Chapter 46

Haunted Fate

Taemin walked slowly towards the door of his room and opened it discreetly.The Alpha was lying on the bed, a cushion wedged at his torso watching the television.

Taemin closed the door and looked at the hall with big eyes, his voice shaking "I need advice."

Silence.

"Someone appear there now, right now or I swear by St. George I make you all appear by force."

Karl appeared at his side. "Well, aren't you happy? you and the Alpha were so attracted to each other that it was almost impossible to stay in the same room."

Taemin pointed the door of his room with big eyes. Karl shrugged.

"I guess what Nikolai said about having fun tonight didn't displease him."

"But what do I do, what do I do !" he repeated,he shook the meat dish as if he as panicking.

Karl rolled his eyes "Jaeshin would tell you without hesitation if he decides to leave the room where he is hiding."

"It's not complicated what you have to do, he has already removed the top you just have to take of his pants."

At this voice, Taemin turned to Jaeshin wearing this time one of his pajamas. He had just come out of the bathroom.

"I don't know if I'm ready to this." confessed Taemin, swallowing.

"Let things happen naturally." Karl advised, "if you're not ready, he'll understand I'm sure."

"He will need a dessert to accompany the meat." Jaeshin raised his eyebrows.

"I think I'll spend the night at the hotel." Taemin mumbled feeling pale.

"Refused, you have a very pretty male waiting for you in a bed, and you made him wait enough." Karl said  "go, and don't make too much noise."

Taemin mumbled profanity on hearing him laugh and opened the door to the room.

Kai immediately positioned himself on his knees in bed and stared at the dish with lust. Taemin still couldn't believe he could see the colors now. The golden skin of alpha contrasted with the pale blue sheets.

He swallowed and handed the dish, trying to smile "I hope it will be to your liking.. I mean i suppose you are used to high quality dishes .." he stopped talking when Kai took the meat into his hands and bit into it with teeths a little too sharp to be human.
"Uh..good it seems to please you," he said with a confused laugh. Kai already started to watch TV again, Taemin looked around, not knowing what to do.

Kai glanced at him then at the place next to him. Taemin gulped and sat on the edge of the bed, looking at his feet uncomfortably. Kai sighed and wrapped his arm around his waist trying to get him to the middle of the bed.

Taemin squeaked and jumped out of bed "I ... I have to put something on more comfortable, I'm not going to sleep in jeans."

Doing his best to look at ease, he turned away and went to open his closet seeking a pajama if possible without printed Avengers.

Quickly removing his jeans, he asked to the Alpha behind him "It's interesting ?"

Not getting an answer, he saw over his shoulder the Alpha looking at his already empty dish.

Kai's eyes looked between Taemin's legs and face. Taemin swallowed and put on a pair of pants quickly - while tripping - before closing the closet "So.. this movie?"

The Alpha finally turned to look at the television when Taemin entered the bed.

"I don't understand." he said quietly with seeing the actor on the screen take the heroine in his arms.

"There is nothing to understand, they love each other that's all," said Taemin clearing his throat "that can't be explained."

"There is nothing to gain."

"We win a partner for life, and above all, happiness."

Kai looked at Taemin "Yoona gave me children, was there every day .." he shook his head "I didn't have happiness."

Taemin feel really sorry for the Alpha, he was pretty sure he was confiding for the first time.

He put his hand on the Alpha's one "You have to love the person for it to works."

Kai looked at him for a moment, seeming to understand and then looked down at their hands "I can't divorce."

Silence.

"I didn't ask." Taemin tried to be nonchalant but his voice shook.

"It's not I don't want to, I just can't."

"Oh...does she blackmail you?"

Kai looked thoughtful for a moment before nodding "Among other things."

Taemin wondered on what she could blackmail, what would count for the Alpha? "Does his threat include your pack?"

Kai lay on the bed, showing his abs while looking at the ceiling, "The pack is part of the alliance of our two families, and the city was given to me by his father."

Taemin winced. So if he wanted to divorce he was going to have to give up his role as Alpha and mayor of the city? Ouch. Suddenly Taemin wondered if it was a good idea to be together tonight.

"Does your wife know where ..?"

"Yoona knows where I am," he answered softly, "and I know where she is."

To his lover, thought Taemin, noting that Kai's wedding ring was not on his finger.

"If she has someone, if she's the one who cheated on you, she could make sure you keep your pack at least." grumbled Taemin.

"She went to see him because I couldn't give her what she was asking, it's my fault."

"Give what ?"

Kai montra la main de Taemin dans le sienne et l'embrassa

Kai pointed to Taemin's hand in his and kissed it "That."

Ouhlalala

Taemin swallowed "Kai, I don't know if it's a good idea ..."

He couldn't go further when Apha put his hands on his waist and leaned toward him to kiss him.

"W.. wait!"

He tried to back off but the Alpha kept his arms around him closely watching him. Taemin blushed .

"You have never slept with a man." Kai remarked monotonously.

Taemin stuttered, "Not everyone had .." he cleared his throat "the opportunity."

He squeaked when the Alpha laid him on the bed and climbed above him, he was so imposing that his shadow completely covered the light on the bed.

Kai looked at him with a grin seeing him uncomfortable and said "Me too." +++

Nikolai teleported with his soul mate Key in the middle of the living room, carrying the baby in his arms.

Looking around him, he frowned, "Look, it's weird, at this hour he'll have to be up to make his famous pancakes."

"He may not have slept through the night, worrying." answered Key distractedly rocking Sehun in his arms.

"Surely." Nikolai answered, a little dubious. He looked at the baby from the corner of his eye.

Key seeing him, approached Nikolai as if to show it. "He's handsome right ?"

"Hm hm .." Nikolai looked at Key "I hope he will not become like his future him."

Key's eyes narrowed at once, "Hm ... you didnt like him at first sight too."

"Of course, what arrogance !"

"That, it comes from you."

"Sorry ?"

"Nothing."

"Arrogant ? me ?"

"I am Nikolai Deucius and gnagnagna .."

Nikolai was offended trying to cross Key's eyes who was obsessed with the baby. "What..me ?..me ..!"

"Silence, I can't hear the tv." said a voice .

Key and Nikolai finally noticed Jaeshin sitting on the couch eating cereal with Kai's wolf watching Zig and Sharko.

Nikolai shook his head "Jaeshin, you're alone?"

"Taemin didnt wake up yet." The latter replied, his eyes glued to the television.

"Oh, and you you've finally become human again and the first thing you do is watch cartoons."

Jaeshin finally turned to him "I didn't ask to be alive again you know."

Nikolai shook his head as if bewildered. "You may not see them, but I hear the spirits of this house, and they would give everything to be in your place, to have a second chance to live their lives."

"Well, they can just take it !" suddenly shouted Jaeshin, he got up from the couch "what do you want me to do exactly ?! I have nobody Nikolai, nobody!"

He went up the stairs.

Nikolai sighed "I'll have to make a phone call to this Ben."

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

Taemin woke up tired.

Not because he had slept with the Alpha (at least partly) but also because he had only slept very little, the stress kept him awake.

He was going to have to face the man who had killed all those surnatural beings in Seoul, but also the one who had destroyed his life. He had spent the night thinking about what he could do, how to be helpful and not be a burden to Nikolai. Certainly it would have been much better if Ignis accompanied him, but he couldn't leave the body of Fate, his instinct of soulmate taking over.

Fate. Taemin opened his eyes and swallowed, a knot stuck in his throat. He swore to bring Fate back to life by any means.

Abruptly, an in his field of vision interrupted his thread of thought. Blinking, he lifted his gaze to meet the golden gaze of their owner who put on his pants.

Taemin feeling his cheeks blush tried to control himself "Hey."

The Alpha after pulling up his fly went and sat down beside him "Hey."

Taemin looked through the window at the dark sky "It's still early."

Kai nodded "But you already have guests in the living room."

Taemin opened his eyes wide remembering that he was leaving today with Nikolai "!"

He jumped up before realizing he was wearing nothing, oops!

He looked at Kai out of the corner of his eye to see if he had noticed it, but the Alpha looked at the window as thoughtful. Okay, Taemin admitted that he was a little disappointed not to be attractive enough to have the attention of the Alpha more than one night. He was leaving the room when he heard the Alpha mutter. "Yes I'm married."

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

When Taemin came back from his shower, the Alpha was no longer in the room. Taemin would have liked to see him one last time before leaving, but he thought he couldn't have everything in life. He quickly put on jeans and a leather jacket over a t-shirt before going down.

Il enfila rapidement un jean et une veste en cuir par dessus un tee shirt avant de descendre

When he arrived in the living room he noticed immediately that everyone was ready. When he saw Matthias eating a pancake with the Sovereign, he stopped.

"What is.."

"This young man was watching us through the window of the garden, I deduced that he was a friend of yours." said the Sovereign before opening his mouth for the Seer to cut him a piece of pancakes.

"Ah .." Taemin frowned, friend were spying on windows nowadays?

"When I saw the light of your house turn on at 4am I couldn't resist." said Matthias in between bites.

"Don't you never sleep then?" Nikolai mumbled. "Is he really human?"

The Sovereign choked "A human?" he looked at Winwin open-mouthed "am I going to be punished for revealing that the surnatural exists?"

"If he didn't know it before, now yes." said the Seer, seeing the Sovereign turn pale, "who is supposed to punish you ?"

"What a question, the Sovereign of course... aah." He smiled "It's good to be the boss."

The Seer stared at the ceiling as exhausted.

Taemin looked at the room and all the people talking at the same time. On a side, there was Nikolai and Key in the middle of a discussion as they were arguing over who was going to change Sehun's diaper, on the other was Kai huge wolf sleeping peacefully on the carpet and finally the Alpha alone in a corner.

Taemin was speechless "Alpha, you didn't leave ?"

Kai fronça les sourcils aussitôt confus cherchant Taemin du regard

Kai frowned at Taemin confused face  "Should i ?"

This time, the people in the room watched their exchange.

Taemin shook his head "N ... no of course, no, you can stay as long as you want, you can even move in." he said with a sheepish laugh. He blushed at once, realizing what he had just said, "it was a joke ... not that it would displease me, but, uh ... here." He snatched the dish from the Sovereign and handed it to Kai with a big smile. changing the subject "a pancake?"

Kai, without taking his eyes off the whole dish, put his cheek against Taemin's palm without a word.

The Seer contained his smile at the offended expression of the Sovereign. The latter went on to say, "Nice to see you are finally among us Mr. Lee."

Taemin bowed to the Sovereign "Forgive me for being late, Sovereign."

"Don't worry I understand your attention was elsewhere .." he watched the Alpha devour the pancakes "I understand ..." Kai's eyes rose to meet his gaze "OoOoh yes I understand .."

The Seer hit the back of his head.

"That's why the Sovereign like Fate, both are the two sides of the same coin." Nikolai whispered.

The Sovereign cleared his throat "Well, are you ready, I teleport you as close to the castle as I can." He rose from his chair "Don't forget, no magic, at least until you don't have others choice !"

Taemin and Nikolai nodded.

"Now I'd like you guys to step back, both on the carpet."

Nikolai and Taemin stepped forward as the Sovereign stared at the wolf lying between them.

"Uh..Fido can you go away please?" having no answer he continued "Medor? Snoopy? Filou? Titus? Pasha? Tango? Tik Tok?

The wolf growled threateningly at the same time as Kai.

Taemin cleared his throat "Nikolai made sure that the wolf spirit of the Alpha accompanies us."

The Sovereign looked at the wolf. "And you coudn't tell me sooner perhaps ?!"

"We didn't want to spoil the fun." muttered Nikolai.

The Sovereign looked at him for a moment before smiling in a way that didn't please Taemin at all.

"Spoil the fun .." he repeated slowly, raising his hand "hold on tight."

Taemin didn't even have time to look at Kai one last time he was teleported out of the house to find himself in the middle of a jungle.