Chapter 24

Haunted Fate

 

Taemin sitting in front of the Alpha at the table tried to gather himself.
The man didnt seem to be affected by the turn of events or their kiss. It was as if nothing had happened. Eating his juicy steak and ignoring Taemin.

Yoona -the Alpha's wife- ignored him too, taking each mouthful delicately.

Taemin feel like being the third wheel here or rather the fifth.
There were two little girls eating beside him. Completely silent too, which was weird for their age.
They had to be 8 or 9 years old. Just like his son Jun.

Taemin felt a bitter taste in his mouth even thought he didnt even eat. If he was married and had twins, why exactly the Alpha kissed him ? to say thanks ? he swore that if it was the case he would punch him in the teeths, Alpha or not.

God he was reacting like Nikolai now.

"You dont like it ?"

Taemin look up at the Alpha who was watching with an eyebrow raised. Taemin breathed slowly before saying "Im not too hungry after all of what happened."

The Alpha nodded. "True. Seeing that young girl with her gut out would have been shocking for you."
Taemin looked at the girls eating.

"Don't worry they have seen worse." said the Alpha following his eyes.
And that was normal ?

Something was wrong here. Taemin couldnt shake the feelings that this familly had something going on.

"So, what do you think about what happened ?" asked the Alpha.
Taemin to cut his steak while saying "I think it was the creature i saw in the night club the other night."

"You think or you are sure ?"
"I'm sure."

"That night were you really here to have fun ?" asked the Alpha out of the blue.
Taemin frowned "I was searching a clue about the serial killer, you know it now so why asking ?"

"Have a little respect." Taemin turned toward the Alpha's wife who talked to him for the first since the dinner. Her voice was cold and his eyes icy. "You are in our house so you will do as he say."

"Learn you place, women." said the Alpha in a even more cold voice. 
The silence was so heavy that Taemin tried to not gulp too loudly. Even the two girls stopped eating.

Something was really wrong.

Taemin coughed "The.. the runes i want to take them home and show them to Nikolai, maybe he could tell us more about them. If you are okay Alpha." 

Kai watched Taemin then nodded. "My number is added in your new phone. Makes sure to call me."
"My new .. ?" . Taemin's phone went into the water. "You didnt have to give me another phone."
"You saved one of my wolves, this is the less i can do."

"But still..thank you."
The Alpha just grunted.

Taemin took a piece of the steak and moaned obscenely at the taste.
The Alpha looked up instantly.

Which of course made Taemin cough a lung.

The two girls giggled looking at him. And from what he was seeing in their eyes it was not because it was funny.
It looked like they were mocking him.

They wore an expression so mean while Yoona was ignoring him that Taemin was taken aback. Frowning he watched his plate "I have to go." he said suddently.

Even thought he was feeling the Alpha's eyes on him, he didnt dare look back "I will take you home once you finish your plate." said Kai.

"I'm not hungry." and he was not a child.

"Finish your plate." repeated the Alpha in a decided tone.

Taemin gritted his teeth while eating.++

You could say that being in a car alone with the Alpha was awkward.
Taemin really tried to refuse his proposal to take him home but the Alpha shoot one glare at him and Taemin nodded.

So much happened today. The attack,the kiss,Ignis...the Alpha's wife.
Taemin clenched his teeths so hard that the Alpha glanced toward him.
"What is it ?"
"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." answered Taemin without looking at him.

Silence.
"I didnt think before kissing you. If this is why you are angry."
Taemin almost choked on his salive turning toward Kai "You are married !"
"Something like that."

Taemin frowned "What ? isn't she your wife ?"
"She is."
"And theses two girls are yours right ?."
"Yes." answered the Alpha looking at the road.

"Then how the bloody hell is it something like that !"
"She's still my wife and their mother but she's seeing someone else."

Oh , Taemin immediatly calmed down "..Sorry ?" oh my God and the man she was seeing wasnt dead yet ?
"She need things. And i can't give them." he said it as a matter of fact.
It was going a little too detailed "Oh.." Taemin tried to be nonchalant "she was into ?"

Alpha this time looked sharply at him "What ?"
Oh my God "I didnt mean it like that ! she kinda look like that no-- i mean..i don't mind ! no wait--" he could feel his face going red.
The Alpha took a deep breath like was trying to control himself "She need someone who cares for her."

"Oh..i understand you want to stay with her for the kids.."
"She stay because she's the Alpha's wife."
"But..you cared for her once.."
"No."

Silence.
Something was very wrong with this man. He was surprised the Alpha said so much about himself.

"I know this has nothing to do with me but..then why did you.."
"Our parents decided to marry us. I didn't mind."

Taemin bit the inside of his left cheek looking at his jeans. "You are a surnatural creature so you must have a soul mate somewhere."

When he didnt have an answer Taemin looked at him. The Alpha's face was white as sheet.
"Are you alright ?" asked Taemin immediatly worried.

The Alpha gulped "I failed him."
"What ?" what did he mean ? who ?
Kai passed an hand on his face "i think i'm gonna sleep earlier tonight."

That was the last thing he said until he dropped Taemin home.