Chapter 50

Haunted Fate

WARNING: Zitao changed into Wu Yifan 

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

"Well, if I expected to see you again Nikolai."

The latter, seated at a table full of food, stared at Wu Yifan. He got caught as soon as he reached the floor below, as if he was expected.

"I had heard of your...miracle resurrection,I admit that seeing you there again, like that" he nodded to Nikolai from head to toe "in flesh after 300 years is quite .. confusing . "

Wu Yifan le regarda un moment avant de lui lancer un sourire sans humour

"Sorry to disappoint." Nikolai mumbled, biting his cheek.

Wu Yifan looked at him for a moment before giving him a humorless smile.

"How is the Fae?"

Nikolai didn't answer.

"How's Nemesis doing?"

"Haven't you found him in all this time ?!" he asked bewildered.

"I only have news about him recently, a few days before your return. You see, when I learned that his human lover had poisoned him I concluded that I had been rid of him for good. Imagine my reaction when I recently received news that he is walking the streets with a Jaguar-shifter brandishing a Government badge. "

Nemesis now worked for the government ? Wait with a Jaguar ? it tickled his memory. Hadn't Winwin said that he had discovered the surnatural world because of a man speaking with a Jaguar?

It would be a funny coincidence, but plausible.

"Enough about him, are you going to tell me what you're doing here?" Wu Yifan asked.

Nikolai hesitated, should he tell him ? "You should have known that it was only a matter of time Wu Yifan. If it's not me, others will come to fetch them."

"About ?"

"The pages of Fate." Nikolai said, his teeth clenched.

Wu Yifan looked at him for a moment then tilted his head to the side as if he still didn't know. Nikolai was about to make a scathing remark when he saw a scar under his left ear.

Oh .

The leader of the Vampires was also bewitched.

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

Having separated as soon as they returned, Fate was tasked with searching the Shaman's workplace for the missing pages of his book while hoping that he would not come across him on the way. Going up the stairs leading to the tower, he noticed that the castle was a cold place made of stone. It was like coming out of the Middle Ages without an ounce of color.

Fate had heard of the Vampire community. Often badly judged and prejudiced by the other surnatural ones, all lived in one and same place; Wu Yifan Castle. They were very closed in on themselves and for some time now had not been seen which was strange.

Where did they find something to eat ? why no Vampire had been presented to the Sovereign for all these years ?

Fate finally arrived in the Shaman's place and took care to open the door to see if there was anyone inside. Seeing it empty, he entered quietly and looked around. The first thing he saw was a sort of coffin placed in the middle of the room.

La première chose qu'il aperçue fut une sorte de cercueil placé au milieu de la pièce

Less than a minute goes by before he says out loud "Nope, I'm not going to open it. I find those damn pages and basta."

For a second he was panicked at the idea that it was the famous Nemesis inside but he didn't dare to check. Looking away, he took into account the condition of the pages on the cupboards and the floor. He sighed before going to work and looking for his precious pages. The faster he finishes, the faster he can find his Ignis.

He didn't hear the surnatural in the coffin move.

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

Taemin, accompanied by the wolf, had finally reached the floor of the apartments and was, judging by the signs of runes on the door, in front of the Shaman's room.

"Don't you think it's too easy?" he asked hesitantly to the wolf "we haven't seen anyone so far. Not even heard a sound."

The wolf simply nodded. Taemin hesitantly put his hand on the doorknob and was surprised to see it turn and open.

"Okay, this is really strange. Why is the door open? Would you leave it open if you were the Shaman? It smells like an ambush."

The wolf made a sound between a growl and a whine. When Taemin hesitantly looked at the room, he first checked that there were no inhabitants, unlike the wolf who entered without concern.

Deciding to follow his judgment, Taemin also entered and began to inspect the surroundings. The bed with closed curtains was worthy of medieval period films, in a burgundy red color.

What was strange was that there was no furniture, cupboard or bedside table.

What the.

A stifling cry from the bed startled Taemin.

"What was that ?" Taemin asked with trembling hands, was someone in the bed?

He approached the bed carefully and drew one of the curtains. He gasped in surprise when he saw a young man, feet and hands tied up on the bed. The bottom of his face was also covered by a ribbon, as tears streamed down his cheeks.

The man had his shirt torn.

Taemin rushed to untie his ties as the wolf climbed onto the bed and inspected the young man. Once detached, the man didn't move folded in on himself sobbing.

"Hush, hush ... it's going to be fine, it's okay now." Taemin patted his shoulder, trying to comfort him in vain "what's your name?"

"M ... Mir." said the young man in a weak voice.

"Mir, I'm Taemin it's going to be fine, you will leave with me. I mean ... with me and my companions."

The man seemed to calm down hesitantly saying "H .. how did you get in here?"

"By opening the door." funny question.

Mir shook his head "But ... the room is guarded by the runes."

Taemin looked at the room and indeed four runes were placed at each corner of the room. Exactly the same who was at the Alpha Kai when they were attacked by a ghoul .

"I am a Shaman too, you have nothing to fear. Come with me." he pulled away from the bed and Mir did the same hesitantly.

"But .. what are you doing here?"

"I came to get some pages... very important." he looked at the place  "I thought I would find them here, but I fear not."

Mir shook his head "If it's important he keeps them on him."

"Everyday ?" Taemin asked frowning.

"A Shaman doesn't need a Taemin pocket. He anchors them in his skin."

Taemin could not prevent his expression of revulsion.

"Fortunately you didnt go to the workplace of the Shaman. His new creation called 'RENJUN' would have killed you on the spot, it's made to keep the curious strangers away from his business."

Taemin discreetly thanked the sky that it was Fate who went there. He didn't see Mir watching his reaction closely.

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

"No, no, still no !" Fate tossed the pile of leaves in the air "but where could thoses damn pages can be!"

It was incredible, Fate had gone around the room and he still couldn't find anything. Not even a clue. Maybe Taemin and Nikolai had found them in the meantime ? whatever, Fate told himself that he was going to look for the surroundings again and if he still found nothing, would leave.

He jumped violently when the lid of the coffin in the middle of the room exploded.

"Wah what ...!"

He saw the man inside tearing off the wooden ends by hand preventing him from going out. Fate immediately relaxed.

"Oh you're awake. You know you just have push the lid to open it ..!"

Fate squeaked when the man finally got rid of the coffin and was within sight of him.

"Oh my God."

He couldn't believe what he saw. The stranger seemed to have had every part of her body sewn. He had the perfect face of a Fae, the hands of a ghoul, the claws of a feline, canine wolves, pentagrams all over his body ... what was that ? the famous creation of the Shaman ?

"I can't believe my eyes, he killed all these surnatural to create this abomination?" he said in disgust.

The man walked towards him with the grace of a feline as if ready to battle.

Fate drew back cautiously raising his hands as if to show his innocence "Hey calm down, I'm already dead ..!"

He couldn't believe his eyes when the man took him by the neck and lifted him from the ground, he could touch him ? but how ! it was there that he noticed his eyes that had changed color. It was eyes of a Shaman. Shamans could destroy souls.

"Oh ."

The man threw Fate against the door and the latter took advantage of it to flee into the corridor knowing that he had no chance against him.

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

Taemin groaned in pain as he felt his sore bones against the slimy floor. He slowly opened his eyes and quickly realized that he was in a dark room ... or rather catacomb.

No sooner did he try to lift his head than he couldn't help but vomit.

"Ugh..uh ew" he coughed "what .. where am I ?" he got up slowly, feeling a stabbing pain in the temple. He looked at his wet hands and jumped when he saw them filled with blood.

He took a few steps back and gasped in surprise at the number of bones adorning the walls and the blood on the rocky ground. Only torches along the way illuminated it.

"But what happened?" he asked the trembling voice. Only the echo of his voice answered him.

The last thing he remembered was that he and Mir had started looking for Nikolai.

Mir.

Obviously what an idiot, Eunwoo had said not to trust anyone. Taemin had been fooled. The last thing he remembered before landing here was that he was going down the stairs.

Mir had pushed me.

He looked up above him when he saw a hatch a few feet high.

..then threw my body away when he thought I was dead. Charming.

If judging by his headache, he must have had severe concussion. With his recovery capacities due to being surnatural, he should recover within 30 minutes to a few hours depending on the severity of his case. And again if judging by the blood dripping from his hair, it was going to take a while.

He looked down the dark corridor and under the sound of drops of water falling to the ground hesitantly asked "..Wolf?"

Although he had whispered, his question was echoed around him. He sighed and began to walk carefully, not knowing where he was going to end.