10. Uncovered

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

                    As i walk in to his office, i walked towards the huge bay window. To look at the city. At sunset, the view was breathtaking. 

He walked to the little cabinet and took two glasses as well as a carafe of rum. 

"A Havana Club Maximo. You have the taste, sir." I claimed.

He smiled at my comment and pour the liquid into each glass. Cuban rums are amongst the best in the world! This one is exceptional. A true masterpiece. 

I watched him almost hypnotized. I wonder what he's thinking, and if he's feeling the tension between us. It's like an electric shock. 

As he come closer to me handing the glass, my hand skims across his. His masculine scent overwhelm me and i have to control myself to not jump on him.

He sip his drink and his eyes fixed on me. I'am nervous. I fiddling my glass staring at the floor avoiding his gaze. 

He took a step closer to me and i raise my chin to met his beautiful brown eyes i ever seen. I feel uncomfortable at the moment like this. My mind tell me to took his collar and kiss him...kiss him...kiss him...

He shake his head cleared his throat and shift his gaze beyond the skyscraper. "It's relaxing." He said.

"Calms after the storm." I adds.

He pull his tie with his empty hand, undoing it a bit. He stare at me,sensualy.

Oh my god! He's so y!! He clearly doesn't know that his action make me feel......

I'am deprived almost 1 year for God Sake!, so this familiar feeling got me crazy!

I have to do something to get away this dangerous tense.

I cleared my throat and said, "it must be... it must be exhausting to be at the head of an empire such as Kim Corporation."

He look at me, "sometime yes. But the satisfaction it brings greater than the stress."

"Do you work this late everyday?"

"More often yes, i just don't show my self off at the charity ball." He said teasing me, a smile directed to me, he said it on purpose.

"I'am really....sorry... for everything." I said sincerely.

"I know.." he said looking at me.

Oh my God please stop looking at me! Or i'll lose control in a second!

"I just.... need to get used to this new job and to your expectation."

He simply nod his head and change the subject, "sometimes, i can stay here for hours just watching the city become calm."

"You don't get much sleep, do you?"

He seems surprise by my question.
"I consider it a waste of time. And i have too many things to realize."

I nod my head. "Do you have a lot of high hopes for Africa?"

"Yes, i really believe we can change life for the better. Even if it takes time ans it's sometimes disheartening." 

"But, you're not the type to lose heart."

He look at me smirking. We look at each other an instant without saying a word. 

Suddenly he takes a step back and put his glass down on his desk moves towards the computer.

"I have to go to Hongkong next week."

"Oh, okay.."

"I have to see some clients and magazine would like to make the most of me being there to interview me."

"Do you need me to prepare something....?"

"You'll be coming with me."

"Sorry??" I said looking astonished.

"I want you to come with me. I need you to do the interview while i finalize an important deal."

"But...i'am not sure i'm ready yet... I..."

He look at me over his computer screen and said, "You should trust yourself more. You'll do fine. We'll be going for a day, Taemin will pick you up outside your house at 6 am."

"Err....okey.." i hesitated say.

"We'll be taking my private jet."

I hold back from giggling. 

! This alchohol no help at all.

I put my glass down still full onto his desk. 
And he look at me amused. "Do you not like it?"

I shake my head, "it's...i have difficulty with hard liquor." I said embarrased.

He smile at me, tenderly.

"Err. . There is something else you want to talked to me about?" 

"Not for the moment, no."

"Good, so i'll be going then.."

"Yes, of course. Thanks for sharing this moments with me Ms. Son."

I quickly goes away to escape him before i'll do someting stupid.

Once i arrive at my office, i thought back about our trip next week.

Private jet... Hongkong trip... oh my God it's like a romance drama! Never think in my life i have the opportunity to take a private jet!
Hongkong trip, i'll looking forward to it.

 

 

                    Monday morning Taemin show up at my apartement door to pick me up. Kim Jongin was busy talking to his phone with i don't know who when i sat down beside him.

He simply nod at me and our eyes met, a rush of electricity ran through my vein.

I hate but love this strange feeling. To think that i'll go trip with him with his private jet make me dizzy.

My legs were shaking while my eyes dive into his eyes. 

I put my hand on my bag and looking out the window. 

"Very well, we shall discuss this in two weeks during my stay in Berlin, Mr. John."
He finished his conversation and stuffed his phone oh his pocket, i could see him from the corner of my eyes.

"Taemin, is everything okay with the weather?" He said to taemin.

"Yes, i called Lucas and confirmed that your flight shouldn't be delayed."

"Very well."

Our way to airport was filled with silent because Mr. Kim phone busily ringing after that he pay his attention to his tablet.

 

 

                     When we arrived , the days has dawned. The pilot in command warmly greeted us before boarding the plane.

I remain silent and observing the interior, looking at each details of the jet, i never set on foot at this familiar moment. I'am so lucky! If i tell Hyuna and Sehun, they must be drops their jaw and urging me to tell them the details.

This jet is quite impressive. The fine carpeting on the floor, solid wood furniture, big screens TV's, leather seats, daybed and a desk with two larger seats rhaw was made to give the passangers work comfortably and have a pleasant flight.

"Please take a seat Miss Son." He instruct me. Maybe because i just still standing stunned in the middle of the cabin.

His hand brush behind my back and an electric shock run down my spine.

He waited until i seated and then he seated down himself in a seat opposite me and open a laptop. I watch him every move. I never get tired of this scenery..

Taemin joined us to inform us about the take off. I relieved when he show up until he disappear through the back door.

"Do you like the plane?" His voice startled me.

"Yes, it's crazy! Well...um... i mean, i'am not used to it."

His lips slowly stretch into smile. "If you want to freshened up, there's a bathroom behind you. I can also order some food if you're hungry. Are you hungry?"

"No no, no need to bother them!" I said quickly.

"That's what they're her for, Miss.."

I want to protest, but he's already press the button and ordered pastries and hot drinks, and he said to me, "You know, these people are here because i pay them. So you shouldn't hesitate order anything you need."

"You get whatever you want with your money, do you?" I let out snigger, clearly mocking him.

I don't know what's on my mind. Sometimes i forget that he's my boss to talked to him like that. But he just smirking and look into his laptop and just let it go..

 

 

                      The plane has been at cruising speed for a few minutes now. The purring of the engine soothes the atmosphere.

"When we get to Hongkong, we will drop you off directly at the hotel. I have rented a suit for an interview. You will have to handle a questions while i go to another appointment." He said to me.

"Do you have any advice for me?" I said clearly nervous.

He smiled at me and said, "Nothing personal, always stay calm. Put the emphasis on the firm and its action. Don't let yourself be intimidated. Journalist like gossips, rushing into loopholes. Don't show them any weakness and everything will be fine." 

I just simply nods.
I hopes it will be as easy as he said..
This is my first interview, i don't want to dissapointed him.

"We'll back on the plane by the end of the afternoon. You'll be home in the evening." He said.

"Okay sir."

 

 

                  The interview did not go as i planned. the journalist just keeps asking about my boss's personal life. they have absolutely no interest in knowing about the company.

who isn't interested in young and handsome entrepreneurs like my boss. And at the end I said something I shouldn't say about my boss's personal life, about his warm relationship with his sister. even his sister has a special nickname for his older brother. 

I know I should not talk about that, but in my opinion it is normal because all this time the world and the media only know that Mr. Kim is a cold and heartless person.

 

 

                    Back on the plane, i keeps gazing out at the night sky through the window. I feel uneasy about the interview, what Mr. Kim reaction after reading the results of the interview. I'm afraid he will be angry and disappointed at me.

We didn't have the opportunity to talk about the interview. He was busy with his phone talking about negotiation or focus on laptop.

I eyeing him with the corner of my eyes to see his reaction, because the articles will out this night.

Suddenly he frown. I called out him with trembling voice, "Sir... is....something wrong?"

He look into my eyes and back to his screen an read out loud, "Discover Kim Jongin's ridiculous nickname. Can you explain this?" He stare at me furiously.

"Listen...i'am sorry, but the journalist tricked me...i was expecting more interesting question about our work..." i said nervously while fiddling my sweat fingers.

He shake his head sighing and close his eyes.
"I thought i could give you a simple interview...." 

I cut his words all furious, "you didn't tell me it was for People Magazine!"

"Thank God, i daren't imagine the damage you could have done if it had been for an economic magazine!"

I swallows hard and said, "The Journalist directed all her question looking for gossip!"

"And you give it to her on a silver platter, congratulation." He coldly said and glare at me.

He sigh and stand, one hand on his waist and the other in his hair.
 

"I can't afford this kind of press article, Miss Son."

"I'am aware of that, i didn't meant to be detrimental...."

He turn to look at me eyes wide opened. "Allow me to doubt that!"

"I don't allow you to..." 

Oh my God please stop Naeun! Can you just stay quiet? Don't let your insolent mouth make you lose your job today! 

He let out a laugh and said furiously, "You never show to journalist your weaknesess ! Never!!"

"It's not weakness to be human and love your family!" 

"You think that if i had a room for feelings, i'd be where i'am today?"

"Yes of course! I don't see the connection!!"

He ran a hand through his hair and close his eyes for a moment and said, "How could you be so naive, miss son?"

"I'd rather be naive than disillussioned..." i said.

"Do you think i can afford to be weak when i have to decide whether to shut down the company or dismiss hundred people? At the slightest fast move, dozen of vultures are ready to take my place! You see humanity in that?"

"Oh, i saw that in your world everything was superficial. There's no humanity by buying a girl at an auction." I sais facing him.

He sigh loudly and said, "I should never trust you so quickly."

I quickly stand taking a few step towards him right to his face. "Perhaps you should taking your time to prepare me rather than just throw me into a lion'a den."
I'am furious now, and my fist are clenched.

He stared down at me. I see he twitching the muscle of his jaw. "You're going to give me a lesson in management now?"

"Oh...no... Nobody will gives the Great Kim Jongin a lessons. I know that." I look at him mischievously and mumble while turning my back at him. 

He reach for my arm and turning me around glare at me, our face is only a few inch. He delve into my eyes, and whisper, "
Management miss son, isn't staying inside your little comfort zone. Even less so, making a friends. It's like that." He drops my arm after pronouncing his last words.

"You're wrong.." i said. He was looking at me. And i adds, "What ? Don't i have the right to disagree?"

He narrow his eyes and take a deep breath. 
"Do you really want to play it this way?" He said softly. "I don't care what you think..." He add smirking at me.

If he thought he finally got me and won the game, he was totally wrong.

"What's your problem in the end? Why do you feel so obliged to play the inaccessible and infallible role? You've a right to show a little humanity!!"

He rush to me after i'd finished my words, grabs my arm again and pull me against his and hold me against his chest.

I plugged my eyes into his brown eyes, feeling the sensation of his warm and masculine scents. My mouth is so close to his. This sensation is exquisite. I feels like i don't want to let him go, ever.

"Am i human enough now, Miss Son..?" His voice sounds hoarse and his lips even closer to mine. But i have to get a grip.

"What are you doing, sir....?" My voice sounds like a whisper.

For a moment, all you can hear is the muffled purring of the engine. The tension between us is such that it could have a few sparks. He didn't let me go. Seems like he was waiting for me to answer. 

I don't know if i had the defense to prevent the feeling not to feel his lips on mine. It's been a long time since i taste this feeling, in an elevator is the last. 

He was holding me closer to him, with his other hand he careses my side to feel my curve.

! My body shiver under his touch.

I'am in the battle to not kiss him straight away and give my self in. 

"Sir.... it's not.." i tried to rid my self from his grip.

He holding me tighter so i couldn't let go my arm from his grip. He leaned against me bringing his mouth closer to my ear and whisper, "You weren't so uncertain when i was up against you in the elevator that time....remember?"

I looked at him in horror, feel like he thrown a bucket of a cold water in to my face! Finally the lost piece of the puzzled had appeared. 

I push him away abruptly to free myself from his embrace. I walked away leaving him alone beside the window.

"So...you've always known?" I said trembling.

He calmly arrange his shirt with a small smile in the corner of his lips. 

"I must say, that you made that evening much more entertaining than it had been until then." He said.

My eyes wide open stared at him. I feel like to slap his face right now! But i need to clam myself to not lose once more..

"Why didn't you tell me?" I said

He stared at me amused and said, "Tell you what? That i was the mysterious man you savagely embraced in the elevator at work?"

"You mean to say that YOU kissed me savagely!" I said furiously. His tone,his stare irritates me.

"You didn't give me the impression that you were against it..."

"Is that why you hired me?" My voice is squeaky. I'am so ready to give him a slaps on the cheek.

"Not at all." He answered coldly.

"Oh... so why did you then?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"You aroused my curiousity in that meeting room that time, Miss Son. I like people who are challenging. And the little bonus in the elevator has nothing to do with what i think about your skills."

"The little bonus??! You've gotta be kidding me!!"

He sit down, shaking his head and he had that mocking smile on his face! 

"What's so funny?" I glare at him

He look at me, putting his elbow against the armrest of the chair rubbing his chin.
"First,you think i need to pay for girls at auction and then i'am a kind of man to promote his employees just to sleep with them wherever i may please. Seriously? Miss Son..." he said mocking me.

"Shall i tell you what annoy me the most?"

He stay quiet, just look at me while his lower lips. Waiting for me to continue.

Ughhhh!! In this moment why was I even hypnotized with every single move he made! I don't want to lose in this game!

"You didn't play fair! You kept the dishonest advantage on me! You knew from the start that it was me in the elevtor while i know nothing that it was you!"

"People reveals their cards when they see fit to." 

I can't believe what I heard. he is smart and  not lying that he is the CEO of the company. I lost, lost badly and could not say more words to defy him. but I can't look like that, at least not in front of him, now.

So,i calmly and elegantly sit down in the chair in front of him,head high,looking straightly to his eyes. Then i crossed my legs and drinks a sip of cold water and then turn back my eyes set on his with a crooked smile. "Now i know you're not insensitive to my charms, i can take note and know at least that we're playing at the same level now!"

He just smile and turn back to his computer. 

I was scrutinizing him, and try to appear confident while deep inside i want to see Hyuna and crying out loud in her embrace.

All of sudden, the woman enter. I don't even realize when did he press the button to call her. 

"Mr. Kim, what can i do for you?"

"Please ask Taemin to come."

The young women nods and smiling kindly.
Almost an instant Lee Taemin came in.

"We're going to leave Miss Son at home and go back straight to Kim Corporation."

"Very well, sir." Said Taemin.

The rest of the time filled with silent until i got home and rest my body on my bed thinking back at our fighting up in the sky.

I sigh loudly and going to the bathroom to get a cold shower. I was exhausted. I don't know what would i do the next day to face him....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
To be continue...