Chapter 4

Haunted Fate

Taemin is trying to keep his immobility at his maximum since several minutes.
Lying in bed, he tries to let his breath relax. Which is not easy with the strange discussion happening in front of his bed.

"We should wake him up, Jaeshin." Said a little voice.It was perhaps Leila.
Damn, he's gonna have more trouble than he thought to pretend to sleep.

"Old Karl said he can't see us. And we can't definitely ask him to go there in a half sleep like the others nights he is questioned right ?" This time asked a voice of a younger but serious man.

"Karl said he could be a Shaman!" Said the little girl amazed.

"We're going to have to try to get in touch with him, it's tonight." Said the young man.
Tonight ? Said Taemin to himself.

"Their meeting start in an hour," he continues. "They're going to talk about this serial killer, we have to send Taemin !"
"WHAT ?!"
Taemin stand up so quickly that the spirits in the room gasped. He didn't think he could see them, but their appearance was as clear as if they had been alive.

They were not like what he expected.
They were dressed differently. The man named Jaeshin was dressed like royalty with blond hair and grey eyes and the little girl was brown from eyes to hair with a white dress embroidered as we see on the porcelain dolls.

Taemin makes sure that his voice worked by clearing his throat before speaking.
"The serial killer?" He repeats, trying not to let fear precede him.

The young man, Jaeshin, was still open mouthed, his eyes wide trying to form words "You ... you ... this is not possible .."
"It seems you can see us finally." Said someone to his right a smile in his voice.
Taemin turned toward Karl. The old man that looked at him in the mirror the other day.

"Only since the visit of Lisa Williams ." He replied sheepishly.
Karl nodded. "It's good that we have been able to get in touch with you, we've been trying since the day you settled in. We all could feel your power call us, but you obviously had no idea."

That's what Taemin didn't understand, why could he see them? He scratched the back of the neck .
"I'm not afraid of you all because i come from a family of mediums, but you're the first spirits I see." He said looking at them in turn "I am not supposed to have inherited the gift."

The spirits looked at each other and then turned their attention to him.
"Tell me Shaman, do you know the existence of wolf Shifters?"
Taemin's heart begins to beat dangerously "What...why ?"

Jaeshin replied, "There's a meeting of wolves tonight and we need you to go."
"Why do i have to go in there with you all ?" he asked.
"We can't leave the house except to follow the owner of it." said the little girl with a big smile.

Did they already followed him outside already ? "Is it important that i go?" He asked the question but he already puts on his pants. If spirits asked him to go somewhere then there must be a good reason.
Karl explained to him "They'll talk about things to do about the city and.. the serial killer."

"The serial killer?" repeated Taemin "what is there to discuss?" Something in him tilted "... is he a wolf too?"
Karl began "No .."
"We don't know," corrected Jaeshin. "for sure he's a surnatural."

Karl corrected "Right we don't know, we just know that we have to stop this killer before it's too late. And wolves may have important information."
"Excuse me for asking, but why is this important to you, I mean you are .." Taemin let the word hang in the air.
"Dead?" Suggested Jaeshin, "that doesn't stop us from worrying about this city, especially since if they continue to kill supernatural."

 ++

Somebody ran.
Trees were out of sight.
His breath was jerky.

He was already tired and wanted to rest, but the one who pursued him didn't heard it that way.

Taemin was being chased.
He tried to go faster, but he only managed to trips in the ground full of leafs.

For him it was the end.

Why couldn't he stop dreaming about Jackson ? Why his mind didn't want to leave him the alone?

He turned around in time to see a wolf rushing at him.

A Cub.
Black with a white heart-shaped spot on the muzzle.

He heard himself laughing. His voice not yet turned into a man.
Taemin was a child in that dream. Stretching his hands towards the wolf as if to take him into his arms.

He heard himself say with a laugh "You caught me again ###, here, let me kiss you. "

"TAEMIN !"

He woke up with a start hearing his name and realized that the taxi had already arrived at the wolf's meeting place.

"What are you doing ? pay the driver and let's go !" say Jaeshin.

Taemin nodded, giving the money for the taxi and asked himself why he was so happy after having a dream so weird.

He never knew a wolf when he was a child.++


He finally managed to reach that damn window.
Taemin passed a leg through the small entrance trying not to think of the six meters that separated him from the ground.

"You can do it !" Encouraged Leila already inside the building.
"I can't believe it, is it all humans that are so slow or is it just him?" He hears Jaeshin ask.
"Shut up." whispered furiously Taemin, aware that the wolves must be nearby. He finally passed through and found himself in a corridor.

It was dark except a small light in the distance and a red carpet that runs along the way.
He was not sure anymore that was such a good idea "And now?" he asked unsure.
Karl walked first "Here, follow me."

Stepping forward in the dark corridor, he could still see paintings representing famous personalities, he thought he recognize Abraham Lincoln, Marie Antoinette and Napoléon Bonaparte.
"Are we in a museum?" He asked at the sound of his steps echoing.
"Well guessed Sherlock." mocked Jaeshin.
Taemin didn't look at him "This place belongs to the Alpha of the pack?" he asked again.
"What doesn't belong to him in this city you mean." aswered again Jaeshin.

Taemin turned to him "You mean he controls the city?"
"Of course, how do you think he's protecting his pack ? duh."
Karl frowned "I'm surprised that you have not yet received his visit."
Jaeshin answered "They must be aware of his lack of magic, they must think he's harmless."
Aouch. Thought Taemin about to get down the stairs. Somehow that thought hurts.

Jaeshin seemed to realize it and looked at him worried. "I didn't mean to be rude."
Taemin would have told him that he was used to it, but at that moment he got his foot in the carpet and went down the last steps in a loud clatter.

"HOLY MOTHER OF HELL !" He immediately covered his mouth after his voice echoed in the hall.
Leila joined him eyes big. "Taemin, are you okay? you didn't join us on the other side, huh?"
Taemin frowned at the darker room "I don't think so ..."
"At this rate they will be all gone, i'm sure they have already begun the meeting, we must hurry!" pressed Jaeshin.

Karl looked silently at Taemin groping the floor, eyes lost.
"Taemin ?" He asked suspicious.
"Yes ?"
"You are blind ?"
The silence which followed that question was heavy.

Taemin finally raised a hand to his eyes laughing softly "Yeah, something like that."
The spirits stopped breathing. Which was funny as they didnt breathe.
Jaeshin shook his hands in front of Taemin without having reaction. "Karl, he's seriously blind !"

Taemin took a deep break to announce "I'm ColorBlind." they all turned to him simultaneously "from as far as I can remember, I've only seen black and white" he shook his head at their surprised faces " I don't know what the colors look like, I never saw them then ..." he casually raises his shoulders without looking at the spirits" it's plausible that I fall again. This happens to me at least once in a place i don't know. "

Jaeshin raised his hands to heaven as if to ask for help.
Karl nodded his head, looking at Taemin. "I'm sorry for bringing you into this, did you hurt yourself falling from the stairs ?"
Taemin nodded touching the stair bar to get up. "I have only a small pain in the knee but i'm ok, let's go."

He walks straight under the eyes of the spirits, but if we looked closer, we would have seen that he put all his weight on his left foot.