Chapter 42

Haunted Fate

Taemin leaning against the porch, watched as Ignis pulled the weeds with his bare hands under a scorching heat in the garden.

He wondered what were all the secrets that Ignis was hiding.

Why did he have a mind ?

Why didn't he want Nikolai to know?

He was asking himself all these questions when Fate passed nearhim eyeing him carefully.

Taemin sighed, "I'm sorry for earlier, I got a little carried away."

"Making the remake Ghost Rider in the kitchen is what you call a little carried away?" Fate frowned, Taemin smiled and could not help but think he was adorable.

Taemin refused to feel guilty "I don't control myself because of this soulmate story you know."

"Me too I feel the lack yet I don't put myself on fire, now excuse me."

He took off his bathrobe and threw it to Taemin as he went outside. Taemin nearly choked seeing him wearing a red bodysuit in front of Ignis before lying on the grass as for sunbathing. If Taemin hadn't looked at Ignis to gauge his reaction, he wouldn't have seen him turn his head twice toward Fate as if wondering if he was dreaming.

"Something tells me I'm going to get a police call for indecency in my backyard."

Nikolai arrived behind Taemin choking on the sight "isnt this women undergarment ?"

"It doesn't matter, it suit him" Key answered calmly to him.

Nikolai turned to his soulmate eyes black and hair suddenly silver "Are you starting again with infidelity ? You like it ?"

Key didn't seem worried "The bodysuit ? Yes." He leaned in Nikolai's ear, "If you wore the same one in black color in our bed I would be crazy."

Nikolai froze as he thought about it, then ended up glaring at him. "I'll wear woolen socks and pinguin animal pajamas."

On that he went back inside muttering that the heat in his condition was too strong.

Taemin looked at Key uncomfortably, "It it okay between you two ?"

Key shrugged, "He never looks at me in the eyes, and if he does, I see pain, he barely tolerates my presence for now."

"Don't worry, everything will get better." at least Taemin hoped for it.

Key nodded, changing the subject "And when will you mate the Alpha?"

Taemin choked on his saliva "How ? what ? Never!"

"Never ?"

"He's...well .." he swallowed "he's married."

"Marriage without love whose wife is unfaithful to him with his consent."

"Even so, as the Alpha he can't get a divorce."

"He can if he met his true mate. When his spell is gonna be released, he will surely come looking for you."

Taemin looked down at the floor before saying, "I don't really know if I'm ready for that, I got divorced a few weeks ago, I have no news of my son Jun, and..the Alpha is very intimidating. "

Key nodded, "The kind of man who likes to please, all the surnatural at the party could have noticed that the other night."

Taemin nodded "Until last night I wouldn't have believed it, he always seemed so...serious."

"Maybe your closeness starts to rub off on him."

Taemin thought about the kiss and blushed, "Yes, maybe."

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

Fate ignored his embarrassment and tried to seem at ease. He was lying on the grass, the top of his body supported by his elbows. The sun was burning on his skin as he wondered with his eyes closed, if Ignis was looking at him right now. He was determined to have the handsome redhead attention.

"A redhead Tsk, no wonder I had a crush on Ron Weasley."

Oops he had spoken aloud. He opened his eyes and nearly choked on his saliva. Still squatting in front of the grass, Ignis was looking over his shoulder. The fact that the man crossed his eyes without any precaution told Fate that they were alone in the garden.

Sungjong felt himself blush from head to toe as he felt every inch of his skin being detailed.

It was going to be easier than he thought. Thank you Bodysuit.

"Aren't you hot with these jeans?" he said crossing his legs and pointing at Ignis's pants.

Ignis didn't answer. He began to tear the grass again.

"Hey!" Fate looked at the house "nobody is listening you know, they are inside you can talk."

Still no answer.

Sungjong frowned and turned his face away from Ignis, a few seconds later he heard a small hitch that made him turn around. Ignis had stung himself with a thorn.

"Are you okay ?!" he rushed to Ignis and took this hand to inspect his index finger. "I know I'm irresistible but I didn't want that to happen."

He stopped smiling, looking at the open wound. It was not blood flowing but a colorless substance. A substance that only creatures created by magic could have.

He frowned and then looked at Ignis, "I don't understand, you're my soulmate right, how is it that you've been created by magic, are you really Nikolai's book ?"

"Hey is there anyone?" asked a man behind them.

Fate turned toward the gate to see the Sovereign hand over his eyes. "The Seer ask me to close my eyes."

The Seer right next to him looked at him murderously, "Damn right i did."

Fate looked at what he was wearing while blushing "Come inside, please, I'll .. put on a bathrobe."

He got up leaving Ignis in the garden. The Sovereign walked toward the house and hissed. "This house is very ... creepy. As in horror movies, i'm prepared to see an hand out of the earth."

The Seer pointed the ground under the sovereign's feet "There are bones there."

The Sovereign jumped a meter with a small Yip. Ignis stood up and watched them approach.

"Ignis !" greeted the Sovereign "I have news for you, I fear that you have to come with me for a while."

Ignis frowned.

"Let's first wait to be inside okay?" suggested the Seer "we have a lot of things to discuss including him." the Seer waved behind him where Sehun appeared.

  ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

The lounge was silent with everyone present waiting for the Sovereign to speak. The man didn't seem in a hurry to start, finally Nikolai spoke pointing at Sehun.

"Who is this ?"

The Sovereign looked up at him "Does it look like i know ?."

 The Seer nudged him.

"Why is he here?" Nikolai asked again.

"He says he come from the futur or something like that but let me first tell you why I'm here i will be brief: I know about the Shaman, soul mates separated tralala, and that Fate misplaced some pages of his book. "

Fate sank into the couch blushing with shame.

"Oh, so it was you Fate." Sehun said behind them.

Fate looked at him "Did you hear about me in the future?"

"Yes, the Shaman killed you."

Silence. Ignis stopped breathing.

"Ridiculous !" Nikolai snapped, immediately taking Sungjong's defense "he's immortal!"

Sehun smiled looking at him and mumbling ridiculous in a derisive tone. Nikolai blushed.

"Let me finish !" said the Sovereign "my Seer talked to the creators and it turns out they said they have nothing to do with this."

"How ?" asked Key, "they give us soulmates, then they are taken away from us, and that's not their problem?"

"Precisely," says the Seer, "since the culprit is not a creator, they don't see the need to intervene on their own, especially since it's not them who attributed them to you. It's Cupidon, and Cupidon as his name indicates it doesn't have the power to take revenge. "

"Do you imagine if he threw an arrow of love between the Shaman and his dead ghoul lol." sneered the Sovereign.

"Dead ghoul..I thank Heaven that you are not Cupidon your Majesty." the Seer answered in a bored tone.

"The ghoul who attacked the villa of the Alpha Elesung?" Taemin intervened, "he's dead?"

The sovereign and the Seer looked at Ignis "He took care of it himself, he didn't say it ? ... ah, right, he doesn't speak because he .."

Fate says at the same time "Yes we noticed it's because of he's .."

 "..mute." ends Fate

"... doesn't see the point," the Sovereign finished.

Silence.

"He doesn't see the point? repeated Fate trying not to get pissed.

Nikolai shook his confused head "Hello it's a book, it doesn't speak!"

"Don't distract me from the discussion ! " yelled the Sovereign "the ghoul is dead yay, let's move on !"

The Seer massaged the Sovereign's shoulders, which seemed tense.

The Sovereign continued "Now, the Shaman's plan is to ensure that in the future there are no obstacles in his path and so separating soulmates In the future their children will not be there to prevent him to dominate the surnatural community and rise to the head of the council. Sehun here present had escaped his clutches and came from the future to warn us. Such a good soul. "

Nikolai intervened "But ... doesnt the Shaman see the future with his gift of prophecy ? how could that man escape him?"

"Just because even though he had separated my parents, my Omega father was already pregnant." answered Sehun.

"Oh." Nikolai nodded. Key looked at Sehun suspiciously.

"Already pregnant, you say ?"

Silence. Sehun smiled at Key.

"Key?" Nikolai said worried.

Key turned slowly to Nikolai "You are pregnant?"