17.

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

I don't want you to worry about me... When you're successful you make enemies, that's the way it is."

I pout at him dubiously. He looks at me softly almost tenderly. "I have everything under control, now please... Promise me just to enjoy this evening." His eyes are so confident and reassuring that I manage to relax a little. Plus, Taemin's not far.

"No doubt you know...?" Jongin smile at me, inviting me to look at what he's pointing at. I recognise the sign in a flash and I can't help bit look at Jongin with big smile on my lips.
We're at the top floor of Lotte Hotel, standing outside of the Michelin three star chef, Pierre Gagnaire,undoubtedly one of the most famous chefs. Of course, I know! How could I not know?! I try to refrain from hoping up and down on the spot like a little girl in front of Jongin, but I'm just dying to throw myself into his arm!

"Really...? But it's just impossible to book a table unless you call weeks in advance!"

He smiling at me looking satisfied. Yes, I had forgotten all about the Kim effect. I must say that the episode on the car is quickly put into the background when I religiously tread on the soil of this temple gastronomy! I can feel Jongin observing me, as I examine the place in detail bright-eyed, holding a hand on my chest. "Jongin... You're crazy..."
I whispered this without ceasing to look at the place.

He puts a hand around my waist inviting me to walk forwards. I don't know if it's the endless waiting, the beauty of this place or he here presence, but my body electronic at his touch and my heart races. A young man wearing a suit gives us a warm smile. He bends over alightly, one hand on his waist holding the other behind his back.

"Madam, sir... Welcome to Pierre Gagnaire ã Seoul. Can I take your coats?" I feel like I'm floating two thousand meters above the ground, as I hand him my jacket. "Shall I take your bags, miss?"

"Oh... Here you go.." I rather give it to him, it's out of the question that I lose half a second of my time with a call or text. My bag and my phone will stay away from me!

He puts our belonging away in an elegant wooden wardrobe, before inviting us to follow him. "Mr. Kim, we have saved our best table for you." He beckon us to follow. We cross a sumptuously decorated room. Both designer and chic. Neither too much not too little. Nothing is left to chance. It's the key to any grand restaurant. Everything is there to sublime the guesy's sensayions : No false note. It's difficult not to compare things to Jongin. It's like kind of place that is made to his measure.

The young man takes me outnofy reverie as he invites me to sit down on the seay he's just pulled out for me. I don't know where to rest my eyes so much the place is beautiful and so much I can't get over it. If one day is been told that I would dine alone with the town's iest multi-billionaire businessman in the city's most expensive restaurant, I think I would have burst out laughing.

I have to keep a cool head and not let myself consumed by all this luxury. It's not my life, it's somebody else's.

A very neatly dressed waiter approaches us with a magnificent silver tray carrying two flutes of champagne. He delicately places the crystal glasses on our table. He secretly disappears, leaving us alone in the alcove.

Jongin is looking at me attentively. I can't help but asked him, "What's the matter?

"Your eyes are glimmering, your very..... Stirring."

Why, is it that in Jongin's mouth, these two short sentence ring like a thousand lustful bells? I clear my throat writhing in my chair. He gently takes his champagne flute and holds it up to me. I quickly do the same.

"This evening promises to be delicious..."he said.

"To delight, here and now and that to come." I provoked him. He raises mischievous eyes up at me, and a mutinous smile spreads across his mouth. He knows very well what I am referring to. I refrain from letting out a moan of pleasure when the sparkling golden liquid trickles down my throat. I try to ignore the uncontrollable heat that is rising between my legs as his brown eyes fix me hungrily. I return his look, passing my tounge very gently over my lower lip and hitting it slightly. No matter where we are, there's always this sensual tension between us.

The waiter comes back carrying a tray with two small verrines, beautifully presented. He places the two wonders in front of each of us. My eyes fill with avidity. "A little appetizer before your meal." He then turns to Jongin. "Would you like wine with your dinner?"

"I leave it to your chef to choose his best bottle that'll enchance tonight's menu.

One thing's for sure, I daren't imagine the price of what he calls his best bottle...

" very well, enjoy your meal madam, sir."

I stare at the terrine, while the waiter walks away, I think I study it from every angle.
Jongin sighs in amusement. "Madam the passionate is at work." He let's a smile longer on his lips as he rearranges his cufflinks to straighten the sleeves of his shirt a little.

"You invite me to one of the best restaurants in the world! What did you expect?" I get back to my inspection ignoring the kind, but mocking look on my beautiful lover's face.

"You know that there's no set menu here?"

"Of course! The menu is put together the very day by the chef, according to his findings at the market and his desire..."

"A real connoisseur... Just what I suspected..."

I smile at him. I'm simply over the moon. "I... I'm very touched that you thought of this restaurant, I know it's not by chance."

"I leave nothing to chance, Miss Son."
His gaze is so intense that I suddenly feel intimidated. "Plus, I told you already, I also have some knowledge in gastronomy.."

"I have to admit that I'm very pleasant surprised."

We both take a bite in silence.

"Is there anything that makes the great Kim Jongin vibrate, outside of the great restaurant, gala evening and the world of business?" I arch an eyebrow in his direction, smirking.

"Without hesitation, your curves."

I almost choke and drop my spoon! It's Jongin all over. Always and forever provoking.! "No, seriously, Jongin.."

"Oh, but I'm being serious..."

Now I'm sure I'm blushing like a tomato.

"I like extreme sport, it's way I have of connecting with my father."

I gently straighten up, all ears. She a man like Jongin gives you information about his life, however deleting it may be, you have to catch it. I let him talk so as to not hinder his confidence. A whole range of emotions oass through his grey eyes. Difficult to know what's going on inside this beautiful head, so much he makes sure he stays in control of everything.

"My father does when I was two years old in an accident. He was climbing a glacier and he had a bad fall."

"Oh... I'm sorry.."

"Don't be. I know that right up to the las moment he made the most of every second. I know he did doing what he liked, he was a free man."

Is this why Jongin's always pushing the boundaries of success a little further?

For a moment, my heart tightens and a strange feeling comes over me. Was dad serene too? I mean... I'd never looked at things that way.

"I got to know him with the help of all his old photos and his travel diaries." I listen eagerly. I picture for a moment, the young Jongin plunged into his father's stories while others are lucky enough to have their dad around. This thought breaks my heart. "He was an exceptional man, a fascinating man, one of a few."

"You followed In his footstep then."

He look at me, a tender smile yet tinted with sadness on his face. "Success, money... All the things that one collects are just pipe dreams. The true freedom of a man is in his heart."

I'm surprised by this hint of nostalgia. Jong in showing himself to he vulnerable? This is a first. "Yet that you have done and all that you continue to do is also in the hope of helping others. Your father was most probably a free man, but you are a good man."

I address him with gentleness. I think back to that evening where he was serving soup to the homeless. He's not only a rich man, he 's also a generous man. As if he understood the impact of his last words, and the vulnerable position I'm which it puts him, he straigtens up and gives me a beautiful smile.

"I like collection of racing cars, I like the way I feel when I'm driving them."

And there he goes, changes the subject and regains control.

"I'll have to take you for a tide outside the city in my Aston Martin one of these days." He winked at me.

"I'd loved to.." Imagining Jongin at the wheel of powerful car, rushing down highways makes me feel feverish.