chapter 28

Haunted Fate

Taemin was still wondering what was going on behind the door that Ignis, opened the door wide. Ben, who knocked on the door, almost fell forward when he opened it.

Taemin was able to see Liam and Simon behind Ben.

"Where is he !" Ben asked Ignis frowning. When the latter did not answer, Ben tried to enter in vain.

"Let me pass !" he growled dangerously.

"Ignis, please." say Taemin.

Ignis took a moment and then walked away from the entrance. Ben passed without waiting and looked around him. He ignored Nikolai, who was still white-eyed, his hand on the book and headed for Taemin. "Where is he ?"

Taemin was speechless, his cup in his hand "Sorry?"

"Jaeshin, where is he ?!"

Silence.

"Where is he !" Ben repeated his fist tight. He seemed very angry.

Taemin looked at Jaeshin behind Ben as a spirit "He..he is .."

He didnt know what to say when Ben tried to grab him by the collar of his shirt.

"Ben stop !" Liam scolded him, taking his arm. From there the wolves ended up fighting in the middle of the living room under the eyes of Fate who sipped his tea quietly.

"I never liked wolves."

"If a person has a soulmate, they are supposed to meet right ?" Taemin asked.

"Obviously." answered Fate.

"The soulmate of this wolf is dead, since a long time ago."

Fate froze "They never meet ?"

"What ?"

Taemin turned to Ben who was knocked to the ground by Ignis's feet on his head.

"You said what ?" repeated Ben his face white "dead?"

Taemin looked at Jaeshin to see if he had to tell the truth but the spirit stood there, arms crossed.

"What's all this mess?"
They all looked at Nikolai who, his eyes having recovered their original color, looked at the wolves on the ground. "What the are you doing here ?"

"Did you find something?" Fate immediately asked.

"Nothing, rien, nada."

"How can you say that with the amount of power you have ..!"

"I'm only half as powerful, you split my power you remember?" he pointed Taemin "Anyway, yes, I saw something, but I doubt it will serve us much."

"Go on, say it."

"I saw a dark cloak." said Nikolai.

Fate waited a moment "That's all ?"

"That's all."

"A hoodie played with my book of destiny ?"

"A cape not a hood, And yes, precisely the person wearing this cape."

"Either capes are in fashion, or he's the same person I saw at the club." said Taemin thoughtfully.

Nikolai point Taemin proud "Exactly, among other things, everything has a link..i don't like that."

"Answer me dammit !" shouted Ben.

They all looked at him surprised.

"I misunderstood right ?!"

Nikolai did a Tsk "He's dead."

Silence.

"If it's for Jaeshin that you're here ... well it's too late. He's dead and definitely six feet under the ground, and you know what, when I asked him if he wanted to live again he said to me You want me to live to see my soulmate go with other women ? "

The other people present didn't know where to go, embarrassed. Ben was trembling trying to speak but no words came out of his mouth.
"You don't understand ?" Nikolai asked as if he was an idiot "Ask your geek Cedric to talk to you about the ritual of bonding, I'm sure after that you'll be more than happy to know he will not be in your paws anymore."

Jaeshin by the stairs was watching the scene without flinching. He watched his soul mate squeeze his fist and without saying a word, slam the front door.