Chapter 3

Haunted Fate

He's still shook by what he'd seen in the video when he climbed the stairs that leads to his room. When he reached it, he went to one of his jacket pockets near the entry to get a box of aspirin and swallowed three pill of them. Just then he could finally breathe. 

He opened his eyes and looked at the room in the silence he has been using it since a week. Something began to rise in him -panic- without being able to prevent it, which was ridiculous.

He was alone.

Right ?

He took a deep breath feeling himself being watched, and without thinking about it say out loud
"I'm not crazy."

Immediately after saying that his discomfort grew, feeling even more oppressed. As if something was trying to reveal itself. But couldn't.
"I'm not crazy ..and i'm not alone." his voice was shaking so bad.

He could see while saying this in the corner of his eyes an hand coming out of the shadow's corner. He didnt try to check proprely.

He runned away from the room.++

Taemin felt relief to finally see a car parked in front of his driveway. He got out of his porch to meet her as a woman got out of her car.

"You are the medium Lisa Williams ?" He asked gulping.
She observed him ignoring his hand. "I was not told my client was blind." She said in a dull voice.
He frowned at her confused "I'm not."

Then he raised her glasses with a grin before finally shaking his hand. "You have to be the owner," she says. 

He nodded. They both turned around to look at the house. Taemin tried to think of what a stranger would see.

The house was an american style, completely white. The paint crackled at some corners and the porch was made of a light brown woods. The garden was way more than a week ago and Taemin liked it.

Lisa looked at it before saying "So this is the house that is said to have ... the mark?" She asked aloud.
Taemin will nodded again before he understood what she had just said.

"Have you heard about this house?" He asked.
She lets out a little snicker. "Who didnt hear about it you mean. You've been here for how long ?"

"One week." He replied, feeling uncomfortable under his gaze.
"Stay on more week and you break the record. Thirteen days is the amount of time the previous  acquirer spend in this house. They all left half crazy, saying they should not disturb them. "

This caused a drop of sweat to flow down Taemin's back.
He finally admitted, "I feel that i'm not alone. I sometimes feel like I'm in the middle of so many people that i'm suffocating."

She didnt seem surprised "Well, we'll see if we can fix it." She got in the porch's house, Taemin on his heels.
"Why didnt you inspect that house before, if you knew about it?" He asked curious.

"Because I need approval from the buyers, and unfortunately for a first anomaly, they refuse to return." Arriving at the door, she turned to face him. "What have you witnessed ? You heard laughter, shouting ? objects were moved, disappeared, blood traces, appearances in the mirror ?"

Taemin choked with his own tongue.
"No, if it had happened to me I would not be here anymore ..." something made him tilt for a second, "that's what happened to the others ?" he asked as he was in front of the door of the house.
"For the most part." she said, with a gesture of disdain.
He shook his head. For now he was going to trust her.

"I think there is a silhouette on the steps of my door every night and I saw an old man in my mirror two days ago" he opened the door of his house letting her in "and before i called you, i also saw a hand appear out of the shadow but now I'm not very sure."

"Let me judge the situation" She was already in the living room when he joined her after closing the door. She looked at the surroundings without letting her eyes land on a fixed point.

He suddenly had a bad feeling. "Are you sure of what you are doing, they are not going to get angry ?" He whispered, twisting his hands.
"You bother me with your negative waves, go away!" She said to him suddenly, with a gesture of the hand telling to him to leave.
"Sorry ?" He asked more than stunned.

"They can't show up because of you, go to another room!" She said, raising her voice. Without another words, he got into the kitchen.

Why should spirits break their pipe in order to not appear before him? They were not so shy when they made him talk about all his past secrets ! Deciding to leave it aside for now, he wondered if the dreadful medium would accept a cup of coffee.

He suddenly heard a cries coming from the other piece, and he'd ran in there. The medium ran toward the door barefoot looking wild, livid and moored.
"This house is the evil reincarnated and you live there as if nothing is wrong ?!" She shouted.

Before Taemin could answer, she shouted to him to go and consult an exorcist before slamming the door violently.
Leaving him alone.

"We really did it this time," said the voice of an old man.
Having heard the voice behind his back, Taemin feels his blood freeze. But forced himself to keep his eyes on the door.

"It was a liar we had no choice. Taemin was going to be robbed right Karl ?" now it was a little girl's voice "if we had not decided to show up, she would have never seen us."

Karl replied "It's true that what this lady did was not good, but today we showed up at Taemin for the first time, and not in a friendly way."
"Oh no please no, tell me he will not leave!" the little girl moaned. Taemin heard tears in his voice. He didnt know if he should be touched that the spirit of a little girl was crying for him.

"Taemin is a human Leila. It's normal for him to be afraid."
"But you told me you feelt his powers as a shaman, he can stay!" she replied.

His powers of shaman?

He feels the old man shakes his head.
"He has powers. I can feel it flowing through his veins, but it's strange. He don't even seem to know he got magic. A lot of magic."

Taemin gulped loudly heading toward the kitchen pretending to go get a drink.
"He will never see us then, is he going to leave?" Leila asked in a resigned tone.

"As long as he doesnt use his powers, it will be impossible for him to see us, and I fear he decides to move." Hearing the girl cry, Taemin resisted more than anything to turn around, he heard the old man take her in his arms to comfort her, then the second after the complete silence.

He didnt dare turn round, the fear tying his entrails. He waited another 20 minutes with a glass in his hand in the middle of the kitchen to be sure they will not come back and then climbs the stairs leading to his room in the dark.