27. Lee taemin

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

 

 

                       When I arrive at the bottom of the building, I can't hold it any longer. A whole flood of emotions overwhelm me and the tears flow down my face. I take my head in my hands, silently repeating to myself how stupid I have been! A prize idiot! I was completely blinded by my desire. Blinded by his beauty. And to say that I thought I was special! And to say that I confided in him! Suddenly, a familiar voice calls out to me. "Naeun??"

Taemin?

When I lift my blurry, and probably mascara stained eyes, I stay dumb for a moment. What is he doing? Is he watching over his boss? Sorry, I mean 'his of a boss!'
I sniff as he looks at me kindly.

"What...." I don't let him finish his sentence and burst into tears collapsing into his arms.

"You were right, Taemin, you were right, what an idiot I've been!" I burrow my head against his shirt, holding his jacket clenched tightly in my hands. It hasn't done anything to me but it makes me feel better. He doesn't say anything. He silently rubs a hand over my back and runs the other gently through my hair. "I... I...."

"There....there... Breathe." He soothe me. I can't catch my breath, the hiccups that shake my body are too many and too violent. "Calm down, okay." I nod my head without ceasing to huddle up against him. Poor Taemin he must be wondering what he can do. We remain like this a while. In silence. "I'll take you home. You're in no state to go alone." I don't have the strength to decline. Actually, I don't want to leave his arms, they're far too reassuring and affectionate.

As Taemin pulls up in front of my building, my sobbing has calmed down but I'm still sniffing. "Your boss may treat you as his simple chauffeur, but not me. You're not my taxi, Taemin." In front of my determination, Taemin nods and steps out of the car. I take a deep breath. The evening air soothes my little-bruised heart. "It's this way." Taemin glances at the Limousine and presses on the key to lock the doors. He follows me.

As we get to the apartment, I casually put my things on the piece of furniture by the entrance. "Make yourself at home." He smiles at me before entering my little living room. He looks around quietly. "What will you drink? Whisky? Beer?" I offer him.

"Whisky." He said softly.

"Ok, I'll have the same." I think I need a little more than a beer to drown my sorrow! I grab two glasses and place them on the coffee table. "Don't stay standing... Take a seat." Taemin sits down quietly on my sofa. He doesn't seem to be feeling very comfortable. No doubt he's feeling guilty about being here, with regards to his boss. I have to lighten up the mood. "Relax, this isn't a date!" Suddenly I blush a little. He clears his throat. Why don't i keep my big mouth shut sometimes? I pour the amber liquid into glasses silently. "I'm so sorry for tonight."

"You don't have to apologise, it's nothing."

"Oh really? Do you often have to deal with crying, broken-hearted woman, in your job?"

"I've had to deal with worse than that." His lips stretch into regretful smile.

Yes, i'd forgotten that he was a former soldier, he must have had other woman weepin on his shoulder, and under far more serious circumstance.

"You know Taemin, the good thing is that with you, I can laugh off my pathetic existence! Chin-chin!" We drink and I down the content of my glass, which makes me grimace a little. I pour another glass. I realise suddenly that I must look a mess. I quickly swallow the whisky I've just served myself before saying to taemin, "if you'll excuse me for a second, I'll just go and make myself more presentable." I go to my bathroom and see the state of my face! Wow!

Ghost white complexion, giant circles under my very puffy eyes, running mascara and very messy hair... Nothing's missing in the "just been dumped" look! A nervous laugh escapes from my lips. So is that the Kim Jongin bonus effect? One minute, you feel like a queen and the next like an old rag. Lovely!...

After a few minutes, i reappear, looking a little refreshed. Taemin is looking at something on his phone, holding his glass in one hand. I don't know if it's because of the whisky but I really want to go and it close to him. Which I do while observing him out of the corner of my eye. He's sweet. He's a real knight in shining armour. It's not the first time that he behave like a perfect gentleman with me, and I must say that a little consideration makes me feel good. "Would you like another?"

"No thanks, I've got to drive again after."

"Hmm... That's right." I shrug my shoulders. I serve myself another one.

"Are you gonna be ok?" Taemin said with worries.

"Of course... Everything's fine. I'm doing great!" He looks at me dubiously. My enthusiasm sounds fake.. "After all, I didn't learn anything new tonight, Jongin's an , big deal."

"Naeun..."

"Yeah sorry... I know it's your boss I'm talking about." For a moment I let my head fall on his shoulder, sighing. I feel him become tense with the sudden contact. "Luckily, you're here!" I feel like it's getting harder and harder to get words out of my mouth. But I feel good, so good!

"Naeun, I have to go."

"Say... As well being a chauffeur, wouldn't you like to be a comforter...?" I huddle up against him and look at him like a little girl would before asking for something. I think I drank too much whisky.

"Naeun... I think you should take a shower and try to sleep a bit."

"Hmmm...." I let out a little, not very feminine grunt to demonstrate my disapproval. "No, you don't want to." I take a sip before resting my eyes on him again. "Aaaa....aaaaaa.... Taemin, Taemin, oppaa.... Oppaaaa....." I whining like a little kid while tapping and shaking his shoulders. I'm not holding back anymore. I feel too light for that.

"Ok... I think I'll go now."

"Already??!" I stare at him, irritate. He grabs my shoulders to take me off him, and blink several times trying to focus on his pretty eyes. As he gets up, I stand up too. Well, I try... "You... You..." Suddenly I lose my balance. He catches me easily, preventing my head from smashing against the glass of my coffee table. "Wow, you've got quick reflexes!"

"I'll carry you to your bed." I look at him lovingly, while his strong arms loft me from the ground. I feel like a princess. A drunk princess, but a princess all the same. I pass my hands around his neck and I smell the scent of his aftershave mingled with the smell of him, dauntless and manly. When my feet touch the ground, I let myself fall against him. How cute he is! My chest crashes against his chest and I lift my head up and stare at his lips. A lips that I suddenly find, absolutely, fabulously beautiful. Before he has the time to put me down on the bed, my lips already crash against his. He taste's good. His breath is sweet. I feel the tingling of his stubble against my chin. My body relaxes under his touch. I try to insinuate my tongue between his lips, but he pushes me away gently. "Naeun, no... Not like this, not now."

I stagger a little. My body swings back and forth dangerously. I don't understand what just happened. Everything is so blurry in my mind! I'm tired. As he lays me down on the bed. I close my eyes immediately and hardly hear the door closing before sinking into a deep, quilted like sleep.

****