35.

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

Chapter 35.

Once my friends left, I rush onto the web to see what's been said. As I read, a lot of people talk about it. There's a snapshot of Jongin and me in each other arms staring into each other eyes. In all objectivity, hard to believe that there is not anything between us. I'm suddenly thrown back to the scenes. What I felt in his arms at that moment was so strong. My heart speed up imperceptibly. The feeling is warm, shooting...

I shake my head to try to come around and I scroll through the result of my search. The newspaper headlines are; "Gunfire in South Korea..."...." She saves him from his aggressor"...."The young golden boy saved by a mysterious girl."
Oh no... Exactly what I dreaded...
Fortunately the photo is of poor quality but it's good enough for me to be recognisable.

I can already see myself wearing black glasses, a big part coat and hugging the walls to avoid paparazzi! Is this what life Jongin is about, out in the open...?
I wonder for a moment when snapshot was taken, in the hustle and bustle, people were screaming and running around everywhere!
I would never have imagined that somebody could come up with the idea of photographing us.

I was groan to myself when I'm interrupted by Kyungsoo's entrance. I barely had time to hear him tap thatbhe's already standing in front of me. I'm surprise to find him here.
"Hey, can I take a seat?"

"Uh yes... Please do!"

He takes a quick look around, brush His hair back. "I've been doing some research on Persephone."

Oh, of course, he'd completely slipped my mind!

"Did you find anything?"

"Yeah." He looks so jaded! I could translate his "yeah" as a: "Of course I did! I'm Kyungsoo, the computing ace, remember?"

"Are you really sure you want to know?"

"Of course I do!"

"Sometimes it's better that anonymous people stay anonymous if you see what I mean."

"Yes, I guess I might find out something I shouldn't know, but it's too late to back down now..."

"Suit yourself." He leans forward, leaning his elbow against his knee. "Your guy is actually a chick."

"A woman?" Why am I surprised? It kinda makes sense, it could be one of Jongin's broken-hearted ex-girlfriens going around tormenting all his new conquests!

"Yeah, and the rich kind" I stare at him speechless. "I trace he IP address. It was too easy." Is he waiting for me to congratulate him or he just disappointed with how simple it all was? "An apartment in the Gangnam District, the classy neighbourhood, belonging to Roseanne Park."

"Roseanne...?" I say her name as if it were that of a ghost.

Kyungsoo's azure eyes glimmer with malice.
"You know her?"

"Yes. Well, I know Roseanne, but the surname doesn't ring a bell..."

"Ok." He slams his hands down on his thighs before getting up. "There you go, miss."
Wow! With Kyungsoo no need to go justifying yourself or feel harassed with questions. You ask him a favour, he gives it. As simple as that. All the same, it's a little disconcerting.

"Thank you, Kyungsoo..." He's so detached! It's no concern of his what I'm going to do with the information. In fact, I think it's pretty clear, he couldn't care less!

He opens the door, then stops in his tracks. He turns his head and plunges his eyes to mine. "By the way, I didn't think you were so brave. You surprised me, little warrior." I stare at him without answering. He winks at me then leaves my office.

I was surprised that he made no allusion to the incident with Jongin. He's the kind of guy to know about everything, thanks to his cyber-surveillance.

As soon as I'm alone, my mind goes onto overdrives. Rose... It makes sense. She knows about my relationship with Jongin. She even witnessed our row. She knows about my blog and she has always made it perfectly clear that she wanted me to stay away from her brother.

But that name, "Park"...

All of sudden, it's blindingly obvious! Of course! She doesn't have the same surname as Jongin! She's his half sister! But... Why was she so nice the other time, then?
In any case, I mustn't dram hasty conclusions. There are a lot of Roseannes about! It could be anyone!

To be sure, I type Roseanne Park on Google. I find a Facebook page. My heart's thumping as I click on the link. When I discover Persephone's Facebook page, I get a strong blow to the heart. "!!" That's Rose alright! What a ! Why do that to me?! It's like a stab in the back!