chapter 27

Haunted Fate

Siting in the living room at the table, Fate, Taemin and Matthias didn't know where to start.

They looked at Nikolai from time to time, who since the announcement of his pregnancy, was silent.

"I thought you knew it," said Fate as if to justify himself.

"The fact that as a man he can get pregnant is because he is the first sorcerer ?" asked Taemin confused.

"This is getting better and better." muttered Matthias.

"It can happen to anyone to get pregnant if you sleep with your soul mate." said Fate.

"Oh, so if i sleep with another man than my soul mate..." said Taemin.

"No chance of getting pregnant."

"I see. No wait, it means I can get pregnant, where does the baby come out in the end ?!" squealed Taemin.

"Don't tell me about it." Nikolai put his hand on his belly "that son of a , it was not enough that he was unfaithful, now i'm pregnant !"

"You didn't think you survived without your soulmate that long just because you're powerful, right ?" asked Fate "the child is a part of the King Fae, and this help you to survive the distance, but he is far too young, you must be two weeks pregnant for him to keep you completly healthy. Just wait one more week and you will support the distance with Key perfectly. If you still want to."

"Of course i want."

Fate looked at him for a moment.

"What ?"

"It was not written."

"What was not written ?"

"Him being unfaithful to you. Listen Nikolai, I'll tell you about it because you're involved, The King's destiny is not written in my book same as yours, and he ?" he pointed Taemin, "I can see some aspect of his future, but I can't see the cause of his death or anything of his past. It's as if the pages of his story were torn off by someone . "

"And it's been a long time since this happen to you ?" Nikolai asked worriedly.

"Since a certain time yes, even several centuries. Nikolai, I don't dare to speak to the creators about it."

"Since all this time you keep it for you?! The situation is serious Sungjong !"

"Your destinies are on my responsibility, what will they do when they will know that I have no future for you all, what will be my sanction?!"

At that moment someone put some cups of tea on the table.

"Thank you," Fate said distractedly, then looked again at the newcomer's frowning "W.. what ?!"

"Ignis ?"  said Nikolai surprised to see his book take its human form by itself "what are you doing in this form ..."

Ignis dropped a cup of hot chocolate in front of Nikolai.

"Oh.. thank you ?" Nikolai looked at the cup. He jumped when Ignis put a plaid over his shoulders. Nikolai took it silently then looked at Taemin miming with wide-eyed eyes he scares me.

"It's your book ?" Fate asked, eyes wide.

Matthias looked at Ignis thoughtful "I have the impression of having seen him somewhere, but where .."

"It's Ignis, yes," Nikolai replied, "he takes the form of Nemesis by himself, but it's the first time he's transformed without me asking him."

"You are pregnant." Fate replied as if it explained everything "it's his duty to make sure you're fine."

"He was not so attentive before, I'm taken aback." Nikolai remarked.

"The father of the child is not there, so he replaces him." Fate took a sip of tea.

Nikolai looked at his cup of chocolate and then at Ignis near him "Thank you."

Ignis didnt react.

"I'm doing pretty well right now, so would you let me look in the memories of your book ?" asked Nikolai

Fate handed him his book as an answer "Gladly."

The book was of the same proportion as Ignis. He looked very well maintained with unknown symbols on the cover.

"What color is he ?" curiously asked Taemin.

"Blue." replied Matthias, "he is a royal blue, and his borders are golden."

Nikolai looked at the book's cover and put his hand on it.

Unbelievable was a faint word to describe when Nikolai's eyes went entirely white. Matthias seemed to leap from his chair excited to see magic. Someone knocking violently on the door made them all jump, except for Nikolai, who was immersed in the memories of the book.

Ben could be heard screaming asking them to open on the other side of the door.