29. Black mailed

Is it love? (Kaieun version)

It's the first time I throw a trial in the trash! It was so messed up that I daren't even give the crumbs to my hamster. I look askance at my dustbin as if it was responsible for something. I got back exhausted from the day's work. Not that it was physically tiring, but nervously I was in the verge of implosion! I thought a little cooking would help take my mind off things. They say that inspiration comes in painful times. Well with me, it's the opposite! In moments like these, i'd do better just to stay in bed eating ice cream!

I collapse on the couch and grab my computer to take a look at my blog. I go through my comments. A lot of people have written stuff since i last looked. Many are worried about my silence. I find their comments cute and it warms my heart. Sure enough, i left my blog aside, during my crazy story with the great Kim Jongin, away from real life. Here i am now, back again! Except that my life seems bland and boring without him. Without the longing for his arms, his playful talk and his intense gaze. I sigh. I must absolutely get him out of my head! And even out every inch of my skin!! Before him, i had a happy life! Ok, he gave me a taste of thrill, of intoxicating and exciting sensation.. But life is something else! We don't live permanently in passion and disputes! Nobody could bear it! I couldn't stand it! I'd ended up going mad. And honestly, psychiatric hospitals in Seoul are not all the thrill.

Ok, I'm exaggerating a bit.

At least reading the encouragement and the little love messages from my community makes me feel much better. It's crazy. I don't know any of them in reality and yet their presence reassures me and essential to my well-being. Suddenly I block on a comment and my brief respite stops dead. The messages was sent a few hours ago. Message from Persephone : "You've been warned..."

What??

Ok. I'm not going to panic because of a nutcase who's decided to do my head in on a cooking blog. Some people, honestly? This is not the first time this Persephone leave me a comment like this, like some threatened. I told to Sehun before about this case, but he just shrug and tell me that I was just hallucinating. I get up and I pace. Think, Naeun, think....
Persephone is clearly referring to my relationship with Jongin. Anyway, it's all he ever refers to!
Who could be hiding behind this pseudonym?
Sehun?
Taemin?
Taemin knows about my relationship with Jongin. He even warned me. Yet I can't see him playing this childish game. And then he's the kind of person to say anything to your face, not from behind a screen.

I put my hands on my hips and keep thinking about the list of potential suspect.
Rose??
Nancy??
Nancy, the double D-blastered former assistant? Could she be a kind of dumb chick destroyed by hurricane Kim Jongin, seeking to warn innocent souls about her former boss's trickery? It's a little far-fetched...
Could it be Jongin himself...?
In that case, he should start a good psychoanalysis very quickly! He likes to play, but he's not erse. I laugh nervously at my nonsense! I reopen my blog and I look at the message again. I don't know what to do. Maybe the best thing to do is ignore him totally, and delete his comment. Maybe it'll make him react he will react in anger again. Maybe he'll make a mistake and unmask himself! Or maybe he's going to be so frustrated that he's going to come here and choke me during my sleep. Nobody will find anything of me, just the traces of a struggle...

Fck, I have to stop being so irrational!

Worried, I decide to sense a text message to Sehun. First of all, because he always happens to help me chill out with his rotten jokes and then because I'm going to need Kyungsoo's help.

Me : Persephone wrote again, I told you I wasn't hallucinating, I don't know what to do, I'm worried.

It's not long before my phone starts ringing. It's Sehun. I pick up, feeling restless. "Yeah, princess, what's going on?"

"I'm sorry for bothering you at this time, Sehun... But he wrote again, it's as if he was spying on me... I don't know what to do.."

"Some people are so sick." I hear him sign and say something to someone beside him. I make out the sound of a key falling to the ground and the sound of a blower. "Listen, i'll talk to Kyungsoo about it tomorrow. Join me on the 42th floor around 10:00, okay?"

"Okay."

"I have to leave you, I'm helping a buddy out with his bike. Don't get too worked up about it. Kyungsoo is an expert in his field. We'll find who your Persephone is and we'll tell him how things work around here.!"

I smile. Sehun and his protecrionist side. "Okay... See you tomorrow!"

"Yap, see ya!"

As I hunh up, I feel much better. Knowing that Sehun and Kyungsoo will help me reassures me. Who knows? If I'm dealing with a ert, I'll be needing two strong guys to protect me!

***

I step out of the elevator and head for the cafeteria. Unfortunately, I came a cross the last person i'd want to meet! Krystal is standing in front of the coffee machine, her eyes riveted on her mobile. I try to steal away from her eyes, but it's as if she had a radar. She could spot me for miles around... His disdainful look crosses more. Trembling. This woman is a real shrew. Even in my worst nightmare, I don't meet scarier than her!

"Miss Son Naeun..."

Too late to step back.

"Miss Jung Krystal.." I decide to put on a detaches air in front of her disdainful look and get myself a coffee from the machine.

"Do you not have a coffee machine on your floor?"

"Yes I do, but i've come to see my former colleagues, during my break." I stress on the word "break" so that she understands what it means.

"I see the post changes but not your insolence."

"I don't change myself for a job. I remain constant and steady in my work, which is what my superiors appreciate. But if you have a problem with my insolence, maybe you should talk to Mr. Kim about it. I'm sure he has time to lose on that kind of subject." I look away and concentrate on my phone showing her I'm done with her. I check that Sehun hasn't sent me a message.

I feel that her snake like eyes narrowed, she's looking at me as if she was going to jump on me and tear my skin off with her claw-like, sharp nails. "Don't think you're above everything because you're working with Jongin, i've seen others by the likes of you, you all end up at rock bottom, in the hole."

"Oh... Charming..." I mocking her.

She doesn't know what else to say to stay unpleasant. It's becoming pathetic! Without another glance, she turns around and leaves the room. Immediately, the air seems to warm up! Especially when Sehun turns up laughing with Kyungsoo.

"Hey, sweetheart!" Sehun greet me.

I get up and walk towards them to hug them.

"Sorry for the delay, Madam the assistant...!"

"Oh, you know... Lateness and you is a pleonasm."

He looks at me arching an eyebrow. "Madam is using sophisticated words now!"

"It's in the English language, you big oaf!"

The two take a coffee. Kyungsoo watches me. "Sehun told me about your 'guy'."

"Yes, I don't know who it is, but it's getting scary." He's not at all the kind of person to meddle in other people's affair. He flees personal stories like the plague.

"Did you keep all of his messages?"

"Yes, I even answered, but nothing... He keeps on ignoring me."

"OK." His sharp eyes lose themselves in the black in the black liquid for a brief moment. "I need the admin access to your blog. I'm going to check his IP address, if I find something, I'll let you know."

"Okay! Thank you so much!"

"Thanks dude!" Sehun punch Kyungsoo arm lightly.

"It's okay, it's not going to take me too long. I'll do it for the lady, but don't make a habit of it." Kyungsoo apparent harshness doesn't take away his kindness for helping me on this. You just have to get used to his rough and ready ways.. It's part of Kyungsoo and even to his charm.

"Good, so what's up with the great manitou?" Sehun said to me.

"Business as usual. Say, we should have a night out again soon!" I'll have more time now. "So, I'll heading to my office now. Thanks to both of you, Sehun, Kyungsoo."