Chapter 15

Haunted Fate

It was like time stopped.

The man's eyes looked at him without flinching or glaring. Just like they probed his soul. Taemin didn't see colors but what would he give to see them now. His eyes seemed so clear and wild, like a beast watched him behind the human flesh and Taemin couldn't look away.
So Kai Elesung was his name.

He remembered how the Alpha took Taemin's body against him. When he brought him to his car to take him home after being discovered at the museum spying on the group of wolves.

Taemin was completely bewitched. How ironic, he was part sorcerer.
"Alpha ?" Asked Liam behind Taemin curious.

Like a spell broken, Taemin immediatly detached his eyes from Kai, heart beating and looked at his own feet.
Looking at an Alpha in the eyes was a sign of challenge and apart from sending him ghost to scare him, Taemin surely couldnt win if they had to fight against each other.

Then like nothing happenned, the Alpha went inside. 

Wait did he just eyed a straight guy and had been ignored ? trying not die of embarrassement, Taemin followed him after closing the door.

He joigned the others in the living room to see the wolf -who he thought was Ben- glaring at Nikolai.
Nikolai gave him a side glance with a rictus and said "No need to sniff my , we've met already."

Ben snarled and a growled louder making all of them jump except Nikolai.
Taemin looked at Kai the Alpha who was glaring at Ben. "Enough. You came here to ask his help no to make the sorcerer hate you more."

"Why do you need my help exactly ?" interfered Nikolai arms crossed.
The sherrif cleared his throat "Can we..sit down first please ?"

Nikolai looked at Taemin then nodded "Sure. Please sit." he looked again at Taemin "Taemin can you..take my book and wait for me upstairs while i serve them tea ?" he looked at the wolves with a smile "excuse us, we were in the middle of something and we need to finish it. It will not take long."

Liam frowned "What would you need to finish right n.." his eyes grew big when Nikolai came with the tea and looking between him and Nikolai "Oh."

Taemin immediatly flashed bright red at the implication.
"Sure, we will with a book." sighed Nikolai.

Liam sputtered.

"Then please go, we will be waiting."

Taemin turned toward Kai who just talked and gulped. "We..will not be long, please feel at home."
And without another glace, Taemin went upstairs.  ++

Taemin didn't wait long for Nikolai to come in his room with Karl and Jaeshin.
Nikolai opened the door and with a sigh said "Now if you have everything we need, we can beg.."

"That man just makes my itch !"

That statement said by a shifter still siting in the living room made Nikolai pause.
Taemin shook his head "it's an expression Nikolai."

"Oh." he shut the door and went inside.++

Now that they placed the 5 candles in forme of circle and weirds arabesque with Jaeshin inside , Taemin waited for Nikolai to find what he was searching in his book to begin the spells.

"Do you have that much spells that you need a book to remember ?" he asked, knowing that maybe, Nikolai wouldn't want to talk about it.

Nikolai looked briefly at Taemin surprised, then went back at Ignis. "No. I remember really well my spells, but some need others things than words and Ignis can help."

Taemin didn't exactly know what it mean but he didn't push.
"And It help me remember my prophecies. He writes while i say them."
At that Taemin perked up "Prophecies ? really ? send by who ?"

Silence.

Nikolai dropped Ignis.

"OOPS i'm so sorry !" Nikolai took Ignis in his arm while the book seemed pissed judging by the cover flapping.
"Nikolai ?" did he go too far asking ?

Nikolai put the book near his heart and breathed "Do..you believe me if since now i didn't even thought about that ?" he looked unsure.

Never ? "How come ? you are not curious to know who send you tips about the future ?"
"I always thought that it was simply an ability, not that someone was sending them to me but it makes sense. I would say it's Fate but he hates me, so who.."

Taemin remember Nikolai talking about Fate when Jaeshin said the wolf was his soulmate "You talk about Fate like it was someone." 

"It is. You don't even know that ? he's the worst s ever. Never cross his path."
"If you say so." if someone like Nikolai didn't want to meet him, then Taemin neither.
"Excuse me but can we begin already ?" asked Jaeshin frowning.

"You are a ghost, sure you have time."
Jaeshin's face narrowed "Not for long."

Nikolai smiled "True. For that first you have to concentrate. Remember the feeling of having a body, how to use it."
Jaeshin nodded then closed his eyes. But not before they could see the worry behind it.

"Hey."

At Karl's voice Jaeshin looked up.

"All is gonna be okay."
Jaeshin made a little smile.

"His soulmate is an how could it be alright ? without mentionning that if the ritual go wrong, he's lost in a parallalel words where no one could see him not even others ghost."

Silence.

"Do you have to be such a jerk !" roared Karl.

Nikolai just shrugged. "It's for him that i say that. Concentrate."

Waiting for Jaeshin to be ready, Taemin went behind Nikolai to look at him flipping Ignis's pages "Can you read me one of your Prophecies ?"

At that Nikolai chuckled "Curious aren't you ? want to know how powerful am i."
Taemin bit his lips and nodded. 

"Then let's see.." Nikolai slipped some others pages "hm.. Oh this one ! listen" 
He cleared his throat.
 


Sleep of darkness

Hidden under the clouds of the dark night,

Sparkles beyond appearances.

 

Taemin felt goose bumps rolling up his arms.
 

As far as my eyes can see,

The dawn is nearby.

 

That prophecy was from a long time ago, but the ghosts looked around to see if there was something coming.

The mist thickens like a dark coat,

While you need to find theses eggs.

Wait what ?

 

Jaeshin howled in laughter while Karl tried to contain it. Even Taemin had to put an hand on his mouth to keep himself from doing the same.

"It..it's..." Nikolai looked between Taemin and Ignis " i remember ! i had to save a rare breed of bird and the prophecy said that i had to find the last eggs ! it's true !"

Taemin finally bend laughing near the door, at the same time worried that the wolves came to ask what was going on.

Nikolai began to feel irritated and opened a page without looking at it "it's true, look at this one !"

 

Because i'm Heartbroken by a Fae,

Because i'm stabbed by a Vampire.

My carnal body will die.

 

But one day The first one created will be back.

And him and his partner will avenge my death.

 

No more war will be declared,

Because Nemesis will be our King.

 

"What do you think about that huh ?!"

Silence.

"What is it  ?"

Because the silence was still here, Nikolai understood that something was off. He looked again at the prophecy carefully, clearly reading it a fews times.

And then saying nothing, closed the book.