Chapter 9

Haunted Fate

Taemin looked at the scenary.
Too many people.

People jostled each other in Busan subway. Phone on hands without acknowledging anyone.
It reminded him of his old life.

Taemin felt already an headache coming.

"Just what exactly is happening." murmured Nikolai behind him just as annoyed as Taemin.

Taemin looked at the sorcerer behind him.

He was wearing Taemin's jean, way too tights for him because of his muscles,in contrary to Taemin slim built and a sweat at neck V.

He looked so much like Taemin that it was scary.
Even with Nikolai wearing black sunglasses, they looked enough like each other to people look at them.

"You could at least change your haircut. Why did you have to do the same as Taemin." Taemin heard Jaeshin say, but he didn't see the spirit.

That morning Nikolai said that Taemin was using too much energy without knowing in making the spirits physically here. No wonder he was tired most of the time.

Now that he was only hearing them, he was feeling way better.
"I like my hair long. It's not my fault if it suit me the best. Even those pants look good on me what it's called ?" Nikolai looked at his own in the reflexion of a windows.

"Jean." said Taemin looking around, was there really a corpse near ?
"Your friends said that the dead body was in that area..but i smell fur."
"Fur ?"
Nikolai's eyes widened "Holy hell there are Wolves ? how can you live near them ? i feel like sneezing, my nose itch so much !"

"It's like an allergy ?" asked Taemin. 
"For me yes. More the sorcerer is strong, more is his repulsion toward the wolves and vice-versa. Oh God i hope there isn't the Alpha." he sniffed.

Taemin hoped that too. He didn't know what to say if one the wolves discovered he could see and was not blind. "We should separate." he decided "Me with Karl and you with Jaeshin."

"Why do i have that stupid brat ?" Nikolai sounded indignant.
Jaeshin growled "Taemin don't make me pair with him, i will definitely leave him meet the Alpha."

"Please Jaeshin, you want that serial killer arrested or not ?" asked Karl.

Sighing Jaeshin placed himself near a gruff Nikolai.
Taemin nodded "I go by the left, if you find something Nikolai please call me with that thing on your pocket."

Nikolai nodded touching the phone "I will try."
"Good. I see you later."

When Taemin took his leave, Nikolai sighed looking at all those peoples "Ready Brat ? let's go."

++

Everything smelled so BAD.

Fur, dead, sweat urgh. That century was really ..horrible.
Maybe he should have stayed dead, or just never came out to meet his descendant.

Taemin Murakami was a really rare specimen.
He had Shaman powers but he was also a sorcerer, how could a hybrid like him exist ? something was not right.

Maybe those who put a spell on him knew he was going to be powerful and that whatever was linked to him was dangerous, and so put his life in danger to break it. 

Poor Taemin, whatever they took from him seemed bad.

He followed the faint trace of blood in the air and heard Jaeshin catch his breath "Why in the hell are you catching your breath brat, you are dead."

"Stupid sorcerer it's an habit ! and be careful there are wolves."
"How many ?"
"..More than five..And there is just one behind you."

S.h.i.t
Nikolai was way more weak than he though for not feel his presence.

"Mr Murakami."

Nikolai looked behind him and saw a wolf somehow looking smug to caugh him off guard.
Jaeshin took a step back "That wolf is Ben, be careful he menaced Taemin yesterday."

Menaced ? Nikolai smiled.
Ben frowned and took a step more toward him "What are you doing here ?"
Nikolai tilted his head "I can't go where i want ?"
"I told you to stay away from the pack's affairs filthy sorcerer" Ben went toward him looking threatening "do you want me to kick your .."
Nikolai took him by the neck even before Ben finished to talk.

"Listen you dog. i will take your dirty little claws and i will tear them off one by one. Then i will peal your skin to finally eat you, i heard the taste of a wolf was really good in the 18st Century what do you think ?"

Ben opened his eyes big ,trembling "You can see."
"I can see and you are appetizing." Nikolai the corner of his lips.
"Oh , oh " Jaeshin said hurrying "Please don't hurt him, don't hurt him !"

His panic souded weird to Nikolai "Why do you sound so scared ?"

"What is happenning there ?"
Nikolai turned toward the voice and went rigid. 
There was in front of him an Alpha.

A very strong Alpha at that.



His eyes were gold and his hair brown. He would have been struckling beautiful if his expression was not so scary.

"Get your hand off my Beta."
Nikolai took off his hands leaving Ben on the floor, people passed while looking worried.

The Alpha smiled tightly at them "Everything is alright, i'm the mayor off this city don't mind us."
After that, the people around looked less but still tough.

Two man advanced toward them.

"A problem Alpha ?" said tall one.
"Oh, isn't it the young Murakami ?" asked the other.

The two new wolves looked alike and different at the same tme, it wouldn't surprise Nikolai if they were brothers.

"He isn't him."
The certitude in the voice of the Alpha made Nikolai look at him. The Alpha was glaring at him his jaw somehow tight.

"He..he isn't ?" asked Ben still on the floor. 

Nikolai could feel that Jaeshin was near him, seeing if the wolf was hurt but why ? "You, spirits are so weird."

Jaeshin frowned then disapeared where the scene of the murder was.

When Nikolai looked toward the wolves they were looking at him bewildered.
"Oops my bad i spoke out loud, i'm tired." he sneezed, that damn allergy to wolves !

"Alpha" said again the tall one "if he isn't the young Murakami who is it ? he look so much like him !"

"I don't know" he looked at Nikolai "but he will say it right ?"

"hm..nope."

The wolves brothers looked shocked.
"Wow" said the small one "he really isn't the blind one."

At that the Alpha glared at the beta "Don't call him like that."
The little wolf looked at the floor "Yes Alpha."

Nikolai felt Jaeshin that came back near him.

"Ok guys it was nice to meet you all but now excuse me i have to go now, someone is waiting for me."

He was leaving when Ben called him.
"Where do you think you are going !"

"Let him go."
They all looked at the Alpha surprised, Ben stuttered "B..but why.."

Nikolai smiled "Thank you Alpha. If you want to take a coffee, you can come at Taemin's house, i live with him."
All the wolf gasped while the Alpha looked at him still without expression.

When Nikolai disapeared, They all looked at the Alpha.
Ben touched his neck "He smelled like magic, but weak."

The tall wolf asked "Alpha, how did you know he was not Murakami ??"

The Alpha didn't answer but sneezed.

++

Taemin was with his phone in hands, when Nikolai came back.

"Thanks God where were you ?!"
"I've meet some fur." Nikolai sneezed.

"You mean..you didn't meet the Alpha right ?"
"Oh yes i've seen the Alpha and even talked to him. They all though i was you and that you've played them."

"Jesus." gasped Karl looking at the sky.
"Yeah right he's ing scary, that old man wanted to eat one of the wolfves !" said Jaeshin.

"I didn't want to eat him, i was just scarying him."

Taemin exhaled "I think we should go elsewhere to talk more." 
"Sure." He looked at Taemin "Did you really made them believe you are blind ?"

Taemin was embarrassed "Maybe we could talk about that later huh."

Nikolai looked at him a long moment before nodding "Okay..can we go to the Chocolate shop we've seen before coming here ? i think there we could talk perfectly."

Taemin laughed leaving Nikolai put an arm around him "Why not."


They didn't see the Alpha looking at them leave.