Chapter 21

Haunted Fate

Liam went inside the house with Taemin following him.
Taemin didnt see Jaeshin and from the shout he could hear upstair, he probably found Ben already.

He still followed Liam the Beta while looking around the Mansion amazed.
"Nice huh ?" say Liam looking behind him smug.

"It's so freaking huge !" say Taemin before covering his mouth "sorry."
Liam laughed and shook his head "It's freaking huge right, we are all living here. 45 Wolves to be exact so we needed space."

45 Wolves ! "Do you never fight agaisnt each other ?"

Liam laughed even harder "Rather when it is we don't fight you m.."

Loud growl was all they had as warning before seeing two wolves throwing each other in the middle of the living room.
One Brown and the other grey, they were showing their teeth while encircling each other .
"Hey !" called Liam, putting himself in front of Taemin.

But the Wolves either ignored him or didnt hear, they growled waiting for the other to attack.
"Simon, Cedric stop it we have a guest !" they still ignored Liam.

Taemin gulped loudly thinking about Jackson's wolf and wanted only one thing right now : get the hell out of here.
"Taemin."

At his name, Taeming looked at his right. Karl was here.
"Taemin let's leave." he said while pointing at the front door.

Taemin frowned then looked at Liam still trying to stop the wolves from fighting. "I can't. I have to talk to the Alpha. I have to tell him the next victim is a wolf."

"I would have said you were right if Nikolai was here with you but no you are alone, barely containing powers that you dont know how to use, in a house of wolves hating Shamans. Please let's leave right now, i know you are scared too."
Right. Taemin was hella scared. But he couldnt always ran away. If he left, someone could seriously be injured or even killed. He shook his head "I can't Karl. I have to talk to the Alpha, and Jaeshin is up there. And i have you, you can still throw things." he said with a smile.

Karl bit his lips then nodded. "Then i will go with Jaeshin. Be careful."
When he left, Taemin frowned at the silence behind him. He looked at the living and saw all the wolves looking right at him.
"Wh..what happened ?"

"Were you..talking to a ghost ?" asking Liam watching him warily.
Taemin frowned then threw a glance at the two wolves looking at him like waiting for his answer.
"Uh...yeah ?"

The two wolf fought each other to ran away the fastest possible while Liam looked around him.
"Wh..where is he/she ?!"

"He went upstairs to see Jaeshin."
Liam looked at the stairs like they were possessed. "The Alpha is coming, see you !" and with that he jumped from the windows.

Now alone in the Mansion, Taemin went still.
"Ok." and Karl was scared for Taemin after something like that ? theses wolf didnt seem so bad if we didnt count Ben.
Feeling watched from up the stairs, Taemin looked up and froze.

Kai Elesung was standing here.
He was in a blue dark 3 pieces suit, his hair combed back but a few strand of rebellious hair fell in the corner of his eyes.

God he was so beautiful. Taemin hoped that the fact he was excited wasnt visible.
Not knowing what to say he raised his right hand and said awkwardly "Hey."

Silence.

Kai looked at him from head to toe before saying in a tone more than bored "Hey."

Silence.

Taemin gulped and wiped his hands on his jeans "How are y.."
"Follow me."

Kai left toward the other side of the stairs leaving Taemin to decide to follow him or not.
Taemin felt it was going to be fun. ++ 

 When he followed the path the Alpha took, there was only a door who was ajar, like waiting for him to close it.
Taemin taking a deep breath opened it slowly and put his head inside. The Alpha was sitting on his office table, eyes on him. 

"Will you already come inside ?"
Blinking Taemin did, closing the door behind him.

"I thought i told you already." sighed the Alpha like he had already enough of the discussion.
"Told..told me what ?" asked Taemin still trying to act nonchalent, God he was so crushing on him.

He even tried to be dressed nice today. With a white shirt without stain on it and jeans which Nikolai said his was great as hell. He even tried to tame his hair which was almost impossible.
Kai said "To let us find this Killer. You are here because you want to investigate again-"
Huh ? wait "What ?-"

"-So it's still no, do you hear me ?"
Taemin shook his head, eyes big "But i never said i'm here-"
Kai got up from the table, and took a step toward the window "Do you at least understand what mean 'no' ?"
"But i'm telling you i'm not here for that ! i mean yes it's about that but-"

Kai looked at him his eyes dark and pointed at his direction "You are in my city Sorcerer. Or Shaman or whatever you are-"
Taemin sputtered blushing "Whatever am i, what the hell-"
"When i tell you to stay away from this investigation you do as i say there is no but."

Taemin threw his hands in the air "Will you hear me FOR SAKE ?"

Silence.
"Do i have your attention Alpha ? will you hear me now ?"
The Alpha was silent, mouth open.

"Hello ?"
The Alpha closed it and crossed his arms "Talk then."
Taemin took a deep breath and tried to remember exactly what happened "I..when i was at your club i hear a man talking. He said..."

He took a look at the Alpha who was still watching him. "So ?"
"He said that the next victim would be a wolf."

Silence.

The Alpha let his arms fall "What..you tell me that now ? two days later ?"
"I..I know i sound like an to you, but i didnt have the time.."

Kai barked a laugh "Didnt have the time ? are wolves's lives so disgusting that it came in the last of your problems ?"
Taemin wanted to get closer but he wasnt sure it would be a good idea "No ! i know i should have told you earlier but i didnt have your number and didnt know where you live ! also Nikolai was sick and.." 

"Stop you pitiful apology now. Sorcerer who have powers like him are never sick."
"When they don't have their mate anymore they are."

That made the Alpha silent.
"Oh." he scratched his neck "i suppose it's a good excuse then. No that i know how it feel to loose a mate or simply have one." 

He was without a mate. Heh eh.
No, Taemin was not here for that. Maybe later he would ask the Alpha out and either the Alpha would laugh at him like it was a joke or he would punch him. But at least he would have asked.

The Alpha went behind his bureau and sat, Taemin still standing near the door.
"I will not eat you, you know. Come here, sit."
"I..i will not stay long, i should already get going."

"You only came to tell me that ? surely you have more to tell about what you heard."
"Not really. I only saw his back, his hands looked like they were rotten to the bones. Before i could listen more he knew i was behind the door and threw a knife toward me but i'm alr-"

Suddently the Alpha almost jumped out of his chair and was touching Taemin everywhere.
Taemin looked at Kai's hands touching his thighs then his torso "Woo woo woo, one second wait what-"
"Did he hurt you ?"

Taemin looked up at Kai's eyes who were really close and gulped.
"No. No he didnt. I was going to say that it landed on the door, not me."

The Alpha, his hands on Taemin's shoulder let out a sigh of relief. "So you are not hurt."
Taemin looked at him trying to hide a smile "No, i'm not."

"Then all is good. Be careful." he took his hands back and took a step backward. "We should go investigate the club again. The footage could show the man or identify him at least."
"Hm.."
The Alpha stopped "Yeah ?"

"Do you.." Taemin could feel a blush coming on his cheeks "i mean, are you worried for everyone like that ? because i'm from your city or.."

The Alpha frowned "I don't know why to be honnest."
Ok. "Are you seeing someone ?"

Silence. Taemin covered his mouth.
"Excuse me ?" asked Kai slowly.

. Taemin wanted to sew his mouth. Why did he said it now ?!
"A..are..huh... Oh look it's a butterfly passing by your window !"
"Did you ask me what i think ?"

Oh God, Taemin wanted to be buried six feet underground. He should have asked for advice before asking the Alpha on a date.
"Forget it please, forget it."
"Did you just ask me if i was seeing someone for..what, ask me on a date, Murakami ?" 

Taemin put his hands on his eyes "NO, i mean please. please. F.o.r.g.e.t i.t."
The Alpha let his hands hanging in the air "Just tell me honnestly, because i'm easily mistaking things when it comes to that. Or so my wolves say."

It took a fews seconds. But finally Taemin let his hands fall showing his bit red face.
"Just. I like you."

Silence. Taemin didnt dare look up, eyes focused on his shoes.
"Is that all ?" asked the Alpha with a ton of boredom like always.
Taemin shrugged "Yeah like, i really like you." 

The silence took place again and definitely this was the most embarrasing moment of Taemin life. Like what did he expect ? he didnt have experience dating, his life , he didnt have friends, he didnt like crowds, he couldnt control his powers, he never dated guys..

"When you ask an Alpha to date you, it show that you don't respect him."
Taemin opened his eyes -which he didnt know when he closed them- and finally looked up.

The Alpha stayed on his ground looking at him like he was much more than Taemin could hope. If he looked like someone impressive before, now he was like way out of his league.
"Uh..Is the fact that i'm a sorcerer worse ?"

Kai thought about it then tilted his head "Yeah."

IN A BUCKET.

Screams coming from the other side of the Mansion made both of them Jump.
They didnt look at each other while they ran toward the noise of things crashing on the floor.