Chapter 32

Haunted Fate

Nikolai stepped out of the house looking at the moon.
"Ah, it's the full moon, I knew it."
The others followed him into the garden. Taemin approached, dragging his soaked leg as if he were hurt.

"And what does that mean exactly ?"
"That on a full moon, wolves don't know how to do anything but let their animal side dominate them." Fate pointed at Kai digging a hole in the garden.

"Urinate is a part of his instincts?" Taemin looked at Kai making a mess of the garden, "Naughty wolf, get out of here!"
Fate chuckled while Nikolai replied "Among other things."

The wolf looked at Taemin, pulling out his tongue.
"I would say he likes you." added Fate.

"Maybe, but that does not explain why he's so far from his pack, and his wife." Taemin mumbled.

"Sorry ?" Nikolai asked scathingly. He turned to Kai "his wife ? then what are you doing here?" he asked, the humor gone.

Taemin shook his head "maybe he's .."
Nikolai threw up in a rose bush.

"My flowers !" grumbled a woman's spirit that Taemin had never seen before.
"You vomited where my grave rests!" an old woman said "despicable moron !"

Nikolai was shaking, his face white  "It's not ...ugh .. as if ... I was doing it on purpose !"
The spirits present ended up having pity on him advising him to drink tea.

"I have others things to do than drink water with plants in it !" Nikolai growled, raising his hands to the sky.

"Pregnancy does not suit him." say Karl appearing.
Kai growled , feeling the presence of spirits.
"Hey, here you are," said Taemin, passing a hand through his hair "I'm ..."
"Taemin I need to talk to you about something."

"It's serious ?"
Karl glanced sideways at the others "It can wait."
"Oh."
"Speak, if we can help you we'll do it." Say Fate .
"Talk for yourself." Nikolai croaked, his face pale. Ignis hugged him, soothing his tremors. "

"I have news of the killer... we thinks he'll appear during the supernatural gathering."
"Gathering ?" Taemin asked.
Fate chuckled "Social event in the supernatural community."
"What would he do there?" Taemin asked.
"I heard he would accompany a certain Zitao, Masters of Vampires." Karl replied.

Nikolai turned around quickly "Z ... Zitao did you say?"

Taemin looked at him worried. "isn't he the one who asked you where was Nemesis?"

Nikolai shook his head "Wait i understand now, Fate, the man who modifies your book is the same one who kills all these supernatural species and the same person who was with Zitao before."

Silence.

"And what's his problem, 300 years that he pisses us off !" asked Fate "Let's go to this party and let's settle it !"

"No." Nikolai said, "If Zitao sees me or Taemin, he'll kill us, and I'm sure he's still looking for Nemesis."

"And where is he right now ?!" Fate stamped his foot on the ground.

"That's the question that's worth its weight in gold - if we would have Nemesis as an ally, we would be invincible."

"What are you going to do?" asked Fate "you can't hide all your life Nikolai."

Seeing Nikolai so sad gave Taemin's heart a pang.

"Let's go there with the Alpha, under his protection no one will dare to touch us." Nikolai finally says.

"Are you sure you should go?" Taemin asked looking at his belly "we can get by .."

"I have Fate and Ignis plus to watch over me, everything will be fine, yes .." Nikolai seemed to try to convince himself "everything will be fine."

Together in the garden, they all knew that this evening could very well end in a fiasco.

They looked absentmindedly at the wolf leaving the gate without a goodbye, something between his canines.

"Where did he get this bone?" dubiously asked Fate.

Taemin looked at the hole in the garden with big eyes "Naughty wolf, give me that bone !"