Chapter 18

Haunted Fate

Taemin didn't know how much time time has passed since he hide his face in his hands ashamed of his secret. Because the silence was still here, he finally looked up to see Nikolai looking at him bored.

"So ?" he said arching an eyebrow "you want to stay single for the rest of your life because your friend was a coward and a mad dog ? i'm seriously disapointed in you."

Taemin stared at him baffled then slowly shook his head to clear his mind. "What.."

"If he really wanted her he should have did something to have her in all theses years..."
"He didnt try anything because i was his friend.."

"Wrong. Would you pin for someone for 10 years without trying anything ? you are not an idiot i'm sure you would have seen it if he looked at her with desire. I think he had a crush first and because he couldnt act on it, he was still fixated on her. You were not the only one to keep secrets in this story. Ok you played a woman and even had a son but we all do mistakes, some are more ..complicated. But you three - you ,Kate and Jackson had a part in this. For not saying what you really wanted. In the end no one was innocent and everyone suffered. End of story."

Taemin stared at him.
Nikolai tilted his head and scratched his neck "Now when are you goign to ask the Alpha out ?"

Taemin still stared.
"I..no no what if he's straight or he's with someone ? and more importantly i don't have experience in.."
Nikolai cut off his sentence"Blablabla always excuse just go with the flow."

"But a sorcerer and a wolf toguether ?!" surely it was forbidden or something.
"..True its weird, but it never happened before because one is allergic to the other. But you dont seem affected by his presence so try at least. In the worst scenario he would laugh at you." he shrugged.

Taemin looked at his feet ignoring the sound of Nikolai scratching his neck.
"Without forgetting than you have to tell him about what happened in the club."

Taemin looked at him frowning "What happened ?"
"Man you are dense ! did you already forget that man talking about killing a wolf, and nearly taking your left eye off with a knife ?"

Taemin did forget. He sighed "I'll do it" , Nikolai was right he should call him. "I'm really tired." he passed a hand on his face.

"It's normal, you brought a spirit back from the dead. The worst is that it work only five hours."
"What ?!" shrieked Taemin "the ritual doesnt last ?!"

"Of course not, or everyone will be back to life at a point !"

"Then..then what ?"
"If he want to stay alive he has to bond with his mate. The link would keep him alive. At least as long as his mate live."
". Does Jaeshin know ?"

"I suppose not, and i'm not eager to say it. That idiot would think i did it on purpose..God it itch !" Nikolai scartched the left side of his neck forcefully.

What was the problem exactly, was Nikolai allergic to something ? or was bitten ? Taemin leaned to see his neck thinking it was a mosquito bite and gasped "Nikolai !"
"What ?" Nikolai asked without stopping scratching.

"Your..your neck.." he gulped "since when does it itch ?"
"Hm..since the first day i came back to life. But it's worse each day. Why ?"

"Look at your fingers. And please don't panic."
Nikolai stopped reluctantly scratching and looked at his nails drenched in blood.
"What.."

"Maybe something sting you or it can be your allergy to wolves who did that. Whoever it is we should go see a Doctor. Im going to retrieve Jaeshin at the hairdresser, wait for me !" 
Taemin was about to get up when Nikolai said "No need."

Taemin turned around to face his ancestor ready to fight him to take him to the hospital, but Nikolai's eyes were riveted at his bloody hand looking helpless.
"N..Nikolai ? hey.."he sat near him and took his right hand in his "you know what is this ?"

Nikolai didnt even started shaking his head that he let out a sob. Taemin's eyes went big looking at him.
The kids who were playing earlier were now looking at them, and more precisely at Nikolai's neck.
"Uh.." Taemin tried to smile "it's nothing Kids just..don't mind us."

The kids still looked at them but continued to play.
"Maybe i should leave." Nikolai suddently got up and wiped his hands on his pants.
Taemin frowned "You mean going home right ? just to make sure."

Nikolai smiled "No. I mean leave this city. Somewhere alone, maybe in the middle of a forest. With a lake nearby..yeah it would be not bad."

"But..why so suddently ? has it something to do with your neck ?"
Nikolai studied him "..You dont know ?" when the silence stretched Nikolai shook his head, his eyes sad. "Of course you don't know. I feel the bond Taemin. I bonded to that and i feel the distance. And because that fairy didnt bond to me i'm the only one suffering. It's like something want to get out my flesh and can't. It's eating me."

"Oh. And..can't we do something about it ?"
They looked at each other for what seems like an eternity before Nikolai eyes watered "No." They both looked at Jaeshin get out of the hair dresser and heading toward them "It will only get worse."

Jaeshin went toward them with a grin on his face and said "Hey guys just look at me !" he turned around himself, letting them look at his haircut. his blond hair seemed even more golden under the sun. Long to the back of his neck, bangs falling to the edge of his green eyes. He looked like one of thoses actors of Hollywood.

"So what do you think ?"

"Look like a lettuce."

Silence. Taemin closed his eyes for a second. They were at this. Again.

Jaeshin crossed his arms saying calmly "You always have something bad to say, you and your hair of Francis Lalane."
"Who's that ?" asked Nikolai frowning.

"I don't know..they were watching something called fort boyard in the hairdresser. Well now that it's finished let's go ! we go shopping right !" he walked ahead without waiting for them.

Taemin was still thinking about what Nikolai said "Are you dying Nikolai ?" he asked soflty.
It took a moment for Nikolai before he answered "Not physically. But inside ? yeah kinda."

Taemin gulped "You dont need to leave. I will take care of you."
"No one can, idiot. It will not be easy to stay with me. I may be unstable in a fews day maybe even get agressive. Do you really want me to stay ? want to assist at my decadence ?"

Taemin shook his head, then took Nikolai's arm in his going toward Jaeshin "I will be there. Always."

Taemin didnt look at his ancestor but he could hear the tears in his voice when he said "The next few days are going to be hell."  ++

 

For being hell it was.

Mostly for Nikolai who since coming back home, locked himself in his bedroom.

Taemin thought it could be good to give him time for himself because obviously he was hurting, and for apparently a long time. He felt a little guilty for not realizing it sooner and only understand it when Nikolai's hand was bloodied.

When Taemin made dinner that evening, he already had a fight with Jaeshin, who since he knew he could only be human five hours without being bonded with his mate, disapeared and officially was mad at him even thought Taemin didnt know about it until two hours ago.

Taemin knocked at Nikolai's door to come eat but he only heard a breathless voice said "I'm not hungry."

At that Taemin didnt worry either because of course, Nikolai was hurting and surely didnt have it in him to eat right now. So he just left a place of smashed potatoes and meat with water (and a little chocolate) near his door.

In the middle of the night Taemin feeling observed opened his eyes and found near his bed his ancestor looking at him in the dark, face expressionless. Taemin blinked then frowned "You.." his voice was rasped "are you all right ?"

Nikolai shook his head.

Taemin after looking at him a few seconds went backward in his bed and opened the blanket "You want to come here ?"

Nikolai immediatly went inside the bed and snuggled agaisnt the heat. His eyes were closed when Taemin whispered observing him "Does it hurt ?"

The answer was long to get by but Nikolai opened his eyes and said "I don't know."

He didnt know ?

"Let me tell you a story. Once upon a time a sorcerer. He had no parents, never had a childhood. One day he opened his eyes and .."

Silence.

"Hop, he was here."

Silence.

"What the .." started Taemin.

"Simply. Don't search far. The sorcerer opened his eyes and then he lived. looking like a twenty years old boy."

"..Amnesia ?"

"No. The sorcerer was created by someone. He didnt know who, but the information was placed in his head. The sorcerer was also the first specie created with magic. The first sorcerer."

Taemin was feeling completely lost "Wow. Is this story...true ?"

Nikolai nodded and continued "The sorcerer wandered around the city and quickly learned to be discreet and live amongs the humans. He watched enough innocent persons burn to know that sorcery was forbidden. Years passed and more sorcerer came in the city. The sorcerer quickly learned that he was stronger than them and they wanted him at the end to be their leader and run the city. The sorcerer refused so another person took his place but the sorcerer was well respected though. He was courted by mens and womens, but he denied them all, believeing his soul mate was somewhere. The Sorcerer could also see the future and one day what he'd seen scared him to no point."

Taemin gulped and whispered "What did he see ?"

"The end. Of everything. Because of a War between Vampire and others specie. Everything turned into ashes. All, Vampires, Species and humans died. The world in my prophecy has ended."

Taemin nearly jumped out of his bed "WHAT ?! are you seri.."

"But. Someone could save it. Save us all."

Taemin froze.

"The first Vampire and specie created."++

"The sorcerer searched that man everywhere. He didnt know the name of the Vampire but quickly learned it thanks to his description : Golden eyes, hair and skin, with tribal tattoos covering every inch of his skin in a same bright gold."

Silence.

"Everything ?" asked Taemin curious.

Nikolai let a fews seconds pass before ponctuating "E.v.e.r.y .i.n.ch."

Taemin let out a whistle "So..his name ? was it Goldmember ?"

Nikolai frowned "Is this a joke ?" he held up a hand before Taemin said something "don't say i don't wanna know. So the man didnt have a name. But because every person who had seen him have been dumstruck, they gave him the surname of Nemesis. So beautiful that he was reffered as a sin. They gave him Gold, diamonds and even a castle without him having asking for it."

"What ?" Some people had it easy.

Nikolai nodded "People stayed in front of his castle for days for seeing a glimpse of him. "

"Scary."

"Yeah, he was beautiful that much. So the sorcerer went to see him and Nemesis did believe him. Unfortunaly the sorcerer received a letter from Zitao the Leader of Vampires , who asked to see him. Which was odd because they never meet."

Nikolai looked like he was going to be sick.

"Are you all right Nikolai ?"

Nikolai took a deep breath "Yeah so i went...i mean the sorcerer went to see him and a Shaman -standing near Zitao- had the same prophecy. He said that the sorcerer knew where Nemesis was. But that rang a bell in the sorcerer's head because Shaman doesnt see the future and the guy seemed creepy as hell with his cloath."

Wait did Nikolai said almost ? he was the first sorcerer created ?!

If so, no wonder he was so arrogant.

"Did you tell them where he was ?"

Nikolai bit his lips aware that he revealed himself "Yes i did. Otherwise things would have gone bersek. But i went ahead to tell Nemesis." Suddently Nikolai's eyes glowed " THAT ING IDIOT IN NEED OF LOVE LET HIMSELF GET POISONED BY A CRAZY HUMAN BOY."

Aouch "So..he's dead ? what will happen to the world if.."

"He can't die Taemin he.can't.die the only way to kill him is if his creator want to." Nikolai eyes seemed sad "but since then i don't know what happened because two fairy came to take me to their King offering protection. Somehow he knew i was in danger even if we never meet. I should have knew it was too good to be true."

Taemin guessed "It was your mate ?"

"Yeah lucky me, The Fae King was my soul mate. i bonded to him two days later but he didnt, i wasnt worried because..." Nikolai shrugged "he's my mate what could he do beside love and care for me ? i was silly. A fews days after our ..first night toguether, i saw him with at least fiftheen mens and womans, which one was giving him a ."

Taemin saw red "Holy hell the scum. I can't imagine what you did, did you..kill him ?"

Nikolai looked at the ceiling then said calmly "I didnt kill him. I remember him handing his hand to me to join them and..i simply took back the bracelet that i gave him and left."

"Oh Nikolai.."

Nikolai breath was shaking and his voice was trembling "In short i opened the portal to the earth to leave and Zitao found me, I have prophesied that i would be reborn and fell from a cliff END."

Silence.

"I'm.." Taemin shook his head from too much information. "I.."

Nikolai cut him off "We have to find Nemesis to stop that war, we have to find the serial killer, we have to free you from what sealed your powers and we have to do all that before I loose my ."