Chapter 22

Haunted Fate

The closer they got, more the smell of dead flesh could be scented. Shout could be heard from afar and some other wolves were running toward the sound coming from the quarter of chambers.

One of them called Cedric went near the Alpha. "Alpha !"

"What's happening ?" asked the Alpha in a hard tone.

"Some creature is inside the mansion. We tried to enter but something is blocking us from entering Ben's room." said Cédric lamely.

Something was blocking them ? wait, in Ben's room ?

"Jaeshin !" Taemin ran seeing a group of people near an open door. Just when he was there, a wolf was thrown out of the room.  

"Ben !" were shouting the people gathered. Ben in his wolf form bled motionless on the ground, panting heavily.

Taemin's heart was beating so fast that he thought it would burst "Jaeshin !"

"Murakami, no !" 

He heard the Alpha call him but Taemin was already in the room, wait how?

Didnt the wolf said that no one could enter ?

"Murakami !" the Alpha called him again but this time pointing in front of him.

A growl in behind him make Taemin look slowly toward the sound. The room was completely broken. Books and furnitures were in pieces. A woman was dead on the bed, his organ out of his stomach. Jaeshin was on the floor, a big hole in his stomach but alive. He had a hand on it like it could stop the blood but without success. 

A tall creature, was near Jaeshin. His skin was green and smelled strongly of the death. Taemin couldnt be sure but it looked like the same creature that he saw in the gay club with the cloak  man.

Taemin didnt know what to do. For now the creature was only looking at Jaeshin, like he was hesitating at killing him. But why ?

"Murakami !"

Taemin looked behind his shoulder at Cedric.

"There should be four stones around the corners of this room. Take them off so we can help you, hurry !"

Four stones. Ok..ok that Taemin could do. At the condition that the stones weren't heavy and that the creature wasnt attacking him.

For the moment it didnt seem to see him so Taemin got easily in the right corner of his side of the room. He found two stones with runes on it. Even if he didnt know much about his powers or the surnatural in general, he knew at least that no one but a Shaman could have placed them.

"Be Careful !"

Jaeshin's voice made Taemin look at toward him. The creature was looking right at him.

"Murakami, Get off the others stones quickly !" Cedric voice shouted.

Taemin started to run on the left side of the room at the same time as the creature ran there too but to catch him. luckily for Taemin he had time to remove the stone not waiting for a second and without an ounce of hesitation climbed onto the bed where the girl had died to cross the room.

The creature managed to catch him by the feet and made him fall on the blanket bathed in the blood of the poor girl.

Ugh. Taemin was going to throw up.

He could hear people calling him but he couldnt understand what they were saying with the panic running through his head. He tried to kick the thing off but it was useless. Suddently coming from nowhere a big hand where Taemin even in his state of panic could see some tattoo on it, took the creature by the neck and threw it agaisnt the wall behind him.

There was a big commotion at the door seeing the stranger take Jaeshin in his arms, and Taemin took the opportunity to go to the other side of the room to remove the stones.

The last one was taken off when he felt an hand grip his throat and push him off the balcony.

"TAEMIN !"

Taemin through his fall though in a side of his head that the panicked voice looked strangely like the alpha. He didnt even know he knew his name.

He felt his body hit water, then the darkness.++

Taemin felt his eyelashes flutter. He could also feel the matress on which he was laying down . He didnt know how he ended up here. He only remembered being throw off from a balcon on the Alpha's mansion by a very ugly creature. He was so tired that he only wanted to sleep right now.

Feeling hands on his pants, he opened his eyes with a startle. "What ..!"

The Alpha was looking at him hands on his fly.

Silence.

"Oh, you are awake." the Alpha stated stoic.

Taemin blinked "Yes ?"

"Good. How do you feel ?" asked the Alpha his hands still on Taemin's fly.

What was happening "..Good ?"

It was apparently the good answear because the Alpha took Taemin's pants off.

"What are you doing ?!" he felt his cheeks go red. That man didnt even say if he was interested in Taemin and he already wanted to take his pants off !

"You are covered in dirty water and blood."

Oh "Ah ..i'm sorry, i dirtied the sheets."

Was that a little smirk that he saw on the Alpha's face ? impossible.

"Let's get you in the bathtub."

"Huh what ?" Taemin didnt have the time to elaborate that the Alpha took him in his arm like a princess and carried him to what he guessed was the bathroom. "But i can walk !"

"You were threw off the 2th foor. It's a miracle you weren't injured. You saved one of my wolf today so let me take care of you. "

But the problem was that Taemin could feel himself hardening under his underwear and he felt a little relieved to see that his tshirt hide this embarrassing aspect "I swear i'm completely alright, let me at least take off my shirt and underwear myself !"

"Can you stand up ?"

"Of course !"

The Alpha let him up in the Bathroom then simply looked at him.

Was he not going to leave ? "Hum..i have to get to..you know.. take a bath."

They still looked at each other. Taemin was grabbing the front of his shirt nervously.

"So please could you..turn around maybe ? so i could take off my clothes ? Please."

The Alpha did so but didnt leave.

Taemin sighed ans took his shirt off. Some parts of his body were bruised from the fall and he grimaced seeing the purple on it. The bath was already prepared so fastly, he also took off his underwear and jumped inside the bathtub.

Hearing the sound of water splashing, the Alpha turned toward him.

Taemin got water in his eyes but blinked saying "You...you can go now Alpha, thank you."  Kai took off his jacket ignoring him. "What the f.."

He also pulled up his sleeves before going toward Taemin "Let's wash your hair."

What ? "What ?" he looked at the Alpha putting shampoo in his hand "i can do it myself really !"

"Just let me take care of you."

Was it some sorts of tradition in a wolf pack ? maybe. Taemin felt Kai's hands on his hair, and he closed his eyes enjoying the moment while it lasted.

After a moment of silence, Kai said lowly "Lean your head back."

Taemin did, opening eyes but looking rather toward the door than the man in front of him. He was feeling very shy in this moment. Last time someone washed his hair was when he was around 8 years old. Looking toward the door he could see the mirror attached to it. 

So when he asked him to turn around seconds ago he stills saw Taemin by the mirror.

The Alpha's hands stilled "What is it ? you are bit red."

"Nothing." Taemin muttered without looking at him.

"If you say so. You were the most injured today."

He jumped inside the water, he forgot ! "How is Jaeshin ? is he alright ?"

Kai was rincing off Taemin's hair "He is. At least it's what he's saying. It would be better if a doctor saw him but he refuse. He said that in a matter of hours it wouldnt matter anymore."

And he was right. If he didnt bond with Ben, Jaeshin would be in one or two hours a spirit again and then, he wouldnt see his mate anymore or be alive. If Taemin judged by the girl who was in Ben's bed, theses two wouldnt have a happy ending. Jaeshin would be forever trapped in his house as ghost.

"Why nothing ever happens as we hope." he asked softly. "I would have understand if some things not go well but.." he shook his head looking at the bubbles covering his legs "it's everything." he looked at Kai, unshed tears blurring his sight "i thought for a moment that there was a purpose for me to come in this city you know. I'm from a family of shaman but i was without power, without abilities. And suddently i can see ghosts and they need my help. Since i came here so many things changed. I've meet Matthias ,Jaeshin, Nikolai ..i tought i finally found something..i mean.."

Kai still looked at him.

Taemin felt so stupid "I dont know. Sorry forget what i said."

Kai said nothing for a moment while looking at him then "Turn around. Let me was your back."

Taemin quickly wiped the tears that threatened to fall "Ok."

Turning around he tried to calm down while the Alpha rubbed his back.

"Suffering can take such a place in our life that it makes us forgets happiness. Because we do not remember being happy. I don't know many things about you Shaman, but i'm sure at least one thing in your life was good right ?"

Taemin looked at the water and whispered "My son."

Yeah right. He didnt contact his son since he left Tokyo on month ago. Jun has to be either worried or angry about his disappearance.

Taemin's thoughts stopped when he realized that the Alpha's hands stopped moving on his back.

Taemin looked behind him "Alpha ?"

Kai was looking at his back, eyes darkening.