Chapter 6

Haunted Fate

"For the thirty-one time we apologize!" Pleaded Jaeshin.
Taemin ignored royally the spirit accompanied by Karl and continued to tear up the bad plants, on all fours in his garden.

"We didn't think in the spur of the moment, we panicked. Do you know that the wolves are sensitive to our presence even if they don't see us?" He continued.

Last night, when he discovered he could see the spirits that haunted his house, Taemin agreed to spy on a wolf pack meeting to find out who was the serial killer of Busan. Unfortunaly he had been caught by the wolves and the spirits had flown away (in the true sense of the word).

Finally by an incredible miracle, Taemin came out of the museum in one piece thanks to his eyes too light, too clear to have the sight for the Alpha.

Yes he survived, but that didnt stop Taemin from feeling like a idiot. He risked his for them ! did they have to leave him like that ?!

In an excess of anger he snatched a rosebush.
"Oops." He whispered.

"Taemin Murakami ?"
Hearing the somewhat familiar voice behind his back, Taemin looked at the spirits  who looked behind him scared.
Karl took his breath "It's one of those wolves Taemin, be careful."

Taemin nodded his head imperceptibly and stands up ready to turn to his visitor. But he made sure to look at the ground pretending again to be blind. how long he could make them think that he didn't know.
"Yes." he said.

The wolf Ben in front of him seemed to observe him attentively.
He tilted his head to look at Taemin 's eyes hidden beneath his thick lashes and did a sort of snapping with his tongue. 
"You are beautiful. Very beautiful, I would even say too much to be human, I would have sworn that you didnt look like that yesterday while you clung to our Alpha."

What the hell was he talking about?
"I wanted to tell you too," whispered Karl, Taemin saw the wolf jumping abruptly "Your powers amplified since yesterday, they have modified you somewhat physically ... Oh nothing blatant but..it's here."
Cool. Better and better.

He noticed that Ben looked at the garden with anxiety.
Ah yes, the story that a cemetery was under this house almost escaped Taemin.
The wolf seemed to take hold and leans over to meet Taemin 's gaze and grab his right wrist "I came here to give you a warning." the hand on his arm became more insistent "blind or not, dont put your nose in the pack affairs it's clear? I dont believe for a second that you accidentally locked yourself in the museum, so stop it. "

He growled, a sound so familiar that Taemin's legs dropped, making him fall to his knees, at the same time a voice interrupted them. "Is everything okay?"
Ben and Taemin turned to the sound of the voice, the son of the neighbors - Taemin didn't know the name - was in front of the gate a balloon in his hands and a curious expression.
them. Taemin nodded his head frantically not trusting his voice.
"I would not say that twice sorcerer" whispered Ben in his ear "stay at home talking to the walls if you want to live in Busan peacefully."

The wolf turned around, ignoring the teenager who was entering the garden and now heading for Taemin. "Are you OK Mr. Murakami ?"

Taemin didn't answer, too shocked watching the wolf go away.  ++

Taemin went in his house helped by his young neighbor - he learned that his name was Matthias - and came into the living room.
"You should sit down Mr. Murakami." Matthias said.
"I'm fine thanks, please sit down and you can call me Taemin ."
What Matthias did after Taemin took a chair across.

"Are you sure you're okay?" persisted the young man.
Taemin Shrugged "I fell by myself."
"But he clearly threatened you, I saw it by the way he took you by the arms, by his glare !"
"It's only a slight misunderstanding. Thank you anyway for helping."
Matthias blushed under the bangs that covered half of his face.

Taemin got up from his chair to go into the kitchen "Can i get you something to drink ? no alcohol I want to clarify, you're too young." 
Matthias chuckled, Hands in his pockets "Then a lemonade please."
Taemin nodded "It will not take long, make yourself feel like at home."

He got into his kitchen, letting his guest wait and fetched ice in the fridge.
"They have more audacity than I would have thought thoses beast." Murmured a voice behind him.
"Jaeshin." Karl growled.
"There was a time where threats between wolves and shamans would have turned into a war between the two species!"
"I'm a sorcerer or a shaman?" Asked Taemin dropping ice cubes into the mixer. He spoke softly, no louder than a murmur for fear that his voice will carry up to his neighbor in the living room.

Karl looked a Jaeshin confused.
Taemin goes on "Only the shamans can interact with the spirits, why did Ben call me a sorcerer, and now that I think of it Jaeshin, you asked at the museum how as a sorcerer I could bear to be near wolves."

Taemin mixed the ice cubes with the lemonade while Karl said  "Well..you are rather contradictory, Your capacities tell you are a shaman but your aura tells you are asorcerer, you have a lot of magic to simply know how to speak and sees spirits."

"And why have not i got this power before?" Taemin asked, it didnt make sense.
The spirits shrugged their shoulders synchronously.
"Is it possible to be two species at once?" He asked again.
"It would have to be the 50/50 two-party family on both species." Answered Karl.
It was impossible in his case because his mother's ancestors were all humans.
"An Hybrid?" Suggested Jaeshin. " it's really rare."
Taemin scoffed "To be a Hybrid as Karl said, one of my parents has to be a sorcerer but in my family there isn't."

Jaeshin reflected. "Anyway, one thing is certain, you're not just a shaman, even the wolves have felt it."
"What then?" he poured the liquid into two glasses. He didn't hear or seen Matthias coming slowly behind him.
"We should consult Nikolai." said Karl . Jaeshin nearly choked.

Taemin frowns taking the glasses in hand "Nikolai?"
"Who is he ?"

Taemin turned abruptly as he'd seen Matthias so close to him and knock down the two glasses on the ground in a huge crash.