" Hyuna look at me smiling.

 

"What?"

 

"Nothing... i've just discovered a new Naeun that lossening up!"

 

"Yeah.. and i doubt if it was a good idea. Nevertheless,he is my boss... i know i'am walking the tightrope on this one."

 

"Let's say it win or lose . . ."

 

I sigh n take a sip.

 

"What do you think i should do?"

 

"Honestly, i'am not the right person for giving advice where the heart's concerned or am i a model of wisdom. But from what you say, you should be careful and protect yourself, i think he's the kind of man who cn haunt you but also destroy you."

 

My friend' words seems a little dramatic. But she's right... everything has a counterpart and his magnetic power attraction is probably hiding something darker, maybe even dangerous...

 

"You're probably right, hyuna."

 

"I don't know,it's just intuition."

 

***

 

We take to another step and stop at the intersection.

 

"Well sweetie, i'am going take this way." Hyuna said smiling.

 

"Get home safely and remember me if you need to talk." I hug hyuna.

 

"Sure, take care you too..."

 

Hyuna walks away, waving at me.

 

I took a moments to admire the night scenery...

 

I find myself imagining Kim Jongin in his office watching the city from his ivory tower...
His tie a little loose, a glass of rum in hand. And always that satisfied smile on his face...

 

I feel a surge of panic if just thinking about him, i lose my grip, something's up!

 

Suddenly my phone beeps, and brings me back to reality.

 

Mr. Intense : i'm still in the office. Are you free?

 

What!!??

 

Has something paranormal just happened, telephaty??

 

I want to believe in coincidences, but this is scary. What can he want so late in the evening?

 

Should i remind him that outside of work i'm under no obligation to him?

 

Should i join him?

 

If my reason screams that this is probably a very bad idea, given recent events...
It's been a while since i've listened to reason as far as Kim Jongin is concerned!

 

Yes, let's be honest. I really want to be alone with him...
I really want it to turn out to be not just a professional visit...

 

I type, uncertainly, on my keypad.

 

Me:  i can be there ten minutes.

 

naeun! What are you doing?

 

Why is my heart thumping like i'am a teenager about to live her first night love!?

 

My phone beeps again.

 

Mr. Intense : ok. I'll be waiting for you.

 

I hold my cellphone in my sweaty hand. I might end up crossing the line tonight but, basically, i've been waiting for this moment since the first time he laid his hands on me..

 

When i get into the building, Taemin's there, in front of the large glass doors.

 

"Hii Taemin..."

 

"What are you doing?" He seems surprised to see me at this time of day.
He pauses and looks at his feet for a moment, running a hand through his hair.
"What are YOU doing here?"

 

"I forgot something in my office." I lied.

 

"If you haven't got it in your head, you must have it in your legs." He tease me.

 

"That's right, you've figure it!" I said play along.

 

I proudly show my pass! Yes, this time i can taunt the guard at the entrance...

 

In the elevator, my heart beats faster as the floors goes by.

 

I hope you know what you're doing, naeun.

 

Yes, i'm playing a dangerous game.... like everytime he challenges me...

 

When the elevator opens onto the lobby, i walk hesitantly, to my CEO's office.

 

I knock on the door, my heart racing.

 

I hold my breath as he opens the door. He has a strange gleam in his eyes.

 

He gives me a long look. A little more and i'll lose the little self-control i have left.

 

"Come in."

 

His voice is warm. It sounds like a sweet promise to my ears or perhaps a diabolical invitation.

 

Just so long as long the devil is this y ....

 

As i step into the room,i hear him close the door behind me.

 

When i turn around my heart skips a beat. I try to ignore what i'm feeling between my legs....

 

He's leaning against the door-post, his tie slightly loosened and his brown eyes gazing at me as he gently the titanium of his cufflinks.

 

It's official. I've just walked into the lion's den!!

 

Looks like this time, a little Red Riding Hood is glad to have run into the big bad wolf !

 

A smile floats on his lips, while his eyes are squinting slightly.

 

"You... You wanted to see me, sir?"

 

"Yes."

 

He leaves the doorway and walks slowly towards me.

 

"Well, here i am."

 

My confidence vanished as he approach me.
He walks around me gently.

 

"You know you're exasperating?" He said.

 

"Why... because i don't let you have the last word?"

 

A smile appears on his magnificent lips. He leans his head slightly to the side.

 

"I always have the last word, Miss Son.."

 

"If that's what you like to think.. but you happens to be wrong sometimes, sir."

 

"What insolence!... i could shut you up so easily!"

 

I let out a mocking laugh.

 

"For that, you'd have to gag me."
I regret my words as soon as they're spoken. I spoke too fast.

 

"I wouldn't make such a proposition if i were you, i may take it at face value." His words leave me speechless! I feel a wave of heat rising in me and i turn my eyes away so as to hide what i'm feeling.

 

He smiles, well aware of the effect that this provocative statement could trigger in me ...

 

"I'm joking Miss Son, but you have to admit you were asking for it."

 

He moves slightly away, his eyes fixed on me, waiting for my reaction. His satisfied smirk irritates me. I wish i could shut his mouth once and for all.

 

"Same old habit of playing around with people, huh?" I try to brave myself.

 

His smile fades. He looks at me sideways as if challenging me to say it again.

 

"I don't think so, i'm sure." I added.

 

"Beware of appearances, they're often misleading." He said.

 

"Why did you ask me to come, Mr. Kim Jongin?"

 

I should add: if not to satisfy one of your little games.

 

"You really don't know?"

 

My temerity fades slightly as he approaches, slowly, tilting his head to one side.

 

I step back a little but i knock into the closed door.
As my eyes meet his, i find myself gasping for air.

 

"Don't you feel this attraction, miss son?"

 

"Sir .... this is a very bad idea.."

 

"It has nothing to do with your will or mine. It's not in our control nor something we can keep ignoring..." as he says these words, he caresses my cheek, then slides his hand behind my neck.

 

My heart is about to explode.

 

Before i have time to say anything, his lips crush mine...

 

His body weighs against mine, jamming me between him and the door. I let myself go to the delightful sensation.

 

His hands feel my hips,while he winds his tounge around mine. I grab his neck in my hands enticing him to kiss me even more passionately.

 

There's only our hastened gestures, our stifled groans, our blazing skins...

 

For a moment, he pulls away from my embrace.

 

"Gently miss..."

 

I can barely breathe. I look at him sideways, frustrated. "You never lose control, do you?"

 

He smile. "Never."

 

"Aren't you contradicting that assertion right now?" I said.

 

I scarcely have time to finish before he's back on me again, teasing my lips with his. My hands grasp his body, exploring eagerly.

 

I arch my back to feel his kisses more deeply. My desire is so strong that nothing else matters at this instant.

 

We are reaching a point of no return ...
Do i really want to...?
There is still time to stop.

 

Our breath is short. He puts his forehead on mine and a lascivious smile comes to his lips.

 

"Do you know how desirable you are right now?" His voice is hoarse, filled with desire.

 

He brushes his large hands over my shoulders taking my jacket off.

 

I bite my lip when his fingers touch my curves through the fabric of my blouse.

 

I quickly rid him of his jacket, letting it fall to the ground whilst pulling on his tie.

 

I open the collar of his shirt, touching the firm muscles of his chest, while my tounge searches again his.

 

My heart is pounding. I'm overcome with explosive mixture of fear and desire. Giving myself to my boss in this way, here in his office troubles me.
But i've lost all reason. And i don't want it to comeback!

 

Suddenly he grabs my hands and locks them behind my back.
His mouth runs along my neck as his body weighs against my hips.

 

I bend back, offering him my neck. I want him to take possesion of every centimetre of my skin.

 

I have never so desired a man's caress as at this moment. I'm obsessed with the thought of where he'll touch me next.

 

He takes my lips in a soft and tender kiss ...
His mouth ventures to the nape of my neck then it comes to nibble the lobe of my ear.

 

I let out a small groan in surprise.

 

"Shuuusshh...." His voice no more than a whisper, sliding through my tingling nerves.

 

At last, he releases his grip and passes his hands under my skirt feeling my thighs.

 

He lifts me easily from the ground and wraps my thighs around his waist. My shoes fall to the floor and i lose the little self-control i had left.

 

The idea of giving myself to him like this makes me lose my mind.

 

I tighten my legs.

 

There's no way he can escape me now.

 

I feel his lips stretch into a smile. He knows very well what he's doing to me and the state in which it's putting me.

 

"Ssshh... stay quiet, i'm in control." He said in a whisper.

 

"That's what you think, sir..."

 

He let out a small sigh.

 

"What could i do to this insolent mouth...?"

 

"I think i have an idea." I said provokes him.

 

"You have no idea what i'm going to do to you, Miss Son... None."

 

My heart hammers in my chest. This naughty promise rids me of all restraint. I groan and close my eyes as his hands slide up under my skirt.

 

"So many times have you challenged me and so many times have i imagined this moment..." he said.

 

To think that this Adonis, come straight out of modern-day romance, could fantasise about me makes me feverish.

 

"Be quiet and kiss me, Boss."

 

"You are not in a position for giving me orders."

 

"Do you really want us to go into that, sir?" My voice is ironic, playful.

 

"No, not tonight."

 

He pulls briskly away from the door, taking a few steps back, dropping me onto the leather sofa in the corner of the room.

 

He leans over me, his eyes burning with desire...
"Tonight, i'm going to shut you up."

 

"Make me."

 

I know that perhaps i am making monumental mistake by giving myself to this man, but nothing can calm the fire that's blazing inside me at this moment, if not Kim Jongin .....