Chapter 26

Haunted Fate

"Are you sure Nikolai?"

Nikolai finished drawing the circle and looked at Taemin with a bored expression. "I don't know, I've been doing it for decades, what do you think?"

Taemin rolled her eyes "But do we really have to do it in my garden ?!"

"The circle must be in contact with the earth."

"And him ?" Taemin pointed to Matthias, the neighbor was sitting on the floor staring at them and eating popcorn. "Why is he here?"

Nikolai looked at Matthias sitting against the bushes "Because he watches us from his window day and night and waits for something like that to happen."

Silence.

"But it's creepy." Taemin said in a low voice.

Nikolai shrugged, Matthias didn't look upset.

"So...how should we call him?"

"I don't know," Nikolai replied, before Taemin could get angry, he continued "since now he should have known that I'm back to life, he usually likes to make me angry so I don't understand why he pretend he doesn't know I'm still alive, something is wrong. "

"Maybe he doesn't really know?" said Taemin.

"How could he not know it, he's fate."

"Hey."

They turned to Matthias.

"Do something that is not written in your destiny, maybe he'll notice it, he come see what's wrong."

Nikolai pointed to Winwin "Not bad !"

"But what exactly?" Taemin asked.

"That." Nikolai raised his hand to the sky and snowflakes immediately fell into the garden.

"What ..." Taemin watched the snow fall while Matthias shivered in his mini shorts.

Nikolai smiled "If that does not call him .."

"WHO IS DESTROYING MY ING FLOWERS!"

Everyone jumped when an angry blond young man appeared in the middle of the circle.

It was Fate.++

Taemin looked at the young man in the circle wondering if this was the awful person Nikolai described, he looked harmless at first sight.

Fate had his eyes on Taemin apparently not noticing Matthias or Nikolai.

"Oh, look who do we have here." Fate looked at Taemin, "I'm surprised that you called me, it was not written in your destiny, like that snow. Damn snow from where does it come out ?!" he fumed, looking at the snowflakes falling from the sky.

Taemin was going to talk but Fate continued "At last, even if you inherited some powers from your previous life, you do not have enough to do this kind of things. So tell me why you called me, you have questions about your past, what kind of person were you? " Fate folds his arms and giggles" let me tell you that you were like a pain in the ... "

Then he saw Nikolai on his right looking at him with his arms folded.

Silence.

Fate looked at Taemin and Nikolai confused.

"Finally, you noticed me." Nikolai said in a stoic tone.

Fate looked at him ready to explode "What ... what are you doing here, why are you alive!"

"What's that stupid question!"

"Shut up, something is wrong !" a book appeared from nowhere in the hands of Fate and he flipped through it carefully "you are not in my list, you have no destiny what the !" he closed his book making it disappear "what are you doing here!"

"You know very well that I prophesied that one of my descendants would resurrect me."

"But, you do not have a descendant !"

Nikolai pointed to Taemin. "And what's that, an apple pie !?"

Fate seemed to think. "I didn't think it was going to turn like that, I thought if I reincarnated a part of your soul you could go on living, how lucky was it for your reincarnation to come live where your body resides, and that it wakes you up! "

Nikolai frowned, "You're telling me that Taemin is part of my soul, you stole part of my soul to reincarnate me, Taemin is me ?!" he raised his voice as he spoke.

"Oh ," Matthias mumbled.

Taemin was in shock "Wait..you mean I'm Nikolai ? A clone? I'm the first sorcerer created ?!"

"No wonder I can't have my powers back, you split them into two people!" Nikolai gasped.

"How I would have known you were going to come back to life ! I tried to wake you up, but I could not because your creator forbade me ! I was severely punished for stealing a part from your soul to reincarnate you ! " growled Fate.

"But ... why did you do that Sungjong? I mean, we hate each other."

Sungjong aka Fate looked at him a moment "You hate me, but for me you were a hobby."

"It's supposed to be touching ?"

"I spent 280 years waiting for someone or your creator to wake you up, I ended up cracking and stole a part of your soul ! I was not powerful enough to fully reincarnate you, your creator was not not very happy with what I did. "

"Didnt you fall into his trap instead?" asked Matthias. "I mean, if you didnt do that, Taemin would never call Nikolai, and he would not have come back to life, I think his creator was waiting for you to react in those 280 years."

Silence.

"That motherer." Sungjong whispered, "he got me."

"Good," said Taemin, shaking, "I guess the mystery is solved, I'm Nikolai at least partly, so this is why being born into a Shaman family, I'm also a sorcerer."

"But our characters are the opposite !" Nikolai said.

"We all have many face." Taemin shrugged.

"I still can't believe you came back to life in your body ..." said Fate looking at Nikolai thoughtfully.

"What ? why are you looking at me like that ?" replied the latter.

"If you came back to life, does that mean you're still pregnant?