Chapitre 8

Haunted Fate

Breath Taemin, breathe.
He's alone in front of his bathroom's mirror looking at his reflection .
His eyes were red, his skin paler than usual. He feels like seeing himself when he arrived in Busan after long days of insomnia and tears. He passed a hand on the long silver bangs that darkened his face and breathed again.

He did magic. He see, hears spirits and does magic. He also brought back a legendary sorcerer from the dead. Where was the quiet and solitary life he had imagined coming here ?

Taemin was not a very friendly person . He has always been someone very lonely even with his wife or son. As a child he was not like that, he was the worst child that the earth as ever worn. He was never still, always laughing , running and moving, nothing fascinated him more than 10 minutes . Then something changed since the day he went to see a Shaman to discover his abilities. He didn't know what, he had strangely a fews memories of this day, but it had changed him like a new person. A stranger. That day something important had died in him. Something he desperately needed without knowing exactly what it was.
It was stupid right ?

He tried to fill this emptiness by going out, drinking, falling in love, marrying, having a child but nothing changed. Taemin was only a quarter of what he really should be, as if several parties of him were there somewhere waiting to be picked up. A horrible feeling that Taemin had lived with for more than fifteen years.

He returned to the present hearing some voices in the kitchen. He went down the stairs and heard Karl talk with Jaeshin.
"..Why are you saying no ?" he heard Jaeshin.
"Because he's too young and inexperienced !" replied Karl.

"But if he's really a descendant of Nikolai we really can stop the serial killer !"
"Don't be so sure, we don't know what the killer is exactly, and if it's know that Taemin is not human the pack will hunt him."
Then they saw Taemin and looked embarrassed.
Taemin didnt care, he just asked "Where is Nikolai ?"

Karl pointed at the table in the living room "Where you left him with a coffee."
Taemin joigned the sorcerer and sat in front of him. The man had his eyes on the mug, lost in thought.
"Are you alright ?" Taemin asked.

Nikolai was still looking at the mug "I can't believe i'm alive."
"Well me neither, nor did i know Nikolai was my ancestor."
Finally Nikolai looked at him. "Your family never talked about me ?"

"Never."
"You were maybe adopted."
Taemin snorted "Oh no, i'm pretty sure they are my parents unfortunaly."
Nikolai looked definitely lost. "But you have my blood in your veins i can feel it, just what is going on."
Jaeshin who joigned them asked "Did you sleep with a women before ?"

Nikolai stuttered "I only had men in my life..precisely just one."
The atmosphere was all of a sudden heavy.
Karl shrugged "Well the most important is that he resurrected you, you are alive."
"Yeah" Nikolai looked at everyone "And how much time has passed ?"

Well the silence was there again.
Taemin looked at Nikolai's clothes, still in the fashion of the 18th Century and his long hair silver attached with a blue ribbon.
"Well..you are in the 21th Century, 5 February 2018."
Silence.

"Are you kidding me ?!" Nikolai definitely became insane sending the mug flying without even touching it.
The spirits and Taemin recoiled discreetly seeing Nikolai breathing hard.
"We should take it slow." whispered Jaeshin.

Nikolai looked at him with a glare "I can hear you stupid."
"And so ? i don't give a i'm already dead !"
Nikolai scoffed "Because you think that it will stop me from hurting you ?"
Jaeshin opened his eyes big.

Taemin frowned "You said that you can hear, but you can't see him ?"
"I'm weak. My magic is asleep, it will take time to recover and for that i will need to eat...something."

"Oh.." was he going to ask for blood ?
"Say Taemin do..is Chocolate still sold ?"  ++

 Taemin looked bewildered at his guest eating brownies.

Nikolai moaned obscenely with parts of the cakes in each hands, and a mouth full of traces of chocolate. "This is best thing ever. Why fall in love when you have this !"
Karl scoffed while Jaeshin looked at the plate with envy.

"So" Nikolai said "Why did you call me ? is it because of the serial killer ?"
Taemin fronced "You didn't go out of your grave but you know about the Serial Killer ?"

"I shut my eyes, not my ears."
Taemin nodded "Maybe you can help us but first i wanted to ask you something."
Nikolai though of it "Well your chocolate is good so i will listen to your question."

Taemin breathed "What is wrong with me ?"
Nikolai didn't even flinch, like he was waiting for him to ask "Many things. First " he pointed a finger at him "your eyes. It's not normal you know that right ?
Taemin shook his head "It's because i'm ColorBlind, i can't see colors."

"Wrong."

Silence.

"Someone put a spell on you. A strong one at that." he took again a part of brownies and said "It was so strong that it affected your powers. It was put in the first place to break something. A link to what ? i don't know, i'm too weak to look in your memories. But you are lucky, i can feel how strongly the spell contain your powers, i don't know how you could survive that. Your eyes speak for itself, it's the colors of a dead man."

"Jesus." whispered Jaeshin.

Nikolai shrugged "Maybe you survived because you have my powers. I bet theses idiot didn't know you were my descendant." he looked so smug that Karl and Jaeshin looked at the ceiling asking for divine help.

"ing spirits i can feel you all rolling your eyes at me, do you know how much i was respected !"
Jaeshin scoffed "So what ? they are all dead."

Taemin didn't even know he was crying "What did they took from me ? i feel like i'm dead. I always knew something was missing" he feel his throat tight "..and i can't find what."

Nikolai sobered "I can't break that sort of spell. It's the doing of a shaman, and that isn't my thing. If i tried to remove it, it could kill both of us."

Taemin then freely cried, a hand in front of his eyes.
He passed twenty five years with a spell that no one knew of ? impossible.
Nikolai laughed.

Taemin and the spirits looked at him confused.
"Don't cry idiot, didn't you attack me with a sphere earlier ? don't you see thoses stupid spirits ?"
Karl contained Jaeshin physically.

Taemin didn't dare hope "You mean.."
"Too much spirits in this house. Your powers grew stronger wanting to recognize what he was feeling around you. Your power is alive, he though that maybe you were in danger so a part awakened. Didn't you hear like a snap in your body recently ?"
Taemin though of it and he remembered something.

He touched his temple where his scar was before "Coming back from a jogging one night i've felt like a electric shock in my body, like something was put on mode On."
Nikolai smiled "Then welcome to the world of surnatural."++

Taemin woke up feeling observed.

He was right since Nikolai was at few centimetre of his face.
"I feel like i'm looking at a mirror" he whispered ,his voice hoarse and aloof.

"I'm way more beautiful." replied Nikolai in the same tone.
"Why are you in my room ?"

"Something happened." at that Taemin wake up instantly "Another corpse. I can feel his blood on the water passing under your house."
Taemin shivered "Do you know where is the victim ?"

Nikolai shrugged "Me ? no, but the young guy called Matthias waiting for you on the salon maybe."
Taemin went down the stairs without putting on trousers.