Chapitre 29

Haunted Fate

"I don't want you !"

Sungjong aka Fate still followed Nikolai upstairs "We can talk about the old days, and what you missed during the last 300 years!"

"And for that you put on pajamas and followed me with a cushion ?!" Nikolai answered.

Fate looked at him for a moment, "Do you want me to stay up all night ? and you need someone to watch over you" He waved at Nikolai's belly "just in case."

Nikolai looked at Ignis behind him stuck to his back, "I already have a dedicated bodyguard."

"Oh that's right." cooed Fate.

"You're devouring my book with your eyes, or I'm dreaming."

"Admit that Nemesis was very handsome, if only I had not been forbidden to have relations with other species!"

"So you're a ?"

Silence.

Sungjong innocently blinked, "What we don't know, we don't miss it."

"Wait, I can't believe it, you were forbidden to have u .."

"Blah blah blah, let's go to sleep oh, and Ignis can stay in this shape and warm me up tonight."

"Request refused." Nikolai thought for a moment "Ignis, I'm spending the night with Fate, you're going to join Taemin in his bed."

Ignis looked at Fate for a moment and then went to Taemin's room and removed his clothes as he approached.

Fate watched his golden, tattooed disappear into the hallway "Oh-oh oh oh oh oh OH."

"Calm down, it's probably not his real , Ignis created it."

"False my dear compatriot, Ignis scanned Nemesis from head to toe for having reproduced his body so perfectly."

"Wow, I don't know when Ignis had time to do it."

He went to his room followed by Fate.

"Why did Nemesis have to fall in love with a damn human huh?"

"Love is blind Fate, you would know if you knew it." Nikolai answered.

Sungjong went into the bed "Yeah, well, that does not make me want to."

"True, but it's better than being alone all your life. Don't you have enough to be alone, Fate?"

In the darkness of the room, Fate muttered a yes.


ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

Taemin was in his bed lost in thought when he felt a muscular body stick to him. He jumped violently. It certainly was not Nikolai.

"What .." he saw Ignis's golden eyes "Oh, um..hey."

Ignis lay there, his eyelids closed. Taemin wondered what he was doing in this form but doubted he would get an answer. Suddenly Ignis opened his eyes and put his hand on Taemin's forehead, as soon he could see the memory of Fate asking Nikolai if he was still pregnant.

"Oh..you're here for Nikolai, I'm surprised, I didn't think you had a ... consciousness."

Ignis didn't answer touching the thin bangs on Taemin's forehead. Taemin swallowed loudly. Having never had a relationship with men, having one in bed was very embarrassing.

"Ignis, I want to apologize for the fact that you've been locked under my floor for several centuries and sealed, I know I have nothing to do with it, but I feel very guilty."

Ignis touched Taemin's forehead again and showed him a memory. At first, Taemin did not understand what he was seeing and then everything was clear. He saw through the eyes of Ignis the scene before him.

***

Nikolai in this memory was lying on the ground. Bones came out of his flesh and his face was swollen and covered with blood.

"Hide my body." he croaked, "Bury my corpse ... no one will know where I'm lying."

"You don't even want to try to live?" asked one of the fairies.

Nikolai closed his eyes, murmuring in a broken voice, "I can't live without him, and he can't live without his kingdom." He heard the Fae guards approach and Key screaming his name desperately.

"Hide me from him ... forever."

Ignis had taken his human form without even realizing it and watched his master die under his eyes. Nikolai's eyes were staring up at the sky and his heart had stopped beating. At that moment, Ignis could feel an emptiness deep inside him. Something was leaving him.

And that something was his connection with Nikolai.

Ignis was a very powerful book. The more time passed, the stronger he was. The more Nikolai used it, the more power it gained. Ignis had long since passed Nikolai as a supernatural entity, but even though he was powerful and conscious as a book, he needed a master. Nikolai had been his only owner so far. It is true that sometimes Nikolai was insupportable and stupid like for example the time he agreed to see Zitao. Didn't he know it was a trap to know where Nemesis was? if Nikolai had asked Ignis for help, he would have protected him so that not even dust would hit him.

Yes, Ignis didn't like Nikolai's decisions sometimes. The man was stubborn and unbearable. But every day, even when he was exhausted, he infused magic to Ignis, making him stronger and stronger. If only once Nikolai had asked for his help, Ignis would have killed father and mother for him.

Now he was dead. Nikolai was no longer his master. Ignis was abandoned. The Fairies were wondering where they could hide his body when Key came down the cliff. Key watched the twenty little fairies around Nikolai's dead body and his sword fell to the floor. Ignis was looking at him now and it was the first time he felt anger. An unparalleled fury that caused him to see red.

Key several meters from the corpse raised a trembling hand towards him "Ni ... Nikolai .."

In the space of a second, Ignis had appeared in front of Key and punched him in the jaw.

Ignis was so angry that he knocked whoever approached him and killed those who tried to go to Nikolai. The pain in him was immense, immeasurable. She climbed into him and hugged his artificial heart. It took him a moment to realize that the fairies had taken Nikolai away. His body had disappeared.

Ignis then dropped to his knees among the King's soldiers trying to kill him, but they could not.

Because Ignis was now immortal.

***

A second memory followed the first.

Ignis was chained in a magic room annihilating any power. This piece was made by Nikolai the day after he meet the King Fae. Nikolai had been so happy to have helped the King. Ignis had never seen him so smiling.

He should have known that it was too good. Nikolai always attracted the wrong people. If Ignis had been another entity than the creation of Nikolai, he would have made his happiness his priority. Now it was too late.

He didn't know where Nikolai had been taken, but he would make him come back to life at any cost.

Suddenly, the sound of the opening door of the dungeon brought him out of his thoughts. Key appeared in his cell staggering from right to left. His skin had lost its golden appearance. His red hair was dull, the bottom of his face up to his neck covered with cuts.

These were the work of Ignis, he had specially made them so that they could not heal. It was a little revenge compared to the end of Nikolai.

Key stared at him silently, sipping his drink and smelling alcohol. Sometimes he lost his balance and had to stand near the walls.

"Where .." Key tried to pull away from the wall "Where is he ? Nikolai ? .. where?"

Ignis kept looking at him. Even a human was better compared to this pitiful King. Key's face turned red, throwing his glass on the other side of the room, "Where is he, give him back to me, give him back to me !" he screamed echoing in the dungeon. He lost his balance and fell to the ground.

"Your majesty, everything is fine?" asked a soldier in front of the door.

The King tried to get up again, saying he needed to see Nikolai again. Ignis looked at him with a grin. It was too late, the King will never see him again, not even Ignis. Nikolai had prophesied that one of his descendants would resurrect him, but how ? he had none.

Ignis watched the drops of water come out of his eyes and fall to the ground.

"No .." the King chuckled "No, no, no you have no right to cry, I have the right to cry !" he shouted, his voice broken, "I lost my consort, I lost my Nikolai, he was mine !"
Ignis looked up at the King, radiating fury.

It was his fault. Ignis thought.

He got up slowly and broke his chains as if they were made of cotton. He knew what he had to do. He stepped towards Key, who, with his eyes wide, drew back.

"S..Soldi ..!"

 Ignis took him by the neck before he could call for help and raised him above the ground. Eye for eye, tooth for tooth. The Fae King would pay with his life for what he had done. But before that, Ignis showed him a memory in which Nikolai spoke of the King to Ignis with a big smile.

In this memory Nikolai never ceased to say how beautiful he was, how fascinated he was by every little gesture of the King. How sure he was that Key would not hurt him. In this memory Nikolai said how much he trusted him.

When the memory ended, Ignis saw the face of the King covered with tears. He dropped him to the ground and Key began to cry like a child. As a person to whom had snatched his only reason to live.

Ignis didn't feel pity for him. But he knew that even on the verge of death, Nikolai still loved him. So he let him live with his guilt.

A light behind him made him turn around. A dozen little fairies were there beckoning him to approach. Ignis rushed to them and could hear the King calling him before he was teleported.

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

The end of the memory was vague. Taemin could only see parts.

Ignis trying to dig up Nikolai's body in the garden of this house.

The fairies trying to hold him back, and Ignis attacking them.

The fairy sealing Ignis in his book form with thorns under the floor of the house.

Taemin had tears in his eyes, now looking at the face of a sad Ignis, remembering the past.

"Ignis..you have a conscience." he said stunned, "and all those years you've felt guilty."

He put his hands on Ignis's face. "Do not be, no one could have predicted what was going to happen." Suddenly, it tilted "Nikolai could have, he has prophecies, he sees the future, so why didn't he see the fact that his soulmate was going to deceive him, the invasion of Zitao or his death? "