34.

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

Chapter 34.

Last night, Jongin came up to my apartment. We talked for a long while, and finally I felt a sleep in his arm. When I woke up this morning it was already late. Jongin was gone. He had left me a words ordering me to stay at home and rest. The note was accompanied with croissants.

Needless to say that I gobbled up the latter but disobeyed his first recommendation and came to work in the early afternoon. I prefer to busy my mind rather than dwell on what happen last night.

All of sudden there is a knock on my door. Intake my eyes away from my screen. "Yes, come in!"

Hyuna and Sehun enter the room. They don't look too good. "We just saw the news! When exactly were you planning on telling us?" Hyuna is looking at me, frowning, her hands on her hips, while Sehun watches me holding his hand into his pockets.

I'm a little too surprised by my friends aggressive attitude. "Hello to you too.."

Sehun motion for Hyuna to calm down. She sighs and stare at me, pouting. "Are you okay? We heard about that guy who tried to shoot Jongin." Sehun asked me in concern.

, the news has already circulated in the Seoul papers? What was I expecting? Somebody shot at one of the most influential men in town! 

"No, I...i'm fine.." I feel devastated. They've always been there for me and I didn't even think to warn them. I just came to my office like a robot, like nothing had happened.

Sehun cast a dissaproving look at Hyuna then comes up to my desk. "Are you alright, Naeun? I mean obviously, things weren't very easy for you last night.."

My friend's word comfort me. I put the pen I'm holding down and gently rub my forehead. "It was horrifying... That guy almost shot Jongin in the middle of speech."

"Did you see it all?"

"During the speech, I felt something was wrong... There were a lot of security guards and then... There was this guy who jostled me. After that, everything went so quickly."

My friends stare at me. They both let themselves drop simultaneously into my two visitor seats. "It was just crazy!" Sehun show his disbelieved.

"Yeah... Something worthy of an action movie. The police came, they questioned me but I couldn't help much."

"That's not the newspaper say.." Sehun rubs his chin. I stare at Sehun, puzzled. "You're a star now, angel!" I know he's trying to make me laugh, but I'm not really in the mood. Feeling my discomfort, Hyuna pursues. "They say you came between Jongin and his assailant and that it's thanks to you if he's still alive."

"I just screamed when I found myself face to fave with the guy and saw that he was armed."

"So you got between them? It's no bull?"

"Not really...  Well, yes... It's complicated."

"For God's sake, Naeun! What were you thinking?"

"I don't know..." Oh yes, I do know... I knew very well!

"Meanwhile, the snapshot of you in Jongin's arms is a over the city! Everyone's wondering who the mysterious is that he's holding so closely.." I stare at Sehun, frankly uncomfortable. It's all very well talking about my love stories with Hyuna but with Sehun... It's really weird.

"Well, at least you have the merit of solving the mystery before all Seoul." He looks at me unconvinced. Quite honestly, I don't have the strength to face his question today.

"These newspaper! Always ready for gossip!" Hyuna save my skin. Between girls, we understand each others  fortunately. But i also know that she's not finished with me and that she's going to want us to talked about it later.

"Do they know who the guy was and why he attacked our boss?" Sehun still question me which I found it uncomfortable.

"No... Not at all... The investigation in under way.." I lied. I don't want to involved my friends in this story. I'm already worried as it is for Jongin.

"And....?" He's still has no clue about my state right know. I wish he could once shut his big mouth.

"Sehun, I think you should stop bothering naeun with your questions. We'd better leave her alone." Once again, Hyuna saves my skin. He looks at Hyuna offended. Sehun is adorable, but it's true that for now I just need to forget about it all..