41.

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

chapter 41.

 

       as I open my eyes I let out a little groan when I realize that Jongin is no longer under the sheets next to me. I turn on my back, it's still dark. The stars shining in the sky and reflecting on the dark and calm surface of the sea.
I reach for my phone clumsily on the night table, it's only 3 am. I rub my eyes and sit up on the edge of the big bed. I quickly slip my little camisole on. My bare feet upon the wooden floor.
The bay window is ajar. I decide to go that way to the terrace. Jongin is standing bare-chested, leaning against one of the big wooden pillars of the terrace. The scene was so damn beautiful that I want to open my camera phone to take this magnificent picture. He looks so serious and concentrates on looking into his phone.
What is he doing at this hour? Maybe he just couldn't sleep.
I tiptoed towards him so as not to surprise him.

"Jongin?" I called his name faintly but sure he heard that.

When he sees me, his face softens almost immediately. "Naeun, what are you doing here? You're going to catch a cold."

He puts his phone down on the coffee table and walks towards me to embrace me. The warmth of his arms is always so pleasant to me that I huddle against him, sighing with pleasure.

"Why aren't you in bed, jongin?" I sound like grumbling, my nose pressed against his chest, breathing in deep of his smell.

"I woke up, I watched you sleep, and I got up and won't wake you up. And then I wasn't feeling sleepy anymore."

I watch him for a moment, hesitant. "Why, are you having trouble sleeping?"

"I don't know... I often do." He looks at me tenderly making me melt.

"What were you doing? Is everything alright?"  I glance at his phone since the phone light is on signaling there is a message.

"Yes, everything's fine. Sometimes i work a bit at night. I make the most of my insomnia."

"You're like a vampire, don't you?" I jokingly tell him.

His lips stretch into an adorable embarrassed little smile. "My brain never stops. I sometimes need to get up at night to think. Or sometimes I find the solution to a problem and I have to note it right away."

I let out a little sheer at myself. "When I get up at night, I struggle to coordinate my movement. So thinking or finding enlightened would be impossible for me! You're something else, jongin-ah.."

He kisses my forehead gently, smirking and looking down into my eyes he said, "maybe because you're a real little sleepy head."

I chuckle at this comparison. It's true that it pretty well sums me up. "A little sleepy head... It suits me pretty well. And that would make you a night bird. Are you coming back to bed?"

"No, I'm going to stay here a little longer. I don't need much sleep, there or four hours are enough for me."

"You're an alien in the body of an adonis in fact, right? Or you really coming from the same species as Edward Cullen."

He burst out laughing as he cradles me in his protective arms. "Mmmhh.... I prefer you to see me as an adonis rather than a little green man or a man who blood."

"Even aliens and vampires rest sometimes. Come back to bed, come on.."

He smirked at me after having moved away. "Don't go away, I'll get water for us. Just in case we're thirst or need hydration, I'm afraid we will sweat a lot, again.." He grins an adorable grins.

I smile at him but my heart isn't in it. Something tells me he isn't giving me the truth. At least not the part about tonight. Is it because of bringing me here? Is he having a second thought? I don't want any more lies between us. They hurt me too much.