Chapter 25

Haunted Fate

When Taemin was dropped in front of his house, he already knew that something was wrong.

Karl was in front of the door as if waiting for him.Taemin immediately got out of the car and headed towards him "What happened?"

"Finally you're here, it's Nikolai, he's .."

He stopped speaking when he saw the Alpha coming towards them.

"Is there a problem ?" the Alpha asked slowly, looking around the house.

Taemin shook his head before saying "I don't know" he looked at Karl "Nikolai?"

"He's leaving Taemin, and right now he's taking all his stuff."

"What ?!" to leave where ?!

Taemin could hear the Alpha asking what was happening but he immediately headed for his house and froze. The human shadow on his porch was still there, but this time his face was turned in his direction. Taemin felt a shiver run through him and cautiously walked around the shadows to enter the house. Immediately he noticed blood on the floor. He didnt know how, but he could feel magic in the air.

"What happened here." murmured Taemin.

"Nikolai had a visit."

Taemin looked at Jaeshin right next to him turned into a spirit "Who?"

Jaeshin shrugged. For a ghost, he looked tired "Ask him."

"It stinks of magic."

Taemin jumped at the voice behind him, Kai had followed him.

"I don't want to bother you Alpha, you can .."

"Let's find your cousin, if he has a problem, I can help you."

Taemin shook his head "I don't think so .."

He stopped talking when he saw Nikolai with Ignis - turned back a book - coming down the stairs. Nikolai paused for a second when he saw Taemin and entered the living room. Taemin followed him frowning as he watched him pack his things.

"What are you doing ?" Taemin asked.

Nikolai replied without looking at him "I'm leaving."

"But why, I mean, did something happen ..."

Nikolai looked at him and exploded, "He found me!"

Taemin paled "Who, Zitao?"

"Key !"

Taemin covered his mouth "Damn, your soul mate?"

He did not answer "I have to leave, I'm sorry to leave you like that .."

"But wait why do you have to leave, tell him you do not want it anymore and that's it !"

"You do not seem to understand Taemin, he's the Fae's King, do you really think he will leave me alone ? he's not even sure I'm alive, he thinks you're my reincarnation, I should leave before he comes back. "

"He came here to my house ?!"
"He was with that cursed Fate, he said he would come back later.I can't Taemin, I can not let him know I'm here, if he knows, then Zitao will know that too and he'll try to kill us both, you and me. "

"Why me ?" Taemin stuttered. Then suddenly, Kai faced Nikolai, placing Taemin behind his back.

"Zitao you say, isn't he the leader of the Vampires ? you are not Taemin's cousin, are you?"

Nikolai then looked at Taemin, "What's he doing here?" he watched the Alpha put himself between him and Taemin "oh you didnt lost time, are you already going out with him ?"

Taemin choked.

"Who are you." Kai asked again.

Nikolai gave a false smile "I am Nikolai Deucius, the ancestor of this man behind you."

Kai glanced at Taemin and Nikolai, "I knew there was something fishy about you, so your name is not Deucius-."

Silence.

Nikolai looked at Taemin, "Can I hit him?"

Taemin sighed, "Alpha, you should go."

For the first time, Kai rolled his eyes, "How do you want me to go if someone tries to kill you and the King of the Fae is looking for you."
Suddenly, Taemin had an idea.

"Don't worry, I know what to do."

Nikolai's eyes lit up "Really?"

Taemin nodded, "You can go Alpha, everything will be fine."

The Alpha studied him "It's not dangerous, is it?"

Taemin bit the inside of his cheek "No more than what happened today."

Silence

"Was it supposed to be reassuring?" Nikolai asked doubtfully.

The Alpha went to the door "So I see you tomorrow, good night."

"Is he really leaving?" Nikolai stuttered. Taemin was honestly surprised too.

When they heard the car leave, Nikolai turned to Taemin "So what's your idea?"

Taemin swallowed, "You look much better than this morning."

Nikolai his lips and then looked at the window "Being near him helped me."

"So .. can you use magic again?"

Nikolai looked at him, "Yeah, what are you thinking about?"

Taemin took a breath "It's time to meet Fate face to face."