Chapter 45

Haunted Fate

Taemin rose slowly, staring at the Alpha.

"K..Kai?"

"I knocked on the door and no one opened, and when I heard the fight I understood why."

"The fight ?"

Taemin listened and immediately heard Key and Nikolai arguing on the floor above.

"Nikolai you can't go alone."

Nikolai alla vers la chambre où était allongé Destin et Ignis à ses côtés

Nikolai went to the room where Ignis was watching Fate on the bed.

"What, you don't trust me?" he positioned himself behind Ignis "sorry to disturb it will only take a second." he plunged his hand into Ignis's back and removed the grimoire from his body.

Ignis watched him leave like what the .

"It's not that Nikolai," Key said next to him "this time our enemy is very strong and you're pregnant !"

Nikolai stopped walking and looked at Key "Ah."

"Do you understand now ?"

Nikolai nodded, " Yes, it''ll only take five minutes."

He left his grimoire in Key's arms and locked himself in Taemin's room.

"What ?" Key felt lost in front the door.

Taemin turned to Kai with a smile "What are you doing here?"

"I received a phone call from the Seer telling me that you were going to Zitao Castle, I'm coming with you."

The Seer had called him ? Taemin shook his head "Kai..you can't."

Kai tilted his head aside like in Taemin's dream "And why?"

Not knowing what to say, Taemin shook his head.

Not that he remembert his childhood, a lot of things were explained. The cross on Kai's heart was the scar canceling their bonds. And if it was right there it meant that Kai had lost something.

The Seer with the scar on his forehead had lost his sight.

Taemin with his scar on his temple no longer saw colors.

And Kai ? with the scar on his heart he had no emotion.

Joy, sadness, anger; Kai Elesung had never known that kind of thing.

Without thinking, he held out his hand and laid it on Kai's cheek.

"I would like things to be different." he said in a low voice.

Kai shook his head "I don't understand."

Nikolai finally came out of the room with a sheet.

"Ah finally here you are, we have not finished our talk !" said Key immediately.

"Give me that," Nikolai said, picking up the grimoire and then handed him something else, "and take that."

Key complied and frowned, "What is that?"

Nikolai rolled his eyes, "Your son what do you mean, I've advanced the process and teleported him out of my belly, now i can leave to Zitao castle."

He went down the stairs leaving a Key paler than a ghost.

"I'm worried about the heartbeat of the Fae." Kai said.

Nikolai shrugged, "He's gonna be okay, what brings you here Alpha?"

Taemin interposed "I already told him he couldn't come with us.."

"That's nice of him, we're leaving tomorrow ACHIA!" he ended with a sneeze.

Taemin shook his head "You heard the sovereign, he can't come !"

"He said no surnatural, will you excuse me ?" He suddenly plunged his hand through Kai's chest and pulled out a huge, hairy thing.

"What is this !?" Taemin asked, backing away.

A huge wolf was standing in front of them.

"I ... it's .." Taemin looked at the wolf and Kai who was just as shocked at him.

"His wolf will accompany us, and with this excuse me I think I have done too much i must go to bed ... and as Fate even dead like to pisses me off, I have to sleep on the couch."

He was going toward it but Key took him by the arm "You come home with me, you and the baby." he said, his jaw tight.

"Can i say no?"

"No !"

"I had no intention of refusing anyway," he turned to Taemin and winked at Kai, "I'm coming back tomorrow, trying to have a good evening."

He took Key's hand with a smile. "The baby has your eyes a little, don't you think?"

Key grumbled before teleporting them.

Under the silence, Taemin didn't dare to turn to the Alpha feeling his cheeks going red.+++

Taemin swallowed loudly as Nikolai fled with Key leaving him alone with Kai. Nikolai's innuendo surely didn't escape the Alpha and Taemin immediately decided to break the ice and was going to wish him a safe return home.

"Well, let's meet eatch other" he turned to him and froze "...tomorrow."

The Alpha had just removed his jacket and put it on the armrest of the sofa.

"Uh..okay."

Kai watched him patiently waiting for the rest. Taemin looked around as if to seek help.

"That's it..um..you want to stay for a while? Watch TV ? I'm going to prepare something to eat." He went toward the kitchen "like pop corn .."

"A rib of beef ?"

Taemin turned to Kai who was still in the living room waiting for his answer. Taemin stopped himself from smiling.

"Why not, I bring it as soon as it's done."

He opened the fridge starting to hum when he heard the Alpha going upstairs muttering that he needed a shower.

Oh. My.God.

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

Taemin watched the meat cook in the pan and told himself that the Alpha liked it raw proably. He had never cooked so carefully before. Since his divorce he had learned to cook for himself and it was usually bacon, pancakes in the morning and omelette at noon. Not wanting to miss the baking he decided to cook it very slowly.

Doing that, he had time to let his thoughts wander. The fact that Kai was (apparently) his first love and friend left him perplexed. If Kai and Taemin had forgotten everything what about his parents and Daniel?

Hesitant, Taemin watched his cell phone on the table. Should he call ? maybe Daniel wasnt going to be happy to hear his voice. Never mind. Taemin picked up his phone and dialed Daniel's number hoping he didn't change it after all theses years.

The phone rang three times before someone picked up.

"Yes ?"

Taemin swallowed, "Hey, Daniel, it's me."

There was silence at the end of the phone "Taemin."

Taemin nodded even though his brother couldn't see him "I'm sorry to call you so late ... or call you at all because I know you don't like me much but I have something to ask you. "

"What ?"

Taemin hesitated a moment, "I was tested by a Shaman once when I was a child, right ?"

He heard like a choking noise "Daniel?"

"I'm here, go on."

"And that Shaman hurt me ? It's true right ?" when Daniel didn't answer, he grunted in frustration, "why didn't you tell me, why !"

"What is there to say ?!" shouted Daniel "we found you on the floor of the hut lying in your blood, your eyes completely white Taemin.You didnt recognize us, you didn't even know what was your name, we hoped that with time you will recover your memory, but it never happened until now, why now ! " he lamented.

"Are you angry at me because I found back my memory?" Taemin asked surprised.

"Isn't it you who's angry at us ?"

This time Taemin was silent "How so?"

"Your soulmate, the wolf. Dad said that a union between Shaman and Wolf would not bring anything, let alone between two men."

Taemin was beyond shocked.

"Taemin, talk to me."

"You .." he shook his head "Did you know who my soulmate was and hide it from me, you let me get married to another ?"

"Dad said you were happy .."

"How was i happy !" yelled Taemin cutting him off "the day before my wedding I asked you for advice Daniel, I asked you if I had to marry her because she was pregnant, what do you mean by ing happy !"

Daniel seemed exhausted on the phone "I don't know what to say to you."

"Tell me why you and our parent excluded me, why did you hate me if it wasn't my fault, or maybe you thought I couldn't defend myself and it's because of me..."

"No Taemin, no." Daniel replied, "dad was impressed that you came out alive, judging by your eyes, you almost died, but with that and the existence of your soulmate we hid from you .. they didn't have the strength to pretend to be there for you, neither did I, so i left the house as fast as I could. "

That was why Daniel had always ignored him?

"Taemin, are you there?"

Taemin hung up the phone and turned it off.

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

He called Kai when the meat was done , but the man didnt come down to the living room. So Taemin went up the stairs with the meat dish in his hand. Arriving at in front of Fate's room, he looked at the door. After hesitating a handful of seconds, he put the dish on the table near the door and knocked.

When he entered, he saw Ignis still in the same position as this afternoon. At the bedside of Fate holding his hand.

He approached slowly "Hey."

Ignis didn't turn around.

"Ignis, are you okay?"

Ignis shook his head.

"I'm sorry for Fate."

Ignis shook his head again "He asked me to talk to him, he asked me to trust him, and me..."

Taemin put his hand on his shoulder "You couldn't know what would happen."

"What's the use of all this magic I've accumulated if I can't even bring him back to life ?"

The bitterness in his voice hurt Taemin "We'll find a solution."

"I know, if there is no other way ... I will sacrifice myself for him."

Taemi almost chocked, "You're crazy, Fate would be furious ! listen, we'll find something ok ? don't lose hope."

Ignis nodded thoughtfully.

After a silence Taemin asked "So... have seen the Alpha?"

"He came to see me for a moment and then he went into your room, he's waiting for you."

Silence.

Holy