25.

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

This afternoon I decided to meet Hyuna at the mall.  Having dinner at Jongin's is a great excuse for adding a new dress to my wardrobe. After a few minutes, I saw Hyuna talking on the phone, walking towards me. "Yes, yes... We'll call each other back." She smile at me before hanging up. "Or not..."
She have a Little disgusted look at her phone.

"Hiii sweetie!" She call me.

"Hello, was that another of your maltreated men?"

"Ha ha, you bet! I met him at friend's house one night and we met again at The Edge's yesterday. The y....hippie kinda guy you see." I nods in responds. "Anyway, what a disaster! The guy was a real burly. You think yourself Hey, this guy's gonna stay the distance... He's gonna go through all the Kama Sutra position in one night. Well, no! He passes out in full swing! Can you believe it? Like, poor little darling! It was too much for him!"

I burst out laughing at my friend's scandalised face.

"I thought I had Chewbacca on top of me and that he was gonna choke me... I even had to slap him a few times to revive him..."

"So, you like the hairy now, do you?"

"I thought i'd try... Well NEVER again!"

I let out another uncontrolled laugh in front of the surprises looks of some passer-by.

"Anyway, he's hoping, poor thing, that we'll see each other again."

"Poor man... He's got his hopes up on Hyuna's the man cruncher..."

"Seriously, I should check if I haven't been virses, to fall in another wacko every time!"

"Not everytime." I hold back as best I can from bursting into laughter, but it's obviously, obvious.

"Don't be so condescending, Miss I-m-dating-the-iest-boss-in-all-of-Seoul.."

"On that matter......"

"Grrrr..... She's got another saucy story to tell."

I could tell her about our last encounter but I don't think it would be very fair play. "I must find myself a new outfit for Jongin's dinner tonight."

"Another social event??" Hyuna teases, one hand on her hip.

"No, he's invited me over to his. His half sister will be there too."

"Wow, it's getting serious."

"I don't know... It's the first impression he gives me, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high, either."

Hyuna smiles at me, taking my arm in hers. After our shopping spree, we go to have a drink with Hyuna and rest our feet. I'm happy with what I bought! Tonight I'm gonna wear a beautiful black dress, chic and simple, from bebe. With a pretty lace black. I also couldn't resist buying a matching small purse. Hyuna seems concerned as she looks at something on her phone. "Something wrong?"

"No.no.., are you happy with your purchases?"

"Yes, they're perfect! I wanted something classy, but not too chic... I don't want to indie his sister's wrath."

"Why, isn't she nice?"

"Not really, no! I met her at the office and she gave me quite a hard time!"

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, she made me understand that she had her eye on me, she thinks I'm one of those chick's who's only interested in Jongin for his money."

"What a , she certainly doesn't know you very well and you're gonna eat with her? You're too nice!"

"Yeah, I know... Jongin proposed, but I have a bad feeling about it all. After all, we have one thing in common, she wants open a restaurant and I love gastronomy... Maybe it'll help us get off to a better start."

"Myeah... Be careful, she sounds like the kind of girl to play nice I'm front of her brother and stab you from behind."

"Dont worry, it's exactly what I thought. You know me, I don't let myself get pushes around that easily."

"I know you're the kind of person to always try to patch things up, even if it hurts you..."

"I promise, I'll be careful." I wink at her. Hyuna gives me a dubious look. Obviously, she doesn't like Rose too much. But I'm going to have to make do with it, so might as well show will! "You know... I never told you, but... I'm glad I met you."

"Ohh..."

"No, it's true, when I first arrived in this city, I was really lost, I didn't think i find a friend like you."

"You want something or what?" She make a curious face.

"No! No! Can't I tell you I love you!" We laugh them look at each other in silence for a few second. We both know that we can count on one another. I don't know what i'do without my friend Hyuna.

*****

The taxi drops me off in front of Jongin's building, I feel... Rather anxious... I don't know what this evening has in store as the moment approaches, I feel more and more stressed out. In the elevator, my heart's thumping like mad. My hands feel cold and my throat is dry. As the door open onto the large loft apartment, I think I'm breathless.

Breath naeun, breath...

I take a deep breath and move forward. Rose's already there, her back turned towards the kitchen, sitting on one of the bar stools, I think she hasn't noticed me. Tough luck, no sign of Jongin. "Good evening." Rose turns around, her eyes half deliberates onto her mobile screen. I don't really know how to interpret the expression in her pretty hazel eyes.

"Good evening, too." The tone is polite enough, but I can't say whether it's warm or threatening.

Jongin slips up behind me and take a hold of my waist. He lays a kiss on my neck and I jump. "Good evening, my beautiful lady." His presence reassures me right away. I feel less vulnerable. "Roseanne, you have the right to leave your mobile alone..."

The latter rolls her eyes and slides off the stool to stand. I'm amused to note his big brother tone somewhat moralistic, and the blasé attitude of the little sister. "My brother contributes to developing this kind of technology and he's lecturing me. Crazy no?" She addresses a mocking smile to her brother.

"You have a common trait, both of you : insolence." He gives his sister a pat on the head, who takes offence and looks at me out of the corner of her eye.

"Hey, I haven't said anything, yet!" I said disagree.

"Oh... I know it won't be long in coming." He smile at me.

"So, rule number one: never contradict him, he hates it." Rose whispers these words in confidence, twirling her hand. For a moment I might think she's actually trying to help me relax.

"Rule number two, never listen to his sister, he talks nonsense." Jongin said playfully to his sister.

"Ouuchh." Rose mimes a blow to the heart and drags herself over to the couch slumping herself down on it. Jongin grabs a tray of appetizer from the kitchen.

"Make yourself comfortable, naeun." I walk towards the huge corner sofa and sit gracefully beside his sister, I look out at the city shining in the night.  I daren't say anything with Rose. My last defeat has given me cold feet. I put my hands on my knees and start tapping a random rhythm on my skin.

"I love your outfit!" I stare at Rose, a little surprised at her enthusiasm and familiarity.

"Ah... Uh... Thank you." I don't know why but something is keeping me from relaxing... why is she so nice all of sudden? Is it because of her brother?

Jongin puts the tray down to the coffee table in front of us. He serves glasses of wine and arranges several amuse-bouche. If Rose wasn't here i'd and ask him which caterer he bought it all from. But.. I think I'll avoid saying it.

Rose leans eagerly towards the food. She's almost her lips, which makes me smile. "Hmmm what a dream! Plus I'm starving!"

"Gannet!" Jongin said..

I'm surprised she's so cheerful. I really thought she'd act all dreary, suffering through the meal, like a teenager who's forces to go to a family get together. But no... she seems rather happy.

"Where did you get them all, oppa ? At naturally Delicious?" She knows it? I love that caterer! They make delicious berries with all kind of vegetables.

"Yes." Jongin grumbles. If he wanted to pretend he'd prepared everything then it didn't work. But I ignore his reaction to talk to Rose.

"They're awsome! I love their verrines!"

"Yes, and they're super friendly!" While we share our enthusiasm, Jongin looks at us out of the corner of his eyes, smirking.

"And so a "Thank you Jongin, for ordering all this for us three" would be too much to ask?" He said this teasing us.

"Yeah, sure! I bet you got them delivered!" Rose reply with the same tone as his.

He addresses a glance that says a lot to his sister, before fixing his sparkling irises into my eyes. "She's unbearable!"

I can't help but laugh. Those two are very amusing. They're very different, but it seems that the taste for mischievousness is a family trait. If the employee of Kim Corporation saw how casually Rose treats their inaccessible boss, they'd all be speechless.!

**************************************************************