14. Jealousy (1)

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

Today i'm meeting Hyuna at the mall. I left my multi-billionaire lover in the late afternoon yesterday...
Remembering our carnal games sends heatwaves across my body.

I would liked to see him again today but he wasn't free. My inner critic can't help but gloat and repeat that now he's had what he wanted from me, he's gonna resume his normal life in search of another prey.

"Hey!!" Hyuna calls me. I start like an idiot. "Are you mulling over expensive dresses?"

"No,no, i was quietly waiting for you!" My friend is smiling again, which is nice to see.

"I absolutely must find a silk blouse. Mine is getting old !" Hyuna said.

Silk. Tie. Jongin.....

My brain making funny associations. "And for me, a pretty négligé." I look at Hyuna with a satisfied smile on my lips.

"Oh, oh .... Who's the lucky guy?"

I glance around quickly as if somebody might be listening to us or worse spying on us. "Kim Jongin."

Hyuna burst out laughing. "Kim Jongin?"

"Yes, that's right, Jongin."

I think i just made my girl friend's brain bug.

"You're kidding me right?"

"No, i promise you that what we did together was no joke at all."

"Dammit Naeun!!" Hyuna cursed. She seems speechless for a few second. "You can't just spill it out like that, in the middle of the shopping mall!! You're gonna have to tell me all about it!"

"Where shall i start? At the office or in his loft apartment?" I was being naughty.
This time she's gawking. I burst out laughing.

"Hold on a second ... when did this happen?"

"After our night out. I got a text message from him asking me to join him at his office."

"You mean to say, he openly askes you over to his office for late night in an empty building?" Hyuna said disbelieved.

"Well... it didn't seem so obvious at the time but ... yes."

"........" Hyuna didn't say a word. She keep silent.

"Breathe Hyuna, i wouldn't want you to faint because of me."

"Ok, so while i was sitting through my training course on a saturday morning, Madam here was enjoying herself with mister intense! How unfair!"

"Sorry..." I put on a sorry face.

"Seriously ... i knew you had the hots for him, but didn't think for one second that....." she paused.

"What that i could be so easy. That your very good girlfriend should have it away with her boss?" My tone is aggresive. I feel like Hyuna's judging me!

"No, it's just that... i didn't think you were ready to cross the line with him. You're so cautious and thoughtful usually..."

"Just say that i actes rashly, Hyuna. Pfftt, i shouldn't have told you about it!" I pretend to leave, annoyed.

"Hey! Calm down! That's not what i said! What's wrong with you?" Hyuna grabs me by the arm. She looks sorry.

"What's wrong is that i just wanted to tell you about it, not be judge!"

She smiles at me tenderly."Naeun ... Since when i judge you... i mean, i'd have a nerve?"

I suddenly feel stupid. Hyuna has always been there for me, supporting me, and now i'm behaving like a spoilt ."Sorry... it's just that ... i mean it was incredible, like .... really incredible .... but ... but i don't know what now?"

"You think for him it was just one-night thing?"

"Well ... At the time ... That's what i thought ... Until he invites me over to his house and we spent the night and almost the whole of yesterday together."

"What do you feel?" Hyuna said.

"I want to seem him again ... I miss his arms already ..."

"Yeah ... you're hooked."

"Chances are, yes."

Hyuna puts an arms around my shoulders inviting me to walk with her. "Let's start by finding a nice little cafe where we can chat. Our shopping spree can wait!"

***

 

I haven't seen Jongin today. I pack my things up and take a look at the city that's putting its nightclothes on.

 

In the lobby, i notice the light coming from my handsome CEO's office. My heart starts to pound. The sensations he gave me coupled with the endless hours spent without him have left my body craving.

 

Before entering, i hesitate for a moment.
I decide to adopt a professional attitude. People are still about at this hour, and ... i wouldn't want him to take me for what i'm not.

 

As i enter, he's sat in front of his computer screen. His eyes are fixed on me with that bewitching intensity that only he has.
His piercing eyes are gifted at stripping me , i let out a shuddered breath.

 

"Oh, miss son..."

 

"Sir..." i walk up to his desk while he watches me, trailing his fingers along the edge of his desk. My breathing is getting shakier.

 

Gently, his eyes move along my waist and then onto my hips. "Pretty skirt." He said while his lips strecth into a greedy smile. I know exactly what he's alluding to it makes me blush at once.

 

"I was just bringing you a file, sir." I rearrange a lock of hair and drop the documents onto his desk. With a slow and calculated move, i slide them over to him. I arch my brow. "What did you expect?" My voice is mellow, smooth. A sweet temptation ...

 

He stays silent for a few seconds, his eyes riveted to the pages i just gave him. Then he leans against the back of his leather seat, smoothing his tie down.

 

His lips curl into a brief, satisfied smile leaving no doubt about his ulterior motives. This sends me straight back to our naughty little games the other day...

 

He has that disconcerting, insolent confidence of a man who's already won the game. If it were someone else i'd find it annoying but with him, it's terribly y.

 

"With you, i like to expect anything..." answered him.

 

I let out a mocking laugh, turning my back on him walking a few steps, trying to resume a little self-confidence.

 

I hear the rustling of leather. When i turn around he'a very close. dangerously close. He leans his head to the side and his eyes have that twinkle, the look of a hunter cornering his prey.

 

"Sir, mister CEO ... we're in your office ..."

 

Usually, as the gazelle detects danger, she runs, but the chase is too exciting for me to move ...

 

"Yes, and i remember all too well what we did in this very office, the last time we were together here..." he teased me.

 

"Oh? Perhaps you could refresh my memory ... I can't seem to remember whether it was over here or ... over there ...?" I'd play along. I put my forefinger in front of my closed lips, while my eyes go from the desk to the couch.

 

His eyes darken and i feel their full power pressing down on me. "Don't you know that you're playing a dangerous game right now, young lady...?"

 

Of course, yess..

 

He gives me a moment's respite, pressing his forehead against mine, his eyes blazing.

 

"You know what happens when you look at me like that?" He lifts me up easily then drops me almost brutally down on his desk.

 

I warp my hands around the back of his powerful neck, my breath is short. His hands are cupping my thights. I feel the cool touch of his jacket brush against my skin.

 

I tighten my grip around his waist with my legs and try to control my breathing. "Jongin-ah ... There could still be people around..." It's insane how very not convinced i sound! I could easily replace it with: "Jongin, stop talking and take me here and now."

 

Since the beginning, he's been constantly breaking down the barriers of general propriety that i may have built. To such an extent that i no longer recognise myself.
Forgetting, my general good sense and moderation ...

 

"One word, Naeun, and i let you leave quietly ..." He whispers in a warm and incredibly y voice as he slides a hand up along my thigh. Every inch of my skin reacts to the deep, husky tone of his voice.

 

"You really want to let me go ...?" My voice is as soft as a caress and i close my eyes, waiting for his mouth to own mine.

 

"Don't speak to me like that..."

 

"Like what?"

 

"With that voice, it makes me want to do things that would make you aroused in no time ..."

 

I bite down on my bottom lip, letting out a low groan. My whole body is in pain, so much my desire for him is strong.
I'm not able to take control. He has an upper hand on me, an ascendancy over my body and my emotions ...

 

Suddenly there's a knock at the door!!

 

I come crashing back to reality! A sudden shot of adrenaline runs down my spine.

 

"The evening is most certainly not over, Miss Son ..." Jongin whispers in my ear as he quickly helps me down from his desk and readjusts his jacket.

 

"Come in!"

 

I barely have time to adjust my skirt or to smooth my blouse down, that Chanyeol is already in the room.

 

I clear my throat, moving away from Jongin.

 

"Good evening, Mr. Kim."

 

"Good evening Mr. Chanyeol."

 

As for me, i let out a pathetically squeaky good evening, in a suspiciously shrill voice.
Chanyeol stares at me for a moment, puzzled.

 

All is well, there's no need to worry ... he's looking at me like a colleague would, that's all.

 

I'm sure i'm as white as a ghost. Naeun! Get a grip!

 

"I ... i was just giving Jjong... Mr. Kim... A file... I'll leave you, gentlemen..."

 

"Stay Miss Son, I asked Mr. Park to join us because you're going to be working together on a project ..."

 

What?? He knew Chanyeol was coming?

 

He looks at me mischievously, then looks back at Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol nods like a good little soldier, while i glare silently at Jongin.
But he remains impassive, most probably very proud of his little game.

 

"Please take a seat." He walks around his desk letting his fingers slide along the wood evoking lustful pictures of his hands on my body in my mind ...

 

"I rather stand." I said

 

He sits down, smooting his tie down, looking at me amused.

 

"As you please, Miss Son..."

 

Chanyeol steps forward and sits on the seat next to me. He glance at his phone before folding his hands over his knees.

 

I suddenly feel a litle ridiculous, standing as straight as a ramrod next to these two men who are sitting down quietly.

 

I throw a sideaways glance at Jongin and quietly sit down on the seat near me.

 

I elegantly cross my legs, making my skirt creep up my legs. You wanna play? Lets play.

 

"A group of Chinese investors are coming next week. They are intersted in investing in our rig in the Persian Gulf ... I would like you to update the NDA."

 

Chanyeol nods, while i desperately try to make my brain switch into work mode.

 

"I also need the detailed business plan for the audit. And of course, prepare the data room."

 

I am both shocked and fascinated too see Jongin can switch from one personality to another so fast and so easily!
A minutes ago he had the leading role of the passionate lover, and now he's a ruthless businessman.
While i'm still struggling to get a grip on myself!!

 

"Miss Son ... Are you listening?" Two mischievously twinkling, brown eyes are staring at me.

 

Bastard, you know exactly where i am cause it's where you left me!

 

"Uh ... yes, yes." I tried to stay calm, but failed.

 

"You look hot ... Shall i open a window?"

 

I open my eyes wide for an instant, silently asking, "Do you really dare?"

 

"Is there a problem with your air conditioning? It feels much hotter here than in my office ... but i'm okay, thank you." I said in the same tone.

 

Meaning: i know how to get a grip on myself, my friend...

 

I glance over at Chanyeol. He seems totally indifferent. I feel reassured, he doesn't seem to have noticed anything.

 

"Well, it's getting late. We'll discuss the matter further, in two days. Thanks to both of you."

 

Without a second thought, i get up and leave the office in Chanyeol's wake. If he thinks that after his little act i'm gonna stay a minute longer, he's entirely mistaken!

 

"Miss son ..." he suddenly calls my name. Damn ... "Just a minte please..."

 

Without turning around, i quietly close the door to his office, letting Chanyeol leave alone.

 

I know very well that my head gonna be spinning in no less than a minute and that he'll get what he wants from me... yes, the ing seasson is on the go.. and this is my most anticipated moment...

 

***

 

I haven't seen Jongin at all today. He didn't sent an email either. No sign of him at all. Actually, apart from Chanyeol i haven't seen anyone.

 

Hyuna had a meeting with Jessi and her boss, Sehun was busy with his new colleague, and as for Kyungsoo ... well, i don't really see myself spending time alone with kyungsoo.

 

So i stayed focus on my slides for the presentation of the business plan to the group of chinese investors.

 

It's already night time when i finally pack my things up.
For a moment i think back to last night, and i wonder if i really want to make a habit joining Jongin in his office in the evening.

 

I don't know which one of my conflicting inner voices to listen to. One keeps repeating that i'm just an assistant he has fun with after work. And after the other reassures me: reminding me that after all, he wouldn't have invited me to his house. We wouldn't have share that tender moment in his loft apartement if i was just another one of his conquests..

 

I sigh turning my office light out and close the door. One day i'll manage to quiet my conscience.

 

As usual, Jongin's in. I notice the light filtering the glass door. As i pass by, i hear a female voice chuckling. I immediately stiffen up as if i'd just heard Krystal. But it's not her.
Too curious for my own good, i decide to knock on the door.

 

As i enter the room, i see the elegant figure of a woman sitting with her back to me, facing MY Jongin.

 

Beautiful jet-black hair flows down to an obnoxiously slim waist and i recognise the characteristic red soles of Louboutin's stilettos.

 

Jongin is starring at me, waiting.

 

"Miss Son, something you wanted to see me about...?"

 

Yes, i wanted you.

 

Struck dumb, my mouth hangs open but no sound comes out. I must look like a washed up goldfish or a cooked whelk. Whichever.

 

The young woman turns slightly in my direction. Her fave is stunning. Almond shaped eyes, a perfect mouth and small dimples that emphasise her smile.

 

I'm really not bothered at all! She could even look like Seolhyun, for all i care!

 

That's what my reason tells me. But internally, i'm fighting against the venom of jealousy.

 

"Miss..???" Jongin is losing patience, while i stare, a little too obviously at his guest.

 

She must be in her early thirties and exudes unbelievable class. The kind of woman i've always dreamed of resembling, without success.

 

"I ... i've been working on that project you entrusted Chanyeol and I with."

 

He looks at me, a little circumspect. "Very good, thank you. You may go home now."

 

You can go home now? Am i bothering you, or what?!!

 

I stay stunned, a hand still on the door. The young woman turns back away, obviously not interested. Yes, sorry i'm just an employee..

 

"Close the door behind you, Miss Son. Thank you."

 

I should just go, otherwise, this woman's gonna think i'm mad and Jongin won't like witnessing my little bout of jealousy.

 

Yet the way he talked to me as if i were just some random employee hurts me somewhat...

 

More particularly, that he be alone with a beautiful young woman in his office, right Naeun..?

 

I sigh a big sigh before reaching the elevator.
In the elevator i nervously rub my hands together.

 

I have to snap out of it ... Jongin is allowed to have appoinment with other woman!!
What's my problem?

 

Oh, that's pretty obvious ... i'm just addicted, addicted, addicted, fanatical about Jongin. I can't stand the fact that he spends time with somebody else.

 

I'd do well to take a wider view on things if i don't want to lose myself in this obsession!

 

In the meantime, my ego has just taken blow!

 

When the doors of the elevator open onto reception, i take a deep breath. What if i stopped analysing everything for a second?

 

Outside, i see the limousine. A familiar silhouette leaning against the wall attracts my attention.

 

Taemin is smoking, staring into a space.

 

"Hi, Taemin." I greet him

 

"Good evening." He response.

 

"On a break? Would you like a drink?"

 

"No sorry, i'm waiting for Mr. Kim."

 

"When i left him, he was with a very elegant brunette in his office. It's the first time i see her here actually." Something in my voice translates my exasperation.

 

Taemin looks at me a little surprises and tokes on his cigarette. "Well, they often see each other here."

 

"Really?" I realise that my curiosity is suspicious and my voice a little too trembling for my inquiry to be innocent.

 

He throws his cigarrete to the ground and stubs it out with the toe of his shoes, blowing the smoke out. "He regularly sees this person after work. I have to drive them to the restaurant. Did your evening go well the other night, at Mr. Kim's?" Taemin smile almost wickedly.

 

His he in a huff? Is he lecturing me? Why does he look so irritated?

 

"We had to work on an important file." i lied.

 

"Oh ..." taemin said in respon. It's obvious that Taemin' not fooled. I know he knows. But i feel that what i do witj Jongin is no concern of his.

 

I have the unpleasant feeling that Taemin is mad with me. As if i'd disappointed him. Was he hoping for something to happen between us?

 

Somehow i feel bad. I like him ... i had a good time with him. Unlike Jongin, everything seemed simple. He's a man with integrity. But a small inner voice tell me to cut this conversation short. "I ... i have to go. Good evening Taemin."

 

He nods at me taking his phone out of his pocket.

 

As i go to order a taxi, someone calls out to me.

 

"Miss Son!" It's Chanyeol, he comes up to me sounding slightly out of breath, his cheeks a little pink. "After such a busy day, would... would you like to go eat somewhere?"

 

I look at him. He seems embarrasses. His lack of assurance is ...

 

"Uh ..." suddenly i see Jongin, with the young woman. They're leaving the building.

 

Taemin greets the two courteously and leads them to the limousine. Jongin is very gentlemanly, as usual. The brunette gives him her best smile.

 

If my eyes were flamethrowers, she'd already be charred on the spot!
I would nevertheless take care of removing her louboutin shoes first. It would be sacrilege to burn such jewels.

 

Jongin spots me pretty quickly. His look goes from me to Chanyeol several times.

 

I'd like that seeing me with Chanyeol makes him as jealous as I am to see him with that beautiful woman. But i should wake up, he probably doesn't give a .

 

Without losing countenance, i give Chanyeol my best smile. "Of course, i know a small restaurant, very close to here which makes very good pasta, do you like pasta?"

 

Chanyeol smiles at me. He seems far from imagining that there's anything going on between me and our boss ... "Perfect! Let's go!"

 

We both set off, while i feel Jongin's glare on our back. We have our conversation about our work.

 

Suddenly he shout, "Oh, be careful!" Chanyeol pulls me towards him quickly to avoid me hitting a guy skating!

 

I find myself pressed up against him, my nose almost rubbing his neck. Finding myself pressed up against him, makes me feel uncomfortable. The sudden proximity is strange. He's my colleague, and i don't want to see things otherwise.

 

"Are you okay...? His voice wakes me up.

 

"Yes ... yes... Thank you!" I straighten up awkardly. Chanyeol looks embarrassed too.

 

"Phew! I came close to kissing the ground!" I laugh nervously trying to relax the atmosphere.

 

We walk a little more to the restaurant. We order our food and we talk more about ourself outside the office. He's really fun and charming guy. I like talking with him.

 

"Excuse me, i have to make a call." Chanyeol said between our conversation.

 

"Go for it..." i see hi get up and get out of the restaurant. Through the glass, i watch him pacing back and forth nervously running a hand through his hair.

 

When he finally comes back, he stares at me, looking embarrassed. "Are you ok ...?"

 

"I ... i'm sorry ... i have to go to the hospital ..." he stares down at his phone. I feel he's sincerely sorrt about it.

 

"The hospital?! My God, is everything okay?!"

 

"Yes ... it's just ... i'm really sorry ... i really have to go ..."

 

"Don't worry about me!"

 

He gives me a grateful smile. Obviously, he's relieved to see that i'm not taking it badly.
"Can i get you taxi?"

 

"No, it's nice of you, but i'll eat here and walk home."

 

"I'm really sorry Miss son."

 

"It's nothing. Are you sure everything's okay?"

 

"Yes." He gives me one last shy smile, then turns and quickly walks away.

 

I look at the other customers, jaded. Meanwhile, tonight, i'm gonna have a head-to-head with myself! Yoohoo!!

 

*****

 

When i get back to the apartement i sulk to myself. This evening was a real bummer ...

 

I go to see my hamster, he's roaming in his cage. Poor thing, it's been a while since i spent a little time with him.

 

Suddenly my phone beeps. Who can that be at this hour?

 

My heart beats faster, i hope it's Jongin ... i imagine him arriving, drunk with jealousy, ready to take back what's his. But that only happens in dramas. In reality, he's probably having a very good time with his brunette stunner ...

 

I dig into my bag looking for my phone.
I blink several times as i read the message.

 

Mr. Intense : did you enjoy your evening with Mr. Park?

 

He can't be serious ...? Is this another one of his little games? What does it matter to him that i spend an evening with Chanyeol?
Neither one or the other. I reply,

 

Me: "And you, your dinner with the beautiful brunette?"

 

I sit on the sofa, amazed. If he thought he could hide his little date with Miss Louboutin from me, he got it wrong! There's nothing he can say to me after that.

 

Mr. Intense : "Oh, you mean my financial advisor that you were eyeing up?"

 

His ... what ...? I burst out laughing. No kidding! Her? His financial advisor? Generally, that's an old guy in suit.

 

I feel really ridiculous to have jumped to conclusions so fast... That's why he sees her regularly after work ... i presume he goes through personal stuff with her.

 

Me : "Very classy, for a financial advisor."

 

I can't help provoking him. A matter of principle. one must hold his head high.

 

Mr. Intense : "what are you wearing?"

 

I let out a sharp chuckle. Does he really want to play that game?

 

Me : "you know exactly the same outfit as when you chased me out of your office as if i were just another underling."

 

I wait for him to reply, heart pounding. Maybe it'll upset him, but i still haven't got over the way he spoke to me...

 

Minutes go by and still no answer...

 

Oh dear, have i gone too far..?

 

Just as i start feeling discouraged, a new text arrives.

 

Mr. Intense : "If i didn't have a call to make to Japan, you'd already be screaming my name."

 

Blushing like a teenager, i type in my answer, giggling nervously.

 

Me : "You're very sure of yourself ..."

 

I stay riveted to the screen, eager to read his reaction.

 

Mr. Intense : "I have my areas of expertise."

 

I laugh out loud.

 

Me : "Sir, i think a cold shower in your marble bath will do you the greatest good, before you make your call."

 

I imagine his grin when he reads my message, and i feel quite titillated.
I know somebody else who's gonna have to dive into a tub filled with ice cubes!

 

Mr. Intense : "It's only postponed, see you tomorrow, young lady..."

 

There seems nothing innocent about his "tomorrow" and i already know that he's reserving me some naughty games of his own ...

 

And so ... like i was saying ... how about that cold shower ...

 

****