3. Mr. Intense (1)

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

              When i'am home, i prepare a meal on a tray as i read the comment on my cooking blogs, Nino my hamster climbs quickly up to my leg. 

It's so lucky i have this blog, in this town. 
I sometimes feel a little lonely...
So all this people who followed me also provide me with a bit of human presence..

I'am happy to see my lastest recipe for chocolate truffle with strawberry mousse was a real hit. 
I can still remember the face that hyuna made when she first taste it.
I love cooking, it's been a passion of mine since i was old enough to know what gastronomy was. 

I've been fascinated by the subtle harmony,the scene and the beauty of the dishes prepare by renowned chef..
I'am not claiming my skill of cooking are what makes haute cuisine..
but with my blog i share exploration, my desire and my discoveries. 
I'am always on the lookout.
In Seoul, there are lot of excellent restaurant. That's what make this town is so magical. 
Blended influence of every kind!
I decided to quickly treat my comments before going to shower and go to bed. 
Mr. Zhang entrusted us with a project that wore me out!

   

               This morning i almost missed my alarm clock's ring. 
I got ready extra fast. 
I'am wearing a skirt suit that highlighted my legs. 
I put my hair in a bun, it's prctically when you have no time to blow-dry your hair.

The entrance hall at The Kim Corp is as busy as usual, i wave my hands to hyuna who's already hard at work. 
Once in my office, Mr. Zhang call me out when i begin to take my things out. 

"Hello naeun" - he greeted me.

"Hii,how are you?" - I replay while putting a smile.

Mr. Zhang nod giving me one of his big smile amd handing me a file. 
- "Could you take this to Park Chanyeol? I don't have the time to be the secretary myself."

With Yixing and Chanyeol, it's always been a little complicated. 
Yixing doesn't like taking orders, especilly if they're from Chanyeol.

"Err... okay if that helps you out." - I know how busy he's. 

"Thank you, i knew i could count on you. It's on the last floor." - Yixing put his hand on my arm and give me a wink. 

"On the last floor? Mr. Kim's floor??" - I widened my eyes.

"Yeah that's right, you have to give that file to chanyeol, up there."

I must admitted curiousity gets the better of me. It's not that the motive is exhilarating but i finally get the chance to discover the much talked about "last floor" the big boss's HQ. 

"Ok, i'll go."

"Thank's naeun, you're the best!" - Said Yixing winking his eye.

Yixing is a really nice, he's always dispensing his thanks and his encouragement. 
Chanyeol said he's a manipulator but i think the term is a little too harsh.
I watch him walk back to his office, he stoppes off at collague's cubicle office to validate something on the screen.

Sehun turn up carrying his motorbike gear. He look at me with a true smile. 
"Hello angel, where are you going like that?" He askesd still holding his smile.

"Yixing asked me to take this file to Chanyeol."

"Oh.... well if Yixing asked..." - Sehun isn't very fond to my manager, i don't know why.

"It's just a file sehun, and i have to take it to the last floor! The big boss floor!" - Explain me a little too exciting.

"Really? You really have to report back to me! I'am sure that the floor is made of marble and the door is made of gold up there!" - He said wandering.

I burst out in front of sehun's dreamlike expression. 

"Yeahh, and they said when he cough, diamond come out of his butts." - I said jokingly.

"Ahhhh,that... i don't want to know." - Sehun made a stupid expression.

I smiled at sehun teasingly before turning away and walking toward th elevator.
As i reach the last floor and discover the entrance hall, a "wow" falls from my lips. 
No diamonds and gold but the room is huge and very light. It's completely glazed and the floor shines as if someone had spent all night polishing it.

In front of me, a big frame shows the companies name in capital letters. 
As if telling visitors to remember where they are.

Some comfortable leather seats are placed next to a spacious reception desk. 
I don't let myself be too impressed and i walk in a determined manner, over to a young woman sitting beside a desk.

"Hello... please excuse me... i'am looking for Mr. Park." - i said politely.

"At the end of the corridor, third door on the left." - She replayed without glancing over me.

"Ok... thanks.."

I gently knock on the glass door with the inscriptions "meeting room" on it.
I patiently wait for permission to go in. When a voice confirm, i gently walk in to a vast carpeted room. 

Chanyeol is facing me. He seemed surprise to see me. Another men is sitting another side of the huge oval shaped table. Looking at his smartphone.

"Sorry for bothering you, Mr. Zang has asked me to bring this documents up to you." 

"Oh.., thank you Ms. Son." 

As the other men's eyes set on me, it's like monumental slap in the face. A violent blow to the heart. 

Time stops.

My fingers tenses

I feel seized, captivated by the brown iris of the man who's looking at me straight in the eyes.
There's something different about him. Intimidatingly powerful yet gentle. Something that imposes respect ans silence.
I wonderwho this man is... he is a little young to be in a position of responsibility but he most definitely isn't a trainee or a subordinate.

"Miss, the document please??" - Chanyeol voice snaps me out of my torpor. I see him reaching out for the files. I suddenly remember why i'am up here.

"Oh...yess...sorry..." - i said in embarassement.
I don't dare to look back to the other man, worried it would make me lose countenance, so my eyes find refuge on projector at the back of the room. 
It's displaying the menu to a charity dinner, no doubt sponsored by the firm. The great epicurean that i'am can't help but examine the choice of the dishes. 
There's blindingly obvious mistake, an error, an offence to good taste! 

As if my brain had decided to ignore all barriers, i allow myself to declared out loud : 
"Serving scallops with red saumur-champigny wine is nonsene!"

- I regret having said this immediately.

What the hell i'am doing??!!

Chanyeol is starring at me speechless. And i'am as surprised as him!
"Err... i'am sorry i shouldn't bother you any longer" - i said with my regret.

I suddenly very keen on my shoes. As i look down, feeling ashamed. 

The man who intimidates me speak.
"What would you suggest instead to serving with scallops ?" 

"I beg your pardon?"

"You made a remark on the choice of wine. Did you not? Why don't you take a seat and we'll talk about it? please take a seat."

Oh my god,that voice ! Feels like he's sending a little elecrtic shock to my whole body everytime he speak!

There's something terribly y in his deep and clear tone. 
Is it possible to be as charismatic as he is in just a few sentences?
I'am sure my cheeck are pink because my body temperature has soared up a few degrees on the celcius ladder.

He point to one of the chair opposite him. 

"Mr. Kim, i don't believed Ms. Son is..." - chanyeol try to help me out, he know i'am in a little struggles.

But wait.....

Eh?? "Mr. Kim" ??

"It's fine chanyeol, i want to hear what the young lady want to say" - the man who chanyeol called "Mr. Kim" said with the same tone.

Jeez!! Kim?? THE KIM? KIM JONGIN?! The one who's metal initials proudly ornate the whole god damn building??!!

Ok, this time i'am dying.

Have i really just criticised my boss's work before the boss all the bosses? In short before the most powerful guy in the company? 

I quietly take a seat, placing my hands on my knees, my eyes fixing on the screen.
It'a difficult to stay calm in front of mr."intense". But i must keep a cool head if i want to keep my job.
After all, i only said the truth and it was nice of me to bring those documents up to chanyeol.

"Right, finished your presentation, chanyeol. We'll hear Miss son suggestion after that." - Mr. Kim speak.

As soon as he speaks, i feel very small. I'd just like to vanish into the armchair or under the table.
Chanyeol clear his throat and continues his presentation. 

I can feel Mr. Kim's eyes linger on me. The intensity with which he's staring at me makes me highly uncomfortable. 
For a second i imagine his eyes are examining me with the irrepresible desire to punish my insolent mouth...
Especially now that Mr. Kim is wondering who the idiot is that's just opened her big mouth on a subject that doesn't concern her.

I try to concentrated on chanyeol's words who's tirelessly pursuing the presentation that i so elegantly split in two! 
It's about the preparation of charity ball in support of an organisation that works for development of third world countries. 
And of which Kim Corporation is president and sponsore.
It's main concern is bringing humanitarian aid to sub-saharan Africa.

What the hell am i doing here!? Criticising the wine chosen for a charity ball?

Honestly i feel ridiculous..
Our world's contradiction smacks me in the face.
Rich South Korean-ers, helping africans in their fight for survival by making a good impression in social events.

The same wealthy people who wonder what food and wine to serve, whilst over in Africa the people don't know  if they'll eat at all from day to day!
And me and my big mouth in the middle of it all...

"Miss Son, what wine would you suggest?" - Mr. Kim voice interrupted my thought. 

I plunge my eyes into his and again, a vivid electric shock shake my little heart. 

Could someone please bring me an automatic defibrillator? I'am gonna have a heart attack!

I answer trying to cover my shame as could as possible - "frankly, my remark appears to me as quiet superficial now that i know the reason to this... to your charity ball."

Did i really just said that?! What exactly am i trying to do? Get fired???

Chanyeol is looking at me, in a circumspect way. Yes, he's probably asking himself the same thing. No doubt he's wandering already who he'll give my office to. 

Mr. Kim's eyes narrow a little. His mouth slowly opens as he let's slightly moment's silence elapse.
- "I wouldn't be so sure. It's an organising this sort of do that we meet the people susceptible to supporting the actions we need to undertake with every important donation, they must never be dissapointed and so we need to ensure that the evening is one to remember. An event that these people wouldn't miss for the world and that, every year. So, go ahead, we're listening."

I've just been lectured. I guess it's his thing, judging by the way chanyeol seems so tense in his presence..

"go ahead, i'd like to hear what you have to say. Only this time, with a little more arguments.."He's staring at me, defiantly.


I'am gonna have to be convincing. He's deciding on my fate.
I must not let myself get intimidated. After all CEO or  not there are most probably areas where he has a few things to learn. He built a multinational company not a gastronomical restaurant!
I take a deep breath, there is nothing to be afraid of, i know what to answer. I do it everytime on my blog.

"Ahem.. well... red saumur wine isn't a deal. Even if it's supple. It's nonetheles tannic and could crush the scallop's savour rather than enchan it, if you want to stay with a french wine, i would choose a white chateau larrivet haut-brion. It's nose is intense and subtle evolving into yellow fruity notea. It's hint of vanilla will leave a fresh and creamy impression in the mouth which will blend perfectly with the delicate taste of the scallop. And if i may... serving the scallops with a truffle flavoured sauce would be perfect. Or maybe a premier cru Chablis with honey and vanilla, would go perfectly with the delicate taste of the scallops." 
- i stay speechless before Mr. Kim's knowledge of the subject. I have to say that he can hold his own when it comes down to french wine. 

"You're a real connoisseur Ms. Son?" 

"No... simply passionate about the good things in life."

"Very interesting.." he claimed

We're now facing each other like two duellists.
He's on my ground. I could go on with this subject for hours almost forgetting about chanyeol's presence.

Chanyeol clears his throat. - "should i change something then, Mr. Kim?"

The next few seconds seem never-ending. He just continues to stare at me in silence smirking.

"Yes, and take account of the young lady's remarks."

He stands and glance at his phone. I stand with him, as you do when someone important enters or leaves the room. And speak - "complete the budget for the ball. Check that everything is booked for the investor tommorow. Get back to Yixing about the FSO's activities on the australian cost. And tell Mark that i want to see the result for Piers&Strauk's REX. And confirm my appointment with Patrick du Forbes this afternoon."

After having finished his expensive lists with Chanyeol patiently nodding his head. The CEO heads towards the exit.
He moves with confidence and elegance of a partner... the scent of his parfume linger...
The manly yet subtle smell is strangely familiar. As if it found its echo in me.
Chanyeol takes note, put his documents away then switch the projector off in silence.

"Mister Park i'am terribly sorry.... i didn't mean to be discourteous..,i didn't know who he was and i didn't think our company organised charity ball.." - i said in deep guilty.

"It's nothing" - Chanyeol reply shortly while sigh a little.
He has that self-control thing about him in all circumstance . A professional muat have. But i can feel he's containing himself..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

To be continued....