Chapter 2

Haunted Fate

It's 2am and as always, Taemin had his eyes wide open lying on his bed. Yet yesterday was a long day. His first day at Busang was to take care of his garden removing weeds. Now that the place was completely clear, he thought to check if the shadow he had seen on his steps last night was still there.

Taking the decision, he got up slowly, putting his feet on the wooden floor and got to the window to look down.

The garden has nothing but grass and bushes at the ends.
But the shadow in the form of a man was still in front of his door.++

Taemin took his coffee leaning against the edge of his kitchen dressed only in his boxer briefs. It is not particularly hot today, but he was too lazy to put on something. He looked at his garden sipping his coffee. A few strands of his black hair covered half of his view. Hm ... he thougt about having a haircut. His hair was far more longer that he would have liked. Even though everyone said that it suited him when he was a teenager.

He wanted to go to the hairdresse , but going there means seeing people.
And it was the last thing he wanted.

So he came back to his first idea, to look at his garden.++

Taemin began seriously to think that he likes his own company more than anybody when he bumped the little toes against the edge of a cupboard. He sobbed and laughed, repeating that it doesnt not hurt, but it really does holy hell.

It was here that he decided that some things of the house needed to disappear.++

Mr Jeong closed the door of his truck with a sigh of contentment.
"I'm happy to finally have these pieces of furniture. If you knew how long I wanted to have them !" he said, rubbing his hands.

"You're welcome,really" said Taemin raising a hand. "I am delighted to have been able to get rid of them."

"You will not regret it ?" Asked Mr. Jeong.
Taemin shook his head. Oh God no, his feet was more than happy to get rid of it.

"I'll leave you anyway until tomorrow to decide if you're sure." He handed him his card. "Call me if you ever change your mind."

"I don't think it will happen but ... thank you."
Mr Jeong nodded and headed to his driver's seat.

"Well I wish you a good end of the day Mr. Taemin ! Mu .. e ..."
Taemin smiled with understanding , which made the other man blush.

"Please, call me just Taemin," replied the young man.
"Taemin." repeated the trucker loving how the name of the beautiful blue eyes man rolled on his tongue, he immediately recovered by giving himself a mental and physical slap. "Well I'll go!"

Taemin looked at him with round eyes as Mr Jeong got into his truck and left.

"Is he also afraid of this house?" Taemin asked aloud to no one.
He  finally shrugged and got home.  ++

Taemin climbed the stairs that lead to his room while he read the newspaper. Busang apparently has its share of problems too. A serial killer strangled his fift victim last night at barely six kilometers from his home. There was also a small chronicle that spoke about of wild beasts roaring at night in the forest of Geumjeongsanseong, it didnt make him want to take a walk under the stars.

Reaching his mirror cabinet , he continued to read engulfed in one of the passages of the text "The few testimonies we were able to collect talked about large hairy beasts with sharp teeth and howling . The wolves have disappeared from Korea for two hundred years , are they back ? " this part made him remember some fragments of the past which he and Jackson had an encounter.

Jackson ..

A shudder passed through him and he put down the newspaper trying to forget the memory of the night that transformed the rest of his life in hell. When he looked briefly at himself in the mirror he froze. An old man wearing a pale blue sweater and dark pants was watching him behind him, Taemin didn't ask himself who the man was lost in his though. It's when he understood that this man was in his home and in his room that his heart began to beat twice as fast. He looked again at the mirror to look this time only at his reflection. He though that imagined it, but incase , he looked around the house in search of the old man.++

He came back from his evening jogging when he  though he saw a person in his garden. Was it a silhouette with a dress? He sook his head breathing loudly  and mentally treating himself of idiot and got inside the house.  He was careful of avoiding passing over the shadow that is still on his steps, He went toward his kitchen taking off his shirt passing the living room and took a glass of water swallowing it in one go.

Taemin began to seriously doubt his mental health. Since he has settled in the house, he though there was a spirit shadow on his steps, felt eyes on him when he was sleeping, seen an old man in his mirror, and finally he believed have seen a woman dressed in a white dress in the garden. Taemin did believe in spirit. He came from a long medium lineage. Some were more powerful than others in his family, called Shaman. His grandfather was the only one who could speak to them and order them, but he always said that being living person or not, everyone had his free will so he never used his second gift. 

Taemin's father and brother could feel the spirits of an house and even how many they were. Taemin had been bring to a shaman when he was a child, and the man had told his parents that he was born without a gift because he had the human side of his mother. He still remember how the others members of his family looked at him since that day, it was like everyone wondered why he was born, that he has no right to be the grandson of Jongsun Murakami.

Coming back from his though, Taemin suddenly dropped his glass on the floor after the scar on his left temple began to burn . He had it since as long as he can remember and this was the first time it hurts. He had the impression that someone touched it with a hot knife which made him utter a cry that echoed throughout the house. As fast as it came the pain stopped. Taemin begins to blink and looked around. What happened ? His heart beats abnormally fast, he tried to calm himself and he could see his breath on the air even though it wasn't cold. He passed a hand in his hair filled with sweat and looked at the glass that fell at his feet.

He reached out to take it, when the glass suddenly rolled out to the corridor, in front of the entry. He looked at the glass momentarily stunned, about 100 % sure he didnt touch it. He went slowly toward it, then cautiously picked it up from the ground. It's when he heard the door hit against the wall that he realized that it was wide open. He raised his eyes to the door and felt his turn into ice.

The man he saw in the mirror that morning was now on his porch just looking at him, while over his shoulder an old woman in a white dress runned toward his house screaming to death, his hands out. Taemin didn't lose a second to think about what was happening and rushed ahead to close and lock the door violently and lean against it. weirdly feeling pain in the back of his eyes. He expectedto hear the woman banging againsnt the door, but everything was quiet. As if nothing had happened.

Okay. 
So either he had weird neightbors or he was not so human and could see spirits after all.  ++

"No, it's Mr. Jeong J.E.O.N.G ! he came to my house to buy me some of furnitures . No, i don't want to think again about it. Tell him to bring me all the furniture back quickly !" Taemin hung up, releasing the breath that was stuck in his lungs since he'd dialed the buyer's number.

Yesterday night had been somehow chaotic. After having witnessed two spirits appearances, the old bell of the entrance rang all night. How the hell didn't not received a call from his neighbour  about it ?

It was like the bell was trying to tell him something, but what ? what changed since yesterday ? he though about it all night and then he understood.

The furnitures.

He sold them and whoever had lived in this house before him didn't like it. He knew that these things existed, but he though that he would never see them. He was human afeter so why now ?++

Several days have passed since the furnitures came back to their place, and since then all was peacefull, ordinary. Too much to the taste of Taemin who though some things were more strange than before.

his sleepless nights have stopped since the furnitures have returned. When he put his head on the pillow at night, it was to wake up the next day with his stomach completely empty and his eyes puffy as if he had not slept the night and cried. Was he sleepwalking ? did he go to a bar or insulted thoses who passed in front of his house ? Possible, it would explain why when he crossed his neighborhood two days ago they looked at him in a funny way. He needed answers to his questions.

So what did he do ? He set up a little camcorder facing his bed last night and let hit film all night. Now was the time for revelations. He put the SD card in his computer and waited.


The image first showed him heading to his bed after he had set the device, and put his head on the pillow. At first, nothing happened, the room was calm. He seemed to be in a deep sleep. The minutes passed and Taemin began to doze in front of his computer when he saw his silhouette  sitting all of a sudden on the screen. He looked straight ahead, the moon illuminating his blue white eyes. They seemed far away, still in a deep sleep. When a name no louder than a murmur was pronounced from his mouth.

"Jackson."
Taemin in his seat froze. watching himself on the screen saying that name with such a neutral expression. He couldn't contain the tears that flowed inexorably, he did nothing to hide or wipe them. Even if he wiped them he knew they always come back.

"Jackson was my childhood friend" the Taemin in the computer said "he trusted me with his secret , him being a wolf and I kept it preciously. I was afraid to tell him everything i felt for him, that i love him and I chose the easiest solution: i pretended to be straight and got married. He hated me since when he knew about it, he cursed me, then he bit me and hunted me like the wolf he was. "

Taemin looked at himself admit his worst secret livid.
"He chased me, he chased me trough the forest, did you know that a wolf eat their enemy to the point of gnawing their bones ? I could have given him everything but instead he wanted to kill me. " The Taemin in the screen put his hands in front of his face, looking at his palms and fixing them as if to ask them for an answer.

"Why did he do this, why did he look at me this way ? like i betrayed him, I could have given him everything ! why was i not enough ? if he didn't find me that night would it be different today, would he be alive if i didn't have thoses feelings for him ? If i had made the right choices would he still be at my side ? how could i have know he was in love with Kate, If i didn't exist would he have had childrens with her  ? If I wasn't born would he have been happy ? WHY AM I NOT DEAD, WHY HIM INSTEAD OF ME ?!"

It was too much for Taemin to listen to himself admitting all that he had forced himself to shut all his life, all those fears, those regrets, all was painfully revealed in this dark room. Tears streamed down his face at the same time of himself in the video. He went to close the pc when he noticed himself in the screen looking in a corner of the room.

"Others questions ?"