Chapter 30

Haunted Fate

It was 4am when Taemin awoken. He had the impression that a presence was there, not far away calling him. Not even in the house, but near.

He got up taking care not to wake Ignis in his bed and went to the window of his room rubbing his eyes. He froze wondering if he was not dreaming the male silhouette in his garden looking at him through the darkness. Deciding to go take a look, he went down the stairs and went to the door wondering if he was not making a mistake by going to see who it was without warning anyone.

He opened it and saw a figure in front of the porch.

"..Can I help you ?" his voice was hoarse from sleep.

The figure seemed to startle imperceptibly. Taemin frowned. It approached, allowing him to glimpse his face.

"What .." let out Taemin.

He immediately recognized who it was if he judged by the memories that Ignis had shown him.

"Key." Taemin whispered in shock.

Key looked surprised and Taemin swore inside.

"You recognize me ?" Key's voice seemed surprised with a tinge of hope.

How to get out of this mess ?

"Hm ... I was told about you."

"By who ?"

"Someone."

Silence.

Fate chose that moment to open a window of his room on the second floor, his blond hair ruffled and his pajamas Line friends "We wake up at the hours of chickens here ?"

Key froze, frowning, "So you were here, you were hidden by the thousand keys, that's why I could not locate you."

Fate swallows trying to be calm "Listen your majesty, it's early, way too early for this." he pointed Taemin "You see that it's not your beloved, rigth ? Why insist ? Let him live in peace."

Key shook his head and said in a threatening tone, "You're hiding something from me Fate, I would have left a long time ago if I didn't feel a little of Nikolai in him." he pointed Taemin.

Fate mumbled, he's less stupid than he looks like, "Well, it's not Nikolai, so go !"

"I can't !" yelled the King Fae. "If Nikolai was really my soulmate he shouldn't have died like that, I should have recognized him right away when I saw him, I would never been .."

"Unfaithful." Taemin finishe for him.

Key turned to him eyes filled with suffering "I don't even know how it happened. Suddenly I was surrounded by men and women and Nikolai was looking at me near the door" his voice became hoarse " I need to see him again, I need to tell him. " touched his chest "I loved him, I loved him more than anything and I still love him, I gave my place to the throne for decades to come to earth and search for him ..."

Fate choked "You the throne ? you are not a King anymore ?!"

Fate turned pale, looking at Taemin. Taemin could see how Fate was afraid. Fear of retaliation if Key knew someone had manipulated their Destiny.

"I feel the fear coming from you, Fate." said the King darkly.

Fate stepped back from the window.

"What did you do ?" Key insisted.

"I ... it's not me who did that."

"Who did what?"

"Someone changed my book." said Fate, shaking "they changed it and the fact that you were unfaithful to Nikolai was not written .."

Even before he could finish his sentence, Key screamed in fury, making Fate lock his window. Panicking Taemin was also going to close the door when the Fae caught him by his sweater violently.

"You .." he roared.

Before he could continue, a huge beast came out of the bushes rushing against the King and his fangs into his left arm. Key screamed, releasing Taemin and stepped back sharply. The beast stood in front of Taemin as if to protect him and showed the fangs. She was huge and completely black, her yellow eyes piercing.

Key looked at the beast holding his arm "What is this .." he looked at Taemin and the beast "Why..why this beast is watching over you, you are a sham ..." he froze "wait you belong to him? "

Taemin didn't dare to say anything. Key took a step forward and stopped as the beast growled in warning.

He kept looking at Taemin, "So..if you're his, you're not the one I'm looking for." he seemed saddened by saying that "all these years I searched for Nikolai without success, I thought ... that this time it was the good one."

Without adding anything he turned around "Sorry for the inconvenience."

Taemin vaguely nodded, looking at his arm in blood. When he disappeared in the dark, Taemin breathed a deep sigh of relief. The beast turned to Taemin as if waiting for something from him. Taemin, somewhat lost, cleared "Thank you for your help."

He knew it was a wolf, but which one of the pack he had no idea. The wolf stared at the door of the house, making Taemin turn around. Ignis stood there .

"Ignis ?"

Taemin heard the beast growling as Ignis watched the place where the Fae had disappeared.

"Hey..Ignis, he's gone, he will not come back."

Ignis didn't answer.

"We should go in. I don't think I'll be able to sleep after that so I'm going to make breakfast early." Taemin turned to the wolf "Want to come with us?"

The wolves didn't hesitate to enter the house.

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

They didn't see Key look at Ignis in the dark shocked.