Chapter 44

Haunted Fate

Nikolai in Key's arms was in the hallway outside the door of his room where Fate's body was lying. Ignis didn't move staying by his side.

The Sovereign was worried in the hallway "Is he really dead?"
The Seer nodded.

The Sovereign turned to him "But how can this be possible for 's sake, it's not a surnatural he's immortal!"

Nobody answered.
"Does that mean the Shaman can kill creators too? I don't like that, I don't like it at all."

Taemin looked at Fate's body "Could we make him alive by binding him to his soulmate?"

The Seer sighed, "Someone like Fate doesn't become a spirit, he goes right into the den of death."

Taemin's eyes widened, so Fate was definitely dead?

The sovereign's face was white "And when the one whose name is not to be pronounced will know that there is something wrong we are going to hear from him, so I suggest that everyone leaves ..."

Before he finished smoke came out of the ground and grews about two meters. The Sovereign squeaked and stood near the Seer.

Nikolai stuck to Key, "What the hell is that ?!"

"It's Death." murmured the Seer.

The smoke revealed two yellow eyes that said in a somber and monotonous voice, "we have a surprising guest underneath, and I hate surprises just as I hate you all."

The Sovereign gulped "Death, I apologize it seems we have ... a tough ennemy."

"Excuses and excuses Sovereign, I hear your pitiful excuses every time you cross my path."

The Sovereign seemed to turn pale as the Seer stood in front of him. Was there a story between them ? thought Taemin.

The Death didn't talk for a moment "Fate has no place underneath."

"How is he ?"

At this unknown and hoarse voice they all turned to Ignis, staring at Death.

Death made a repetitive, hoarse sound that sounded like a laugh. "Is your other one aware that you exist ?"

"How is Fate ?" repeated Ignis.

Death seemed thoughtul "He just lie in one of my rooms."

"One of your rooms?" Squeaked the Sovereign.

"He has no place among the dead, Fate is an immortal being like me. If you don''t succeed in bringing him back to life, he will become one of my soul-reclaimers."

"How to help !" asked Taemin "Can he really come back to life, what to do ?"

"One life against another." Death began to disappear.

Silence.

"What if we bring the soul of the Shaman?" Nikolai asked, looking at Key  "It's a good idea, no?"

"The sacrifice must be made by a person who intentionally gives his life for Fate." specified Death before vanishing.

"..Ah." wwhispered Sehun. Ignis sat again near Fate.

"Listen," said the Sovereign, "I first propose that you take care of the Shaman."

"Us ?" Nikolai asked.

"Fate is dead, and Ignis will not want to leave his side, it's up to you and Taemin to get thoses pages back."

"And me." Key added.

"No Key not you. Zitao's land is smart, she recognizes people who have never been there, but Nikolai with Ignis went already there and since Taemin is a part of Nikolai he will not be detected either.They have to go alone. "

"I refuse !" Key spat.

"It's not for you to decide Fae, you no longer have any title of royalty remember ?" replied the Sovereign in the same tone. He turned to Taemin "I'm teleporting you there tomorrow."

He motioned the Seer to leave with him, leaving the others in the corridor.+++

He was running among the trees out of breath trying to escape what was chasing him in the forest.

Oh no, that dream again, said Taemin to himself as if it was a movie.

His legs tangled at the growl behind him and Taemin fell to the ground head first. When he got up, he removed the leaves in his hair.

"Fortunately the leaves have saved my fall !"

He squeaked when a wolf jumped on him and laughed as it his face.

What is that ? wondered Taemin seeing himself as a child of ten years old.

"Okay, okay sorry the purpose of this pursuit was to catch me.." he froze when suddenly the wolf turned into a young boy hugging his neck choking him.

"Uh ..." he clears his throat "Kai?"

The other boy caught his eye as he waited for him to continue to speak.

Kai ?!

"It's not the same to be hugged as a wolf and human ... besides if my parents see us like that they may be a little chocked. Let's forget that we are in the forest near my house."

Kai visibly withdrew, sulking. He was so adorable with his long hair up to the shoulder and the golden skin, it looked like mowglie. At this thought young Taemin chuckled. Kai tilted her head like a puppy trying to figure out what was so funny.

"You know Kai, today is the day I'm going to take the test of the great Shaman" his eyes sparkled with excitement "to know what is my shamanic level!" he clarified.

Kai frowned, "What's that?"

Taemin giggled at his direct question "To see if I'm powerful enough to take over the family, be the future leader."

Kai thoughtfully looked down at his bare feet "And ... can we still see each other?"

Taemin smirked and motioned for him to stay back. When Kai did, Taemin ran a hand through the leaves on the floor and a puddle of water appeared. Inside the puddle were two young men in their twenties, hand in hand walking to an altar where a priest was waiting for them.

Kai frowned, then looked at Taemin who was smiling.

"That answers your question, young wolf?"

Kai in response jumped back into his arms making him laugh.

Suddenly the puddle went black and steaming. Taemin's eyes widened suddenly.

"What is happening ?" Kai asked confused.

Taemin shook her head "I don't know..it's never done that, maybe I did wrong." he said without much conviction.

Kai frowned at the puddle "I'll protect you." he shook Taemin's hand.

Taemin looked at his hand and smiled. "It doesn't necessarily mean that something is going to happen, you know."

"Taemin !"

At this voice Taemin jumped "It's my mother, the Shaman must already be there, I have to go !"

"Can I come?" asked Kai

Taemin shook his head with a grin "You know very well that our species don't mix with Kai, imagine their reaction if they learn that we have been playing toguether in this forest for a month."

Kai released his hand reluctantly watching him walk away.

When Taemin ran into the garden of the house, his parents and older brother were already waiting for him.

"We make yourself desired from what I see." remarked his brother Daniel.

Taemin threw a transparent sphere towards him, covering his mouth.

"Taemin !" snapped his father.

Taemin lowered his head but didn't remove the spell silencing his brother who tried to remove it by himself.

"The great Shaman came especially for you, so make sure to be polite"  said his mother squatting in front of him to arrange his clothes "damn  did you roll on the ground ?"

Yes but he was gonna say it.

A shadow behind him made him turn around.

A tall figure covered with a black cloak was facing him. Taemin stepped back, not daring to look away.

"Taemin what are thoses manners, greet the Shaman !" reprimanded his father.

Taemin swallowed hard, his body trembling.

"Excuse him the great Shaman, my son seems impressed by your presence."

"I believe you."

He isn't a great Shaman, whoever he say he is, it's false. Thought Taemin.

The darkness surrounded him and his hands although hiding under black gloves seemed without flesh.

"He ... he ..." Taemin pointed at him, his face beading with sweat.

The Shaman took his hand crushing Taemin's fingers, who gave a painful yelp.

"I'm going to test him alone in the garden shed, if you hear him screaming don't worry, that's how I'll wake up all his powers."

Taemin's parents nodded as Shaman dragged a panicked Taemin to the cabin. Taemin shouted, begged, screamed, he didn't want to go in there. He felt that if he was going inside, some serious things was going to happen.

"Don't let him take me, don't leave me alone!" he shouted to his parents over his shoulder.

Watching them turn their backs and entering the mansion was such a shock to Taemin that he felt his heart shatter. Only his brother stayed in the garden watching him go away confused.

"Daniel ! Daniel, save me Daniel, Daniel !" he cried, tearing his throat.

The Shaman threw the little Taemin into the hut, and Taemin saw Daniel rush toward them before the door closed and was sealed.

Taemin recoiled carefully, not leaving the Shaman's eyes.

"You're less stupid than your parents I have to admit it." say the stranger taking off his gloves, showing his rotting hands where bones appeared.

Taemin let out a cry of terror sticking to the wooden table.

The hut shook dangerously making the Shaman look at the door "He too seems smarter rom what I see, but his low spells will not do much except empty his energy, so should we start?"

Taemin screamed as soon as the Shaman raised a hand to him. He felt the magic in him compressing on herself. The pain became unbearable when she reached her eyes. He screamed so hard that his throat seemed to tear from the inside, lying on the floor, his tears covered the floor under his face.

Suddenly a wolf cub appeared through the little window of the hut and without hesitation, opened his mouth wide and his fangs into the face of the Shaman. The Shaman screamed as the little wolf went on tearing every patch of skin. The blood of the Shaman flooded the ground with the rest of his face.

The Shaman howled with anger and taking the wolf by his fur, put a spell so powerful that Kai was thrown out of the window and onto the grass.

Taemin cried for his soulmate and with the little magic he had left, send the table against the Shaman.

Hearing his brother Daniel cast a new spell to open the hut, he sprang up on his legs and ran to the window "KAI !"

Kai had returned to his human form, lying on the grass. His eyes wide open, he trembled as if his body could no longer work. A huge scar in the shape of a cross had formed where his heart was.

"Kai !" he sobbed.

The Shaman took him by the collar of his shirt raised him in front of him "You will pay for it."

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

Taemin opened his eyes with a start on the couch. His back was covered with sweat and his face with tears. Had it been a dream? Taemin doubted it. It seemed like a time in his life that he had forgotten or was forced to forget.

If it was really true, what happened next ? did the Shaman attack Daniel ? in the memories of Taemin when he was a child, Daniel ignored him and spent the day in his room. He had no news of him when he left for college.

Neither during his marriage with Kate, nor for the birth of his son Jun.

He stopped thinking of the past when he felt being watched.

Alpha Kai Elesung had put his face on the couch a few inches from his. Taemin a slight move back.

"Alpha?"