Chapter 10

Haunted Fate

They ordered cake and muffins while waiting for Matthias to show up at the Chocolat Shop.
Once he was there -mostly out of breath with his computer in hands- Taemin could start.

He repeated what Jaeshin have seen in the crime's scene. The victime was a young man in his twenty, apparently a young cat shifter who happenned to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. He had a huge hole in his heart and parts of his body were missing.

Matthias made a face looking at his cake.

"Thanks God i'm a ghost, or i would a throw up." Jaeshin sighed. Then made a face even more digusted when he looked at Nikolai's mouth full of chocolate "can't you act like a person at least while you're eating ?!"

"Shut up, i didn't eat for three ceintury." said Nikolai offended.
Taemin could die of embarrassment seeing all the clients looking at them.

Matthias changed the subject asked "Did they say why could have attacked him ?"

Taemin shook his head "Jaeshin said he didn't hear very much."
Matthias opened his computer "Then let me look at what is saying the newspaper."

While waiting, Taemin looked at the windows letting out a sigh.
The weather was very bad in this season in Busan. it was mostly grey and the wind was strong enough to make the rain fall awry.

Well he said mostly grey but he was colorBlind so what was making a difference.

"Taemin ?"

Taemin looked at Nikolai then suddently said "We should give up."

They all looked at him.
Nikolai was the first to talk frowning "What are you talking about ?"
Taemin looked at Matthias "We have an human, two spirits, a sorcerer more weak than a kitty and finally me, who don't even know what i am !"

Nikolai stuttered "A kitty  ?!"
Matthias scoffed in his coffee.
Taemin sighed "Yes a kitty, open your eyes Nikolai you-are-weak. Too weak, you even said that the wolves didn't feel much magic coming from you !"

Nikolai looked horrified "Because my magic is asleep she didn't disappear ! whoever is that thing who is killing surnatural species isn't more strong than me !"

Taemin shook his head. He wasn't going to win this.
"And i will train you."

Taemin looked at him, scared he heard him right "What ?"
"You are my descendant Taemin of course i will train you, let you know how much power you have."

"I don't need to train my powers i'm fine like that !" he really didn't need it. His life was enough messed up.
"How could you be fine !" said Karl intering the discussion "you are no longer human !"
Nikolai nodded "He's right listen to your spirit friend. Just because you live like you are human doesn't make your powers disappear." he pointed Taemin "You are part sorcerer and Shaman. I can't help you for your shamanic power but for the other.." he smiled somehow smug " you couldn't find better teacher than me."

Taemin was going to say something when Nikolai talked again "They all can feel magic from you now Taemin. You can't say no."

But if he said yes his life was going to change isn't it ? did he really want to do that ? he could go to his house, take his affairs and leave the town now wouldn't it be better ? 

After thinking deeply about it he shook his head. No. Taemin wasn't a coward. He has to know why someone has locked his powers,who was killing people and what was taken from him. He was going to fight.

"I'm in." His choice was made.
"I knew you were going to say yes." Nikolai sipped his cappuccino chocolate.
Jaeshin opened big his eyes "Y...Your power of prophecy is back ?"
"No, i just knew. Now that this is settled," he looked toward Jaeshin like the spirit killed a squirrel "What is wrong with you ?"

Taemin frowned, sensing that Jaeshin knew what he was talking about "Why ? what's going on ?"
Nikolai smiled "Yeah what's going on Jaeshin, for once you are very quiet."
Taemin looked at Nikolai "No seriously, tell me."

"I'm not 100% sure because like you said i'm weak, but i have my idea of the problem and if i'm right we are in deep ."
"Language Nikolai, we are with a minor." Taemin looked at Matthias.

Matthias shrugged "Don't mind me."
They heard Jaeshin say in a little voice "Later please, if you excuse me now i'm going home."

Silence.
Karl sighed "I'm following him, see you later Taemin." with that the two spirits disappeared.
"Well" Nikolai burped "i suppose we are only three now."

What was happening exactly ? like there wasn't enough problems.
"Hm..can i talk now ?" asked Matthias all shy.

Oh right the newspaper "What did it say ?"
"Nothing much too i'm afraid. Only that the victim was barman in a ..special club" said Matthias blushing.

Nikolai rose from his chair "I guess we have to investigate then."
"We ?" asked Taemin.

"Of course i'm coming with you, tonight we are going to be Sherlock and Watson isn't it fabulous ?"
Oh no "Totally."  ++

"No."
"But whyyyyy" whined Matthias.
Taemin seized him by the shoulders "Because i said so, you don't have to ask me the same thing every damn minute you.are.a.minor i will not take you to a club."

Then Taemin went to the living room followed by Matthias "But you will need me !"
"For what exactly ?"

Matthias for once went silent.
Taemin sighed passing a hand in his hair "I'm sorry. But believe me if i could trade with you i would do it, i don't feel like going to a club or whatever."

"We will not go dancing you know, just see if we can find informations from the victim."

Taemin turned toward Nikolai to say something and froze. "Where.did.you.find.that ?"
Nikolai looked at himself "In your closet why ? it's not good ?"

Taemin looked at his low-necked shirt from the jean ripped "Did i have ripped jeans ?"
"Hm ? oh i did that myself with a knife from your kitchen, people in the street wear it like that so i thought why not. It suit me right ? my look so great."

Silence.
Nikolai glared at them "Right ?!"

Taemin looked at Matthias.
Matthias smiled "Right, finally i understand my luck to stay here" he turned toward the door "have fun !"

When he was gone Nikolai cleared his voice. Taemin turned toward him "Yes ?"
"You will go dressed like that ?"

Taemin frowned "I don't go there to have fun you know."
"At least wear something suitable, i suppose it's like the old private parties from my time where from 'how you dressed you can enter' and let me say that what you a wearing right now will not do."

Taemin sighed "Well let me find something and we can..."
"Nope. I already choose for you, look what i've found." he showed him a pair of leather trousers laced in the middle. "I would have wear it but my thighs are too large."
Taemin went breathless "Did you really found that in my closet ?" the trousers looked so tight that they left no room for imagination.

Oh wait, he remember buying it on a website after drinking 6 beers in the middle of the night. He was just out of the closet that night.
"I will NOT wear that Nikolai."
"Oh yes you will wear it !"
"But i will look like a...a..." he bit his lips.

"A ? Taemin it look like YOU are from an old Century, wear it !"
"I was going to say a ert but my answer is the same: No !"
"You will !" Nikolai said wagging the pants toward him.
"Wait, did i imagined the zipper in the left cheek ?!"

Nikolai eyes turned entirely black. "W.E.A.R T.H.E.M."
Taemin put it on.

Its after they took the car that Taemin realised that the spirits didn't appear.++

Two guards were in front of the doors, Taemin and Nikolai saw a line in front of the club going until the other side of the street.
"Are you serious." whispered Taemin.
Nikolai was silently mouth open.

Silence.
"Okay Okay.. then we have not others choice than leave !"

Taemin was going to do that but Nikolai grabbed his arm still looking at the line.
"I knew it wasn't going to be that easy." murmured Taemin.

"Say little Shaman.." asked Nikolai.
"Yes ?"
"Why..Why isnt't there womens ?"

Taemin was going to ask what he mean until he'd seen only mens -some with glitter- waiting to enter.
He looked at the sky like talking to someone "...But why ? i mean why me ? why a gay club ? why theses pants ? why my life ? why spirits ? why wolves ..."

Nikolai patted his shoulders "Shh shh shh it's okay breathe, right maybe theses pants were a little too much."
"No, really ?!" Taemin snarled.
"How could i know it was a sodomy club ?!"

Taemin blushed "We don't call it like that, we prefer to say Gay nightclub."
Nikolai shrugged "This isn't going to change the fact."

They both looked once more at the club.
Finally Taemin said "Then what do we do ?"

"Maybe we could flirt with the guards." he looked at Tamin "you know how right ?"
Taemin gave him a side glance without answering.
"Ah right, you married the first girl you've seen then lived like a for 8 years after making her pregnant."

"How about you Mr i-know-everything ?"
Nikolai Shrugged "...i've only had one in my life and i didn't even need to flirt with him."

"Surely you can do like thoses who tried to seduce you before him."
Nikolai didn't dare look at him "Nope. They didn't live enough to finish their court. You see they were all spy or assassin, so i fried them with a thunderbolt. Theses mens tried to trap someone who can do prophecy aren't they idiots ?"

Sure if they tried to kill someone who could see the future.
Nikolai sighed "I suppose i could bewitch them but i am weak like a kitty."
"You are still angry about that." Taemin didn't even say it as a question.

"I am Nikolai Deucius the most powerful sorcerer of all time how dare you call me a kitty !"
"Oh please we will talk about it later, instead tell me how to enter this place !"

Nikolai exhaled then looked at people charging box and enter the club.
"I suppose we will have to work."