Chapter 5

Haunted Fate

Irritated voices and inhuman growl were heard as they approached the meeting room.
The spirits asked Taemin to remain as silent as possible. The wolves had a developed hearing and often reacted on their instincts.

If they discovered him, they would think of him as a threat to their territory, and kill him.
"I did what i had to do !" Shouted a voice down the stairs.
Taemin half crouched looked down at the room through the bars of the staircase where a group of mens were gathered and two of them had teeths ... more than sharp.

"You left before Liam took over, you left your post!" Roared the other man.
"There it goes again," replied a mocking voice among those he presumed wolves.
The two wolves stood face to face and it was as if the first one who turned away lost.
"Ben, Simon enough."

At this order the two men simultaneously lowered their eyes and looked to a corner of the dark room.
A man Taemin had not seen before was sitting on an armchair. Darkness hiding his face, he could only see his overpriced shoes.
Jaeshin looked curiously at Taemin "Aren't you uncomfortable by their presence?"
Wondering why the spirit asked this question, he shook his head silently.

"Sorcerer and wolves can't bear to be in the same piece. It is in their nature to hate each other." precised Karl.
Wait,why did he call Taemin sorcerer instead of Shaman? wasn't it like that ,that we called persons who can see ghosts ? he promised himself to know more about this information later.
"Cedric." Said the hidden man that Taemin considered like the alpha. He had pronounced the name as if his interlocutor already knew what to do.

A man of about fifty years advanced. He was wearing large glasses and his curly hair was a huge tuft above his head. "The serial killer this time killed a 68-year-old Fae, very young. She had already told to some of her friend that she felt followed, they thought she was paranoid with all the supernatural murders."

"The perimeter has been closed?"

"Yes Alpha," said the man called Cedric "although it was not easy, we closed it for a week."
"What does the Alpha think we should do ? Are we continuing the patrols?" Asked the one called Simon.
"This is useless, it would be necessary to ask the others dangerous species to leave !" said the wolf Ben growling.

The Alpha chuckled and said "If we listen to you, we will banish ourselves. We are just as dangerous if not more" after a while he sighed resigned. "Yes, continue the patrols in town and make sure that the Surnatural community don't panic, at the first mistake, we will caught him. "
The certainty in his voice made Taemin shudder. Whoever was this murderer, he had made a great enemy.
"We know more about this killer?" asked the Alpha to everyone.

Cedric said"We talked about it and we ended up suspecting that it could be a Ghoul ."
Taemin Scoffed. as if Ghouls existed.
"They exist." Confirmed Karl as if he had read in his thoughts.
Seriously?

Taemin noticed that the wolves  suddently were silent and looked around.
They heard him .
"We better leave now" suggested Jaeshin, was his voice shaking ?

The man with the glasses continued to speak as if nothing was happening, he probably wasnt a wolf. "My personal theory is that he's kills supernatural to appropriate their magic essences."
After a moment's silence the Apha spoke again "Is it possible?"
"Taemin, we need to leave." Said the little girl Leila, beside him.

But Taemin was was immersed in the wolves's discussion.
"Yes Alpha" confirmed Cedric "Ghouls can generally take power from others sunatural by eating them."
Silence.

The Alpha scratched his neck "That would explain why some body parts were missing."

Taemin swallowed without being able to hold back, loudly.

Big error. The shadow of the Apha's head seemed to lift up the stairs where Taemin was hidden. The wolf named Ben had apparently also heard because he also turned his head to where he was . Taemin 's heart beats near breaking and the scene that followed looked hundred pourcent worse than the chase Jackson gave him months ago.
Ben smiled. His mouth widened, and inhuman fangs lengthened followed by a cacophony of grunt by the others wolves that made him shudder.

"RUN TAEMIN !"
He didn't look at whose spirit said it, He escaped to the dark corridors.  ++

 He turned at each intersection of corridors without knowing exactly where it goes.
Taemin was running away from the wolves since what seemed to him to be hours but must actually be a handful of seconds. He escaped one of them - called Ben - turning at the right moment ago, and could dodge bloody claws. He didn't have the courage to turn around to see his aggressor and now he was walking down the stairs of the hall as if the devil were on his heels.

It's there that he feels like an icy breath on his neck "I got you little rabbit."
Ben.

Taemin was so surprised that his feet tangled. He got ready to go down the stairs head first when he felt his body supported by two hands before his knees hit the ground.
"I've got you." Murmured a voice.

Good God,it was the Alpha.
Taemin's eyes remained obstinately lowered, refusing to cross the gaze of this dangerous man. His heart beats to break and his breath jerky.

I'm going to die I'm going to die I'm going to die I'm gonna die

"Alpha!" The wolves eventually found themselves in the same room while Taemin was still held by their leader, his legs trembling.
The Alpha spoke before the silence becomes more troublesome. "Cedric."
The man with the glasses said "It seems to me that he's the young  Murakami who moved into the house built under the cemetery."

Under the what ?! Taemin was almost imperceptibly started, but the man who held him seemed to have felt it.
"Alone ?" asked the Alpha.
Cedric nodded "Yes Alpha, that 's what his file says. He divorced his wife two days before he came to Busan."
Apparently they were well informed. Though Taemin somehow pissed.

"I thought our informants were meticulous." Calmly observed the man who holded him.
"Alpha?" Asks Cedric curious.
Taemin felt the Alpha turning him toward his pack "This young man is blind."

Silence.
"Impossible !" Cedric cried.
"It's true, did you at least see his eyes?" The Alpha turned Taemin towards Cedric holding him by the shoulders while Taemin keeps obstinately his eyes riveted on his feet. He feels the man with the glasses take his breath shaking subconsciously the head.
"I didnt know Alpha, really." Cedric seemed shocked.

"He's blind so what ?!" said the wolf call Ben "he was spying on us, he may very well be a spy for the wizards' advice or whatever he is !"
"A spy would have an invisibility spell, and this one is known to be without magic." Aaron replied.

He felt the Alpha squeeze his shoulders while Cedric spoke, then said "He had to be locked in the museum by mistake. Benjamin, asks one of the cars to wait for us at the entrance."
Without looking, Taemin heard one of the wolves open his cell phone and do what the Alpha had asked him.

"I bring him to the entrance wait all here." the Alpha began to move towards the door when several wolves protested his decision "Silence!" His tone was so dry that they obeyed immediately (even Taemin who froze like a statue).

He continued his walk toward the exit, not leaving his arm from Taemin 's shoulders, and holding him firmly against his side. Taemin feelt like the red hood: if he made a single wrong step, he would be devoured by the evil wolf. The body the Alpha was burning against his left arm, was this characteristic in wolves?
He jumped when the Alpha talked into his ear. "You don't have to tremble Mr. Cheong, I'm sorry if the few growl you heard frightened you, it was ... guard dogs."

Taemin had to giggles at that it was a good one.
The Alpha went on, "I'm sorry about what happened to you, the guards didn't do their job right, they should have been sure that the place was empty before closing the museum, and if I can do anything don't hesitate, I'm the mayor of this city. "
Taemin was not trusting his voice, so he nodded his head. He was confused when he felt the Alpha bring him more against him and sniffed his hair.

It must have been one of those weird wolf-like tricks to sniff out, go find out.

A black car with tinted glass stopped in front of them and the Alpha encouraged Taemin to climb. Once installed, Taemin burned of desire to meet the man's eyes who was standing by the door and who didn't seem to be hurrying to let him go. The Alpha was studying him minutely as if he felt like he was missing something.
"Alpha?" Asked the driver hesitant.
"Bring him in front of the house under the cemetery, and make sure that he's inside before leaving."
Taemin saw the driver turned pale at the mention of the house but quickly lowered his eyes again.

"Yes Alpha," the driver replied.
Let's go let's go! 

He was so eager that Taemin suddently giggled to himself, but immediately stopped when the Alpha turned to him.
"Hreum," Taemin hesitated.
"Bring him back." Said the Alpha to the driver before finally closing the door and Taemin quietly exhaled as they left the street.

ing spirits who disappeared.